Hopeful candidate introduction

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Without saying too much, I'm an American who dropped out of college like an idiot to start a business. It worked out for two years before my partners threw in the towel leaving me with my d$ck in my hand (don't go into business with your friends). I played division 2 Rugby in college and did a brief stint at West Point before deciding I didn't want to play American football and losing my spot. I'll be making my way to Aubagne in October 2020 as I finish shutting down our company and settle outstanding debts as well as getting myself in better shape. A tattoo prevents me from pursuing a career in my own armed forces and my lack of a college degree prevents me from pursing meaningful employment among other reasons. While my reasons are my own I'd appreciate any tips for selection and legion life, hoping to go infantry, combat engineers or armored cavalry (although I am 6' 4").

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello USA Rugby and welcome to the forum. If your tattoo is offensive or racist in any way get it covered up before going, as soon as possible so that it has time time fade (not look recently covered up)
I would advice you to join your local rugby club and let them worry about getting you fit.
Learn French. You will find all that you need to know about the regiments here:
Although when you join, you may be asked which regiment you want to go to after basic. Nothing is binding, you will be taught about all the different regiments when you get to Castel and will have time to decide right up until the the last month.
A word of warning, the cadre who are there have all, except for the fut futs, served in different regiments. may be disillusioned by their former regiments and some may take it as a kind of personnel achievement to get as many recruits to join their old regiments as possible.
Just remember that it is your choice, although you will be volunteering to serve where ever the legion decides that you are needed.

Most viewed threads of the week