QUESTION How many had one of these??

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys I came across this pic which got me remembering the good old days when my brothers as kids use to play japs & english(maybe only a Brit thing?) and they'd try and make little guns out of pieces of wood to play the part......just wondering how many of you lot did the same?? 🙄 x

Bags 😁

20190415_143300.jpg

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
In South Africa we have a game called kleilat, ball of clay on the end of a stick and let rip, follwed by a swim in the river or dam. Many a battle were had, the more tge better. We used to count bruises at the end of the day:ROFLMAO:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Ok guys I came across this pic which got me remembering the good old days when my brothers as kids use to play japs & english(maybe only a Brit thing?) and they'd try and make little guns out of pieces of wood to play the part......just wondering how many of you lot did the same?? 🙄 x

Bags 😁
Can't remember that we did that (In my time already there was plenty cheap Chinese (or Taiwanis in that time) plastic guns. So we really didn't have to use just regular tree branch.
I remember that (bit older) we made some of this (powered by corn grains :)) :

What did little Bags played with? :)

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Can't remember that we did that (In my time already there was plenty cheap Chinese (or Taiwanis in that time) plastic guns. So we really didn't have to use just regular tree branch.
I remember that (bit older) we made some of this (powered by corn grains :)) :

View attachment 4854

What did little Bags played with? :)
I made those Dusaboss but when we were older we always played with Pellet Guns, .177 Caliber. We'd start out with a two pump limit, that little rule fell away quickly, rational, I need maximum pumps for the "Range," BS we just liked to shoot the sh$t of our friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I made those Dusaboss but when we were older we always played with Pellet Guns, .177 Caliber. We'd start out with a two pump limit, that little rule fell away quickly, rational, I need maximum pumps for the "Range," BS we just liked to shoot the shit of our friends.
Hahah strangely enough, these days, my father running around for pigeons with something similar. They making hell for us around house. (For all of you animal lovers there, pigeons are not beautiful birds, they are just F-ing flying rats!)

Anyway, He have some old air-gun and even if he manage to hit an pigeon it's usually just pissing them off.
If I have time those days, I would make some modifications on that air-gun after which we wouldn't have so many happy pigeons flying around house. ;)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I made those Dusaboss but when we were older we always played with Pellet Guns, .177 Caliber. We'd start out with a two pump limit, that little rule fell away quickly, rational, I need maximum pumps for the "Range," BS we just liked to shoot the shit of our friends.
BTW when I was A kid there was war going on near (my country involved, officially not). So, there was an rule. You can't get bigger than 9 mm caliber gun if you were not older than 9 years. Once you turn 12 you get your first AK-47. Sad :(

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway

Bags 😁

View attachment 4853
Yes, Bags, those look exactly like my ‘arsenal’ when I was a kid, but our main battles were fought in the wild west, where we were cowboys and outlaws, running around shouting ‘hansup’ and ‘sharrap’ because that’s what they were always shouting at eachother in the movies. Great childhood with lots of fresh air and exercise! Thanks for the pic!

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Called it cowboys and Indians, used to run around with a black cowboy hat and a toy rifle. I sympathize more with the natives now.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I used to put bread on the grass sit upstairs at my bedroom window and shoot the crows. remember the jackel slugs were pointed. i actually got some good hits.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Any cereal field. ..during or just after the harvest. ..place a saucer with cereal seed
Take position and be camouflaged
Just a 22 or 177 air gun will do
Patridge, pheasants etc
If hot August summer...to catch a pheasant, run after it and wring it's neck (they have difficulty taking off when drought)...or throw a brick

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Any cereal field. ..during or just after the harvest. ..place a saucer with cereal seed
Take position and be camouflaged
Just a 22 or 177 air gun will do
Patridge, pheasants etc
If hot August summer...to catch a pheasant, run after it and wring it's neck (they have difficulty taking off when drought)...or throw a brick
You can bag a few parsons and peasants as well that way.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
With myxamotosed rabbits. ..chop the head and grill the rest
Always check the livers for tumours etc

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
With myxamotosed rabbits. ..chop the head and grill the rest
Always check the livers for tumours etc
A rabbit walks into a pub and asks the barman what kind of toasted sandwiches they have. 'Cheese or ham toasties' answers the barman.
'One of each' says the rabbit.
The next day when he goes into the pub the barman says that the rabbit doesn't look too well.
'A case of mixing me toasties' answers the rabbit.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hahah strangely enough, these days, my father running around for pigeons with something similar. They making hell for us around house. (For all of you animal lovers there, pigeons are not beautiful birds, they are just F-ing flying rats!)

Anyway, He have some old air-gun and even if he manage to hit an pigeon it's usually just pissing them off.
If I have time those days, I would make some modifications on that air-gun after which we wouldn't have so many happy pigeons flying around house. ;)
Pigeons there GD Squirrels here the little b@stards have eaten into to my Attic Several times. I send my boy out with the Air Riffle and within a few minutes he kills a couple two or three squirrels, Of course being a Louisiana Native, I clean them and just cook them with Oil and Onions. Love fresh Squirrels

Last edited by a moderator:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Evry auld firm match in Scotland, we play, Huns vs Fineans
I like it but I need Sexpert to Translate Scottish for me......Your are a riot. Man I would have loved to have trained around the Legion and Vice Versa in my day, been around the UK several times....Good times

Most viewed threads of the week