a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi y’all. I’ll give a brief intro. I’m a US citizen from the southeast, prior military, and I’m currently a professional Firefighter. I’m aspiring and have been saving and prepping to try and join the legion. This sight seems to be a good resource so I’m here for information and to share experience.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Welcome to the forum. Check out the sticky's and search function for info. Also check out the threads by BuffaloBillCody, he recently went through selection and placed in 2Rep. His threads give an insight into the current state of the Legion.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, Leptocockles and welcome
Fire man, intresting !
You have done intresting courses as a fire fighter?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi, Leptocockles and welcome
Fire man, intresting !
You have done intresting courses as a fire fighter?
Yes sir I have. Hazmat, Firfighter I & II from the Alabama Fire College (one of best in the world), Forcible Entry, EMT-Basic, Wildland Firefighter, Apparatus Operator, Emergency Vehicle Driver, Etc. I’ve fought a ton of fire and been involved with some crazy tech rescue. 80% of our Job is EMS.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Check out the sticky's and search function for info. Also check out the threads by BuffaloBillCody, he recently went through selection and placed in 2Rep. His threads give an insight into the current state of the Legion.
Thank you. I’ll give it a look.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nîmes (home of the 2 REI)...south of France
Holds evry other year, a forest fire académie for all countries concerend
Our Canada airs are based here
Inauguration of the New Dash (10 t cuve...water or retardent), by the Ministère de l ' Interierur, the other day
At times, the regiment supplies extra arms to beat smoulders
Am sûre the Legion will consider you more than others

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Inauguration of the New Dash (10 t cuve...water or retardent), by the Ministère de l ' Interierur, the other day
That’s very reassuring. Thank you for the insight.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yes sir I have. Hazmat, Firfighter I & II from the Alabama Fire College (one of best in the world), Forcible Entry, EMT-Basic, Wildland Firefighter, Apparatus Operator, Emergency Vehicle Driver, Etc. I’ve fought a ton of fire and been involved with some crazy tech rescue. 80% of our Job is EMS.

Nice, I've been a wild land fire fighter for the past 7 years, hotshot crew all 7. Prior service also, infantry. Have you been on a wild land crew?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Nice, I've been a wild land fire fighter for the past 7 years, hotshot crew all 7. Prior service also, infantry. Have you been on a wild land crew?
Nah, mainly structure side but we’re rural. I’ve fought some mean 10 acre plus fires. No more than 20. Would love to give it a try out west. You hot shots are high speed. I been in the trade 2 years.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm not being childish here with a my ex-regiment is better than yours, But the REP his it's own fire engines because if all the maquis fires in summer.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
La maquis compared to our Garrigues. ..you can not be serious ?
The Garrigues is three times bigger than your poxy. ..Maquis

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Nah, mainly structure side but we’re rural. I’ve fought some mean 10 acre plus fires. No more than 20. Would love to give it a try out west. You hot shots are high speed. I been in the trade 2 years.

Some of them 10 acre fires suck. lol I've had some crazy shitty hikes in some fuckin nasty terrain to get to a 10 acre or less lightning fire in California believe that lol.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Some of them 10 acre fires suck. lol I've had some crazy shitty hikes in some fuckin nasty terrain to get to a 10 acre or less lightning fire in California believe that lol.
I’ll bet. It’s all briars, thick brush, and hillsides out here. The humidity just adds to the suck. I heard it’s tough out there.