a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are you coping with the stay at home laws ?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As per title , for me I take advantage of living in a rural area and get exercise walking in remote countryside , just done around 10km walk and seen one person in the distance , at home its a bit of cooking and home maintenance , service the car , I may be able to go hunting for a local farmer ,shooting foxes to protect livestock , thats about all I can do and stay on the right side of the law.

What about you ?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As a country bumpkin I am enjoying the quiet in our village. Superb weather has made all wildlife becoming active. Foxes are vermin and hunting should not have been abolished, Normally the lead hound would chop the fox with a quick kill. Not all ripping it apart as all the leftie luvvies maintained. Nature both red in tooth and claw !

Chas Former WAGBI, BFSS and BASC member.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
As a country bumpkin I am enjoying the quiet in our village. Superb weather has made all wildlife becoming active. Foxes are vermin and hunting should not have been abolished, Normally the lead hound would chop the fox with a quick kill. Not all ripping it apart as all the leftie luvvies maintained. Nature both red in tooth and claw !

You can't kill bad grass and Her Majesties' Commandos. I worry for you Chas.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
We have stayed indoors for the most part. Only out for food and beer. Caught up on Fear the Walking Dead, a really good series.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
We have stayed indoors for the most part. Only out for food and beer. Caught up on Fear the Walking Dead, a really good series.
What do you think about the Marines getting rid of tanks? I read an article saying so because they want to focus on what a would be fight against China would be island hopping.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Chas, funny you mention the vermin. With the streets of New Orleans closed and without people, the rats on Bourbon Street are desperate for food. with all of the crowds they always had food to get off of the ground. So now, the city is taking advantage and baiting the rats to kill off as many as they can.
What do you think about the Marines getting rid of tanks? I read an article saying so because they want to focus on what a would be fight against China would be island hopping.

I read that last week and I think the strategy is this, stay small, stay light, and distill the forces down to more elite, being more selective. The US Army has the tanks and etc. In modern warfare, tanks are not the safest things in the world. With any sort of air superiority tanks are just there to be killed...grateful it's not our case, we have the air cover to protect

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Nobody here clearly said what current laws are in their country. Maybe Joe did.

I did two pages earlier. Things changed lil bit until than, but it's time for someone else to say what happens in the country, state, county...

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Here in Florida*, schools are closed until further notice. Most restaurants are shut down, as are bars and nightclubs. A curfew is in place between 11 pm and 5 am, supposedly. To be fair, I don't know who is enforcing said curfew; perhaps soon I'll make a midnight ride and test my boundaries.

*I hate this fecking place. It's the Anglo version of Louisiana and therefore sucks donkey bite. I'm striking out west back to La Louisiane just as soon as I'm able.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Well,
Only negative effect I feel is professional / job related. Everything else is great, actually. The circle of people I socialize with in my private life is very small and I always avoided crowds, so it doesn't really suffer (caution is present, of course).
I am one of those people who like to argue with people in shops, bakeries, restaurants and bars on hygiene issues so I welcome all measures related to it.
Social distance of 2 m' is also appreciated, I hate when people invade my personal space. People should keep their bad breath and smell to themselves.
Written above may contradict, but in general I am a friendly person.😇
For an example, I can't wait to see my favourite barman again.😢🥃

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
For an example, I can't wait to see my favourite barman again.🥃
Who knows if we ever see them again? 😢 They are most endangered species on planet right now. Well, I still see mine every day :), but if he don't have 🍺 in his hands its just not same.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Well, here in my little farm on an island off an island continent, in a barely populated area to start with, where wallabies far outnumber people, I can hardly spot the difference. But I have stocked my garage full of beer in case of real hardship should come along. Can’t be too careful, now can we? 😇

Fun to watch all the wall-to-wall coronna news, though.

And for no particular reason, other than feeling a bit like dressing up.

Cheers all, keep safe and remember to wash your hands after sex 😅

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Yes, the posture will be back to the pacific theater and those little Chinese Bastards

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Who knows if we ever see them again? 😢 They are most endangered species on planet right now. Well, I still see mine every day :), but if he don't have 🍺 in his hands its just not same.
Personally, I think everything will eventually come back to normal sooner or later, if there is such thing as normal in today's world. We will feel some economical and social consequences and we will adapt with time.
At least we don't have a problem with illegal migrants anymore (LOL).
The biggest damage is already done by fear, properly scared people are easy to manipulate. Smart people turn into sheeps, dumber ones into rabid dogs.

Last edited:

kkillert0fu

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm continuing to train and learn French. I'm also getting an entry level certification in an in demand field, that way I have another skill set to bring to the Legion and is also something I can fall back on if I don't make it in. I can't work at the moment, which I'm a little miffed about, since it will take me longer than I was expecting to pay off some debt. But that isn't a total loss, it will give me more time to prepare. And once my debt is paid off, and the quarantines lifted around the world, I'm off to join the Legion.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Oh well, quarantines are bad? Can’t go shopping? Everything is shut down?

Poor snowflakes 😅

Here is a song about some real problems, like waking up in hospital and your legs are missing. Not trying to be morbid, just putting things a bit into prospective from the mind and view of an old soldier. Enjoy!