How are you coping with the stay at home laws ?

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
I’m spending some time reading. Just finished this one. A great read, and cut to the bone, from one soldier to another:

3FD5728C-C1F0-4A3B-B6F7-CF52BD59DD5B.png267E630D-75A1-4D73-A6DB-D06362BAE27F.pngAEB436C8-6981-43DB-AE9B-7FD2685789FD.png

Sohito

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Poland
I’m spending some time reading. Just finished this one. A great read, and cut to the bone, from one soldier to another:

View attachment 6130View attachment 6128View attachment 6129
I was thinking about getting an audiobook of that one, lately. Nice to hear good review. I just finished Michael Herr's Dispatches, so maybe I will wait with another Vietnam war book. It was good read, the form was quite unique- I never read anything like that. War correspondent's thoughts from his 18 months time in Vietnam. Guy worked later at Full metal jacket and Apocalypse now movies, if I remember well.

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
I was thinking about getting an audiobook of that one, lately. Nice to hear good review. I just finished Michael Herr's Dispatches, so maybe I will wait with another Vietnam war book. It was good read, the form was quite unique- I never read anything like that. War correspondent's thoughts from his 18 months time in Vietnam. Guy worked later at Full metal jacket and Apocalypse now movies, if I remember well.
I read Dispaches a few years ago, and very good, however, this one resonated more with me and got me thinking about writing my own story about my experiences in the Algerian war in the same style as James Dixon. He certainly inspired me........now, where did I leave that single malt?

Fetch dogs, fetch!,
!

E82176BB-C91F-4402-8FA7-97328C92593B.jpeg

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Well, how do we keep with such problems here in Australia? My local bottle shop owners, also known as The Booze Brothers (but not on a mission from God), are now serving their customers in their cars! I hope it catches on 😀

B339E654-FA60-4010-AEF5-D1A37373F2EA.png

canuckroyal

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Hey gents! Long time no speak.

I'm no longer in the Canadian Army. As a matter of fact, I transferred to the Navy and am now a Naval Officer. There is a program in the Canadian Military for serving officers to switch trades. I was going to get out but some mates of mine from Military College convinced me to try the Navy so here I am.

Yes, crazy I know but the opportunity presented itself to try something new so I jumped at the chance, you only live once right? I finished my training just prior to COVID 19 outbreak and ended up on a Frigate.

We ended up being sequestered at sea for 60 Days and I just set foot on dry land for the first time three days ago.

Cripes are things different now. I hope you are all well and healthy!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hey gents! Long time no speak.

I'm no longer in the Canadian Army. As a matter of fact, I transferred to the Navy and am now a Naval Officer. There is a program in the Canadian Military for serving officers to switch trades. I was going to get out but some mates of mine from Military College convinced me to try the Navy so here I am.

Yes, crazy I know but the opportunity presented itself to try something new so I jumped at the chance, you only live once right? I finished my training just prior to COVID 19 outbreak and ended up on a Frigate.

We ended up being sequestered at sea for 60 Days and I just set foot on dry land for the first time three days ago.

Cripes are things different now. I hope you are all well and healthy!
It's good to hear from you. At least spending 60 days on ship will give you a chance to familiarize yourself to your new position.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Fkn shyte... accumulated greif in the same time span
It's driving me bats

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure if I answered this question or not. We are allowed out. There is a curfew which has been reduced to midnight until 04:00. I can't see the point as there are no tourists and the bars are still closed.
I haven't changed my habits at all I do my sport for an hour in the mornings 5 times a week. then I read for a while, I'm lucky because I am a slow reader, even still I go through books at a rapid rate of knots. Then I re-check the forum, which has been pretty dead recently:cry:.
Then I go to my tutorial videos:

Very good stuff to be learnt on here. If anyone is interested, you can download the work sheets in video #3. I'm doing Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook. That is practically everyday. Then I look at the history documents and then it's reading until the late afternoon when I put on a film. So as you can see it's pretty much routine boring stuff.
I do look at the job offers, but for the moment there's not much point as there are no international flights in or out of Thailand for some time. I applied for one job which was practically tailor made for me in Burkina Faso. Working a security manager on an open air gold mine. The same as I was doing next door in Mali.
I got this really snotty reply saying that due to the number of candidates they have taken on someone who is more qualified for that particular job than I am and not to be discouraged blah blah blah. I wrote back saying that if the person should get cold feet after the terrorist attack on the 11th and the one which took place yesterday (the 14th) to keep me in mind. I'm sure that she did not even know about them. Burkina Faso is a volatile country, it has had 7 coups d'états since it's independence from France in 1960. Plus you have three major terrorist groups who are trying to convert the 30% Christians to Islam radicals and the 70% Islam moderates to Radicals.
I do look into these things and with my new knowledge of Powerpoint (slide show) I put together an 'induction' to the new arrivals and sent in a copy to the cow who deals with recruiting.
I'm sure that she has never left North America (it's a Canadian company), let alone been to Africa.
Well that was my rant for the day, as you may be able to tell, I didn't do my sport today.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
There is no law to stay at home, so I am coping just fine.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
As I mentioned in the general chit chat, which it seems hardly anyone uses, I was back in the gym this morning. First time for about a month and a half
locked 1.jpgLocked.jpg

Looks like a murder scene from a movie.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
At least at the opening times 07:00 there's no-one around. there was an American in for half an hour. The guy in the background works there. I'm better (now) at Excel than I am at taking selfies :whistle:
IMG_chez Arnauld 1.jpg IMG_chez Arnauld.jpg

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Perhaps I did a little too much in my enthusiasm yesterday and today, As now I'm suffering. Actually I had the intention of going for a long walk tomorrow, I'm not sure about the day after, I mean it's alright trying to build muscles, but before, when I went to the gym, I spent all my time on the "do not cross this line. Murder scene" machines.
I'll keep you posted :whistle:.

I forgot to press the 'post reply"

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
How are you coping with the stay at home laws ? Is the title, so I would like you all to feel a little bit sorry for Manchester Utd:

As you can see from the title, Man U has lost a total of 28 million pounds from the pandemic. It's enough to make you cry:cry:. I shed a good few tears when I read that. As I'm sure that you will do too.

Until you read this...

for those who are not really interested in footy and cannot be bothered to click on the insert, allow me to pull out the interesting bit for you:
"De Gea will take home an astonishing £13.5million a year – around £250,000-a-week – after tax"
I mean WTF are they greeting about when they are paying a goal keeper 250 000 pounds a week (after tax ;))

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
As you can see from the title, Man U has lost a total of 28 million pounds from the pandemic. It's enough to make you cry:cry:. I shed a good few tears when I read that. As I'm sure that you will do too.
Me too. Can't stop crying after I read thhat. :cry:. "We lost 28 mil, poor we :cry:" They can have that back just by not paying David de Gea for one year!

I listened some football player talking how corona virus could permanently influence unrealistically high pays of players.
Would that happen? I don't think nothing significantly would change even if they play years without live audience. Most money for big clubs coming from TV and now internet, pay-per-view and not from selling ticket. Also from sponsors and their commercials and they care how many people would see marketing and that wouldn't significantly change with or without live audience. Corona could influence smaller clubs who don't have tv transmission and money from tickets is big deal for them.

Also I think big money in football coming from partnership with bookies and fixing matches that also staying stable.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It's funny, I was just saying to Erika the other day : i'm surprised that the French health workers haven't gone on strike, as now would be the ideal time to strike, just when the country needs them most.

Although a protest is not a strike per se, it's the next best thing. :cry: :ROFLMAO:
I had also mentioned that now that the lockdown is slowly being lifted it would be the ideal time for the SNCF (trains) to go on strike too. Although I think that they will probably wait until July- August when they will have more impact. The worse part of it all is that the French commuters are sympathetic towards them:sick: