a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hostage situation

IRL_legion

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
"A hunt was underway Thursday for a man who tried to ram his car into soldiers jogging near their barracks in southeast France, without causing any injuries, the army said.
The man first threatened a group of soldiers who were out jogging at around 8am in Varces-Allieres-et-Risset, near Grenoble, and later tried to run down another group of soldiers returning from a jog, army spokesman Colonel Benoit Brulon said.
"The soldiers managed to get up onto the pavement without being hit," Brulon said.
The driver then sped off.
The local Dauphine Libere newspaper said the man is suspected to have been driving a stolen Peugeot 208.
Police sealed off the area and began a search for the driver, while the army stepped up security around the barracks, Brulon said."

Reported on the Telegraph website.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
93 Reg Artillerie de montagne,Varces, near Grenoble, Isère.
8h 30. ..9h 00 : a group of militaires doing a run. ..clashed with a lone driver, an exchange of insults
He tried to run them over, with out sucess : followed by more insults and menaces, in arab !
He drives off, comes across two other militaire and tries to run them over, failed and leaves the scene (militaire, noted his car number and has since been arrested )
During the time the authorities were looking for him : nursery schools and primary, were confined

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Got this gut feeling that we are going to recieve some kind of attack similar, here in Nîmes

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Good Afternoon Dusaboss

You seem to have taken my argument on idealism personally and maybe missed it a bit. By my prefasing the argument I was avoiding just this. I have not in any way defended extremists please reread my post for better understanding. I specifically mention that the Legion is governed by the Geneva accord and that they are not willing to intentionally harm civilians for their cause. I cannot speak on the recruitment process of the extremists as I have not invested much time on its research, but I've always thought it funny that for people proclaiming to not be afraid of death they do spend an awful amount of time hiding from death?!

Of course I'm taking personally man. :) What else should I do when you say that western way of living and FFL can be questioned and that we should ask are self that maybe we are wrong and they are right? I'm not mad, we just talking.

This should be not debated at all. Things here are simply not comparable. Western liberty isn't ideology. Its way of living that people found to be best in this 10 000 y of civilization. Why I'm thinking its best? Simply because many people from others places running toward west and not many going in other direction. (also many other things, but that isn't debate )
They want to implement rules on society by which most of world lived 1000 y ago. We are simple past that. (hope so)

Legionnaires are not willing to die for idea. They are professionals who accept possibility of death as hazard of job they do.
You will not found legionaries willing to die because someone make fun of ... I don't know... Captain's Jean Danjou wooden hand. :)

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Hmm interesting claim. Now can you define god?

Friedrich Nietzsche got himself nice way around it by saying "God Is Dead (and we have killed him)". But what is god? I never found satisfying answer to that question. Do I believe in God? I don't know, I having hard time understanding what God is.

For sure I don't believe in God which most main religions presenting to us. According to them God spoke to some Messiah and told him that only way to him is trough priests and temples and by giving money and unquestionable submission and trust to people who are probably much worst in aye of God than most common believers.
Hmm interesting claim. Now can you define god?

Friedrich Nietzsche got himself nice way around it by saying "God Is Dead (and we have killed him)". But what is god? I never found satisfying answer to that question. Do I believe in God? I don't know, I having hard time understanding what God is.

For sure I don't believe in God which most main religions presenting to us. According to them God spoke to some Messiah and told him that only way to him is trough priests and temples and by giving money and unquestionable submission and trust to people who are probably much worst in aye of God than most common believers.

Then again, you can find really good and wise old texts gathered through ages, but through editing (replacing) original text and making things sound good for current heads of current church or rulers we get something completely different.
Of course you need to separate wheat from chaff, and there as many chaff so ....

It's really deeply philosophical theme and I don't how many people here are really willing to get into it?

Then again, you can find really good and wise old texts gathered through ages, but through editing (replacing) original text and making things sound good for current heads of current church or rulers we get something completely different.
Of course you need to separate wheat from chaff, and there as many chaff so ....

It's really deeply philosophical theme and I don't how many people here are really willing to get into it?

Dusaboss,

I’ll have a quick go at that one:

Being of a rather advanced age by now, and not very religious of nature, I have nonetheless been philosophating a bit on the subject of gods and religion, the univers and the meaning of life in general, as you tend to do over a few beers when you are drinking on your own, without other silly buggers pestering you about their latest discoveries or....whatever.

Ok, here is what I came up with: God is not some abstract deity, like God, Allah, Shiva or whatever. God, or for that matter, the antigod, also known as the devil, is residing right inside us, in our brain. This god is also known as concience. It tells us humans what is good and what is wrong about what we are doing. But then, of course, Antigod will tell many people exactly the same thing, except from an opposite point of view.

I think that pretty well sums it up. Now back to my beer.

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
Man, this can't be good. Can't be good at all. I feel like in a couple of years it will be a miracle if I am granted a freaking visa to anywhere considering I am an Arab.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusaboss,

I’ll have a quick go at that one:

Being of a rather advanced age by now, and not very religious of nature, I have nonetheless been philosophating a bit on the subject of gods and religion, the univers and the meaning of life in general, as you tend to do over a few beers when you are drinking on your own, without other silly buggers pestering you about their latest discoveries or....whatever.

Ok, here is what I came up with: God is not some abstract deity, like God, Allah, Shiva or whatever. God, or for that matter, the antigod, also known as the devil, is residing right inside us, in our brain. This god is also known as concience. It tells us humans what is good and what is wrong about what we are doing. But then, of course, Antigod will tell many people exactly the same thing, except from an opposite point of view.

I think that pretty well sums it up. Now back to my beer.

I came to exactly same conclusions by myself. As many men (and women) did before us. That is concept of duality. We got that in almost every religion. Just sometimes is really blurry and changed from its original form into something different.
So many religion today fooling believers that only they are ultimate good and all others are bad no matter what.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nothing reported here about it (yet)
Found 1 journal that mentions it and it was customs looking for drugs
Who cares ?

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'm care! Because I'm reading in between lanes.

But yeah. It have nothing with FFL. Just relax and enjoy your old days. There is nothing to be worried about. And who cares for this young "snowball" pussies. F them!!!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
5 dudes from Lunel standing trial in Paris (being a part of a terrorist organisation) Lunel, a village between Nîmes and Montpellier

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Some had been to Iraq. Lunel, as small as ît is, a nesting spot for many Jihadists and it is close to 2 REI and the école d 'application d'infanterie in Montpellier. ..Montpellier is not far from Carcassonne, where the latest attack happened
All guilty till proven contrer

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I know the area well. My daughter in law, Florence lives there. She flies to the UK this afternoon.
I always thought that it was a safe area. But of course you can never tell. Anything can happen and in any location nowadays.

The area has recieved serious flooding 7. 5 meters high at certain points (10 dead Actu , mainly old age persons)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
My son flew back late on Sunday. Just back in time albeit his flight to the UK was delayed. He had been helping in a house move in Carcassonne. He made it by one day. Flooding has been terrible and the schools were closed and some roads impassable. Now he is back at work with the MoD.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The woman who's husband was shot by the terrorist and took his car. ..lost both of her parents last night
Trebes is looking like a battle field. .torn apart
Several villages have been evacuated
Forecast isnt that great. ..maybe sunny this week end
Was kind of predictable. .it's that time of year. ..and last weeks flooding in the Balereas, Spain should of had the authorities on maxi alert. It poured during the night
7 and a half meters in some areas
Here in Nîmes and the surrounding Cevennes is placed on Hi Risk level
...now, where is that thread about sleeping rougth in France?