a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is everybody

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
And joining the Legion is going to make a différence ?
Im willing to give my all for this.
And if I fail ill be another homeless in France probably. I been wanting to do this for too long to not try.
No kids
No good education
Felony record
After me and this last chick broke up i got in a bad spot.
It comes to me that this is what i need to do.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
When you reach the pits, the only way out, is up
A chick. ..phew (as if your life depends on her)
Felon. ..okay, in the states, could be beef
No éducation. Neither has D.Trump and look who rules the world
How old are you?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
When you reach the pits, the only way out, is up
A chick. ..phew (as if your life depends on her)
Felon. ..okay, in the states, could be beef
No éducation. Neither has D.Trump and look who rules the world
How old are you?
I 100% agree.
I expect failure but at this point i have nothing to lose bro

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I 100% agree.

Don't "expect" failure. You know what the requirements are, physically and mentally. Ensure that you can exceed the minimum standards by some amount, have a good reason for going there, and expect success. Just have a back up plan in place

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I 100% agree.

Bloody well think positive. Otherwise forget it and remain depressed with life.
With the will to win you may be agreeably surprised with the outcome. Ne pas subir.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
All snipers need a spotter ;)
For many circumstances I agree but not all. For certain tasks I think one person has a better "shot" at doing the job than having two people in the same place...thermal imaging and all that among other things.

Last edited:

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
For many circumstances I agree but not all. For certain tasks I think one person has a better "shot" at doing the job than having two people in the same place...thermal imaging and all that among other things.
Thermal imaging on a rifle scope is quite amazing , difficult for the bad guys to hide from.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
With two people, it's a little more difficult (in certain circumstances) to stay invisible. I had a longer and different response but changed it to this. Think of yourself as a good sniper and you are being hunted down by some of the best with the best equipment..at least with the same stuff you have. Too much baggage is not good.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Roaming soul is a forum member that has gone under the other pseudo of Hawkeye47.
If that is the case, then he first announced that he was going to join practically 2 years ago to the day. I'm not saying in anyway that if you say you are going to join, then it is chiseled in granite; people can change their minds (and their pseudos for that matter ☕). So just to clear up the confusion are you still considering joining, if so have you got an idea of a date when you're going?
Now is about the right time to join. Not many people join in winter and France is having some bad weather at the moment. That and the build up of recruits...
But no-one is pushing you, it's your choice.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thermal imaging on a rifle scope is quite amazing , difficult for the bad guys to hide from.
I'm not sure how this got on the topic of sniping. but I can tell you from my days of MILAN using the MIRA thermal imaging, by staying put surrounded by rocks (which absorb the heart) or metal or covering your self with a space blanket as long as you are not moving, it is quite difficult to detect a target.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
At 28 with your resume short on things you have accomplished (and in California to boot) why consider such a challenge when you already are in a country that has so much where you have a great deal more potential to have a great life if you work for it. If you believe the FFL has the lifestyle you wish to lead then give it a try.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
..staying put surrounded by rocks (which absorb the heart) or metal or covering your self with a space blanket as long as you are not moving said:
You are right, these posts belong in another thread. But, since I'm here...rocks are nice and so is sand but those space blankets are noisy and l have never liked seeing them out in the field. Rocks are also a magnet for binoculars and will light up your background with sound and light at night if you aren't careful. Anyways, there are courses for this kind of stuff...sorry about the tangent taken.