How are you coping with the stay at home laws ?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Jonny,
We golden oldies will survive. I am and will be a sprightly 81 in May.
However do keep your distance from other people. Play safe.
I do not want my legal DNR to be enforced albeit I signed it years ago in order not to be a burden to my family. ( Do not resuscitate. )

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Very noble of you, Chas, but I prefer to be rather selfish when it comes to the end of my life. I reckon I have already done plenty enough for my family as it is. My time will come in its due course. Knock, Knock!

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Very noble of you, Chas, but I prefer to be rather selfish when it comes to the end of my life. I reckon I have already done plenty enough for my family as it is. My time will come in its due course. Knock, Knock!
Not noble at all. Self adopted due to WW2 by a wonderful person who passed away in a coma of a 13 week duration. Daily visits not pleasant. I would not wish that situation on anyone.

When I croak I shall be in good company with ashes spread in the RM memorial rose garden.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Here in Thailand there is a curfew from 22:00 until 04:00. Only tonight ! Pattaya and Phuket are completely closed down all the bars in the country are closed.
Normally, and I say normally all the restaurants are closed. Naturally there are one or two 'exceptions'. This is not good at all for the country as there is no dole. You work, you get paid,
It makes you wonder what all the whores are going to live on. Most of them are sent down from Issan, which is a huge barren part of the country in the North. there families send the youngest girls to send money back to support their them.
We have a 22:00 to 05:00 curfew in my city of Slidell, Louisiana.
Personally I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Grown adults have begged for the the government to take away their freedom, the police is encouraging citizens to turn on each other and the media are posting false stories to inflame the situation.

Britain today is like the lost prequel to Orwell's '1984'.
Read the Book Animal Farm
On Point

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Animal Farm is a book i've read several times. It's good. And scary.
I've read it too, also ; the road to Wigan pier, keep the aspidistras flying, down and out in Paris and London, homage to Catalonia and not forgetting 1984, Real name Eric Arthur Blair.

Here , it is Catastrophic. We are not allowed to buy any more beer (or any alcohol for that matter) until the end of the month. And tomorrow is the beginning of Songkran*. It should start on Monday, but thais being thais, it is/was due to start tomorrow. there is always two extra days allowed for Phuket and Pattaya. there is a procession followed by a huge water fight. And of course lots and lots of beer (and deaths due to drink driving).
I'm not bothered about the thais not being able to enjoy themselves, because they will rip off westerners left, right and centre. It's the fact that I, I (me o_O ) am being deprived of my Chang beer. I'm not the cause of the Kro 19, no need to take it out on me!

*Songkran is the Thai New Year's national holiday. Songkran is on the 13 April every year, but the holiday period extends from 14 to 15 April. In 2018 the Thai cabinet extended the festival nationwide to five days, 12–16 April, to enable citizens to travel home for the holiday.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
"We are not allowed to buy any more beer (or any alcohol for that matter) until the end of the month. "

Oh hell no. Do you know how to brew your own?

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
No I don't.
Ah. I saw on your other post that you're still able to buy it, albeit discretely. Homebrewing takes about a month, and the beer has to be checked up on pretty frequently the whole time. It's kind of a pain in the @ss, because one wrong move and you end up with non-alcoholic barley tea*, sour beer**, alcoholic penicillin***, or bottle bombs****. It's less a hobby and more of a part-time job that pays you in beer.

But if your part of Thailand hasn't gone (de facto if not de jure) dry, then buying it is the better option.

* Happens when the yeast is dead/dies/goes dormant and fermentation doesn't happen.
** Happens when bacteria gets in the wert (unfermented beer) and produces off-flavors in the final product.
*** The same, but happens when said bacteria outcompetes the yeast and ruins the batch.
**** Can happen during the bottling process; basically yeast consumes sugar and carbs and makes alcohol and CO2 (Carbon Dioxide). Too much CO2 and bottles go boom.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Ah. I saw on your other post that you're still able to buy it, albeit discretely. Homebrewing takes about a month, and the beer has to be checked up on pretty frequently the whole time. It's kind of a pain in the @ss, because one wrong move and you end up with non-alcoholic barley tea*, sour beer**, alcoholic penicillin***, or bottle bombs****. It's less a hobby and more of a part-time job that pays you in beer.

But if your part of Thailand hasn't gone (de facto if not de jure) dry, then buying it is the better option.

* Happens when the yeast is dead/dies/goes dormant and fermentation doesn't happen.
** Happens when bacteria gets in the wert (unfermented beer) and produces off-flavors in the final product.
*** The same, but happens when said bacteria outcompetes the yeast and ruins the batch.
**** Can happen during the bottling process; basically yeast consumes sugar and carbs and makes alcohol and CO2 (Carbon Dioxide). Too much CO2 and bottles go boom.
Thanks crawdad, but it does seem a bit complicated just to enjoy a cold beer on my patio. One god thing is, although I like my beer and have been drinking more than I normally do in this 'off period' One reassuring point is that cutting down to a beer at lunch time and a beer during the evening has not taken any effect. I'm sleeping OK and got up at 04:30, as usual. It's now 06:15 local and I'll be going out at seven do go on my walk and when I get back I'll do my press ups and dips.
So all is fine.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Thanks crawdad, but it does seem a bit complicated just to enjoy a cold beer on my patio. One god thing is, although I like my beer and have been drinking more than I normally do in this 'off period' One reassuring point is that cutting down to a beer at lunch time and a beer during the evening has not taken any effect. I'm sleeping OK and got up at 04:30, as usual. It's now 06:15 local and I'll be going out at seven do go on my walk and when I get back I'll do my press ups and dips.
So all is fine.
Are you skipping leg day Joe? What about your squats?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It's funny that you should say that, I did do a few when I got back. Although at my age, I try and take it easy.on the knees.
while we are at it, why don't I kill two threads with one post.
Here is a photo of the distance from our house to the beach. I wanted to take it just before I set out on my walk, but forgot that the sun comes up that way.
IMG_20200412_082404.jpg IMG_20200412_082452.jpg

It's a selfie so the it is all on the opposite side. You can just make out the path which leads down to the beach on the left (actually on the right) of the first picture. Our house in the second one. I haven't changed positions, however there is no way of telling that. But then again why lie about it? At least my shirt is wet.
IMG_20200412_082830.jpg IMG_20200412_082647_HDR.jpg

I'm at the entrance that I was on about in the first picture.The tide is in. And if anyone is wondering if I reconverted to estate agent, no. It's just that Dusa asked me a question about our house. Sacré Dusa.:)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
It's funny that you should say that, I did do a few when I got back. Although at my age, I try and take it easy.on the knees.
while we are at it, why don't I kill two threads with one post.
Here is a photo of the distance from our house to the beach. I wanted to take it just before I set out on my walk, but forgot that the sun comes up that way.
View attachment 6115 View attachment 6116

It's a selfie so the it is all on the opposite side. You can just make out the path which leads down to the beach on the left (actually on the right) of the first picture. Our house in the second one. I haven't changed positions, however there is no way of telling that. But then again why lie about it? At least my shirt is wet.
View attachment 6114 View attachment 6113

I'm at the entrance that I was on about in the first picture.The tide is in. And if anyone is wondering if I reconverted to estate agent, no. It's just that Dusa asked me a question about our house. Sacré Dusa.:)
Well you do ride bike a good amount right? Good for the legs. I ride everyday.
You able to enjoy the beach quite a bit then huh being so close!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I see that there are tasty live bats and Pingolins Involved eh!

Not sure why there is subtitles.
Singapore seizes elephant ivory and pangolin scales in record haul
The tusks, valued at $12.9m (£7.61m), came from nearly 300 African elephants.
The 11.9 tonnes of pangolin scales were valued at $35.7m and are believed to have come from 2,000 of the mammals.

OP
Surfguy

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I see that there are tasty live bats and Pingolins Involved eh!

Not sure why there is subtitles.
Singapore seizes elephant ivory and pangolin scales in record haul
The tusks, valued at $12.9m (£7.61m), came from nearly 300 African elephants.
The 11.9 tonnes of pangolin scales were valued at $35.7m and are believed to have come from 2,000 of the mammals.
Every country that allows these backwards cnuts to trade should have big trade embargos put on them until they arrive in the 21st century .

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Every country that allows these backwards cnuts to trade should have big trade embargo`s put on them until they arrive in the 21st century.
Sickening, is my reaction.

Most viewed threads of the week