a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are you coping with the stay at home laws ?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As Chesty Puller famously stated in Korea, the enemy has us surrounded, means we can kill them in any direction.

Korea the 'Choisin Fiew'. Lt. Colonel Douglas Drysdale, took 41 Independent Commando to assist the USMC. They covered the withdrawal and were given a Presidential Unit Citation Navy. Several officers and men were given American gallantry awards.

41 Cdo also undertook some 8 commando raids behind enemy lines destroying North Korean military objectives and destroying railway lines. They were an all volunteer unit for hazardous duties.

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Home Country
Indonesia
i read the other day there were 200 police student in indonesia that got infected, they were all training at the local/ provincial police school

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
i read the other day there were 200 police student in indonesia that got infected, they were all training at the local/ provincial police school
Indonesia is a problem, not much in the way of health care, millions of poor people without sanitation. That’s going to explode next, I reckon.

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Home Country
Indonesia
Indonesia is a problem, not much in the way of health care, millions of poor people without sanitation. That’s going to explode next, I reckon.
yep, and i'm right in the middle of it, im currently living and working in the second largest city in Indonesia. our capital and it's surrounding areas has the most cases. but it'll soon spread. my city is already categorized as a red zone.

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Home Country
Indonesia
yep, and i'm right in the middle of it, im currently living and working in the second largest city in Indonesia. our capital and it's surrounding areas has the most cases. but it'll soon spread. my city is already categorized as a red zone.
dying without ever joining the military would probably suck balls

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Home Country
Indonesia
well actually our sanitation system is good, even in the poor areas. and we also have health care. its not like we're living in the 19th century. although our health favilities are.not on parr with you guys but still it is quite suffieciūent
tation and taion system is good. although we do have some shitty slums. but most have sanitation. we even have healthcare man

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oh well, quarantines are bad? Can’t go shopping? Everything is shut down?

Poor snowflakes 😅

Here is a song about some real problems, like waking up in hospital and your legs are missing. Not trying to be morbid, just putting things a bit into prospective from the mind and view of an old soldier. Enjoy!

I read numerous (possibly thousands) of Soldiers got through WW1 only to catch the Spanish Flu and die .

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Korea the 'Choisin Fiew'. Lt. Colonel Douglas Drysdale, took 41 Independent Commando to assist the USMC. They covered the withdrawal and were given a Presidential Unit Citation Navy. Several officers and men were given American gallantry awards.

41 Cdo also undertook some 8 commando raids behind enemy lines destroying North Korean military objectives and destroying railway lines. They were an all volunteer unit for hazardous duties.

I met a member of the Frozen Choisin amazing story

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia

Latest in Louisiana, a state of 4 million people
Latest in Croatia (HR) total population 4,2 milion people:
1011 cases
7 deceased
88 recovered / cured
In the last 24h, 96 cases - an increase from some 50-80 per day in last 10 days (roughly, it went up and down).

(I'm comparing because of fairly close number of population.)

Life, all things considered, goes on pretty normal. My biggest concern at the moment is will I have to cut my sweat cherry tree - she is also ill. :cry: Yesterday I cut the grass in my vineyard, watched hawks playing above forest, and declined all customary invitations for a drink by neighbours (some people just won't understand what isolation means).
The weather is proper spring, although there was frost in the morning.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Latest in Croatia (HR) total population 4,2 milion people:
1011 cases
7 deceased
88 recovered / cured
In the last 24h, 96 cases - an increase from some 50-80 per day in last 10 days (roughly, it went up and down).

(I'm comparing because of fairly close number of population.)

Life, all things considered, goes on pretty normal. My biggest concern at the moment is will I have to cut my sweat cherry tree - she is also ill. :cry: Yesterday I cut the grass in my vineyard, watched hawks playing above forest, and declined all customary invitations for a drink by neighbours (some people just won't understand what isolation means).
The weather is proper spring, although there was frost in the morning.
Thanks for the stats,
I have to admit, that it no longer even interests me.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Louisiana shot up from 4300 + cases to over 9000 cases today at noon

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
For weeks now, all authorities are saying the same thing - next two weeks will be critical......
Patience and discipline. There may be some good in it ; hope some things will die - things that never should have existed.
(things, not people. consumerism for example)
Stay safe fellow forumers!

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Personally I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Grown adults have begged for the the government to take away their freedom, the police is encouraging citizens to turn on each other and the media are posting false stories to inflame the situation.

Britain today is like the lost prequel to Orwell's '1984'.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Here in Thailand there is a curfew from 22:00 until 04:00. Only tonight ! Pattaya and Phuket are completely closed down all the bars in the country are closed.
Normally, and I say normally all the restaurants are closed. Naturally there are one or two 'exceptions'. This is not good at all for the country as there is no dole. You work, you get paid,
It makes you wonder what all the whores are going to live on. Most of them are sent down from Issan, which is a huge barren part of the country in the North. there families send the youngest girls to send money back to support their them.

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Personally I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Grown adults have begged for the the government to take away their freedom, the police is encouraging citizens to turn on each other and the media are posting false stories to inflame the situation.

Britain today is like the lost prequel to Orwell's '1984'.

I tend to agree with your sentiments Ex-Pongo, even though I apparently belong to that dreaded «Most at risk» cohort of 70-80 year oldies.

And, just to show that not everybody is taking this ‘distancing’ thing too seriously, here is a pic of one lot of Australian firemen’s take on it.BDB144F2-46CF-4C49-8C3B-B039CF662178.png

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
For weeks now, all authorities are saying the same thing - next two weeks will be critical......
Patience and discipline. There may be some good in it ; hope some things will die - things that never should have existed.
(things, not people. consumerism for example)
Stay safe fellow forumers!
That’s the spirit, Perun, always look on the bright side of life....(whistling the tune)