How many have joined and passed?

Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hey

Just curious as to how many people have posted an introduction on here and actually gone on to serve?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Ratings
205 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
Who knows? Some get accepted and come back to tell us , others may have been accepted but keep their heads down then some will be rejected and stay away as they've given up or maybe not.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
2,004 8 11
Home Country
New Zealand
Surfguy about sums it up. For those that have been rejected, it's a shame that they don't share their experiences with the others. There is no shame about being rejected or even :unsure: if you decide that the Legion isn't for you and ask to leave.

Rapace

Ratings
588 4 4
Home Country
France
Hey

Just curious as to how many people have posted an introduction on here and actually gone on to serve?
We don't keep such statistics on the board, so it'll be difficult to answer that question. The last one that we know about is a member known as Guido Lovarini, from Scotland (notwithstanding the Italian name).

Surfguy about sums it up. For those that have been rejected, it's a shame that they don't share their experiences with the others. There is no shame about being rejected or even :unsure: if you decide that the Legion isn't for you and ask to leave.
Well... We've actually had on the forum a number of testimonies from candidates who failed selection. Unfortunately, for those who passed all the tests and were not selected during the final Selection Committee meeting, they generally don't know the exact reason for their rejection, as the Legion doesn't provide details.

Ratings
811 13 22
Home Country
United Kingdom
Funny though that they reject people but might take them on another attempt. Even on a third attempt. Others get don't come back ever. :unsure:

Rapace

Ratings
588 4 4
Home Country
France
Funny though that they reject people but might take them on another attempt. Even on a third attempt. Others get don't come back ever. :unsure:
This can be explained by a number of factors.
• For those who received an inapte temporaire discharge, it's pretty obvious. If they fixed the problem that originally disqualified them (fitness, rectifiable health problem, etc.) they can be accepted on another try.
• Then of course the “supply and demand” factor.
• Finally, the “competition” factor. If a candidate passed all the tests and was rejected at the Commission de Sélection (Selection Committee) because they had to make a choice between, say, 50 candidates for only 30 slots available, he may have more luck in a new try. In this case however it means that he would be given a new chance inspite of receiving and inapte définitif discharge.

Ratings
811 13 22
Home Country
United Kingdom
This can be explained by a number of factors.
• For those who received an inapte temporaire discharge, it's pretty obvious. If they fixed the problem that originally disqualified them (fitness, rectifiable health problem, etc.) they can be accepted on another try.
• Then of course the “supply and demand” factor.
• Finally, the ”competition” factor. If a candidate passed all the tests and was rejected at the Commission de Sélection (Selection Committee) because they had to make a choice between, say, 50 candidates for only 30 slots available, he may have more luck in a new try. In this case however it means that he would be given a new chance inspite of receiving and inapte définitif discharge.
Yeah ok but if the candidates are higher quality one time & a candidate gets rejected but passes in another attempt then they lower the standards to suit the candidates present. Pot luck really when you go.

Ratings
811 13 22
Home Country
United Kingdom
This candidate at 14:25 shows how not to do it. He was getting on the officers nerves, cocky too sure of himself. Earlier too in another interview however at 14.25 he really blew it. Are you a leader or follower? @ 12:30 the American although talking about his baseball incident gave a good answer afterwards and it went down better with the officer in my opinion.

[/I]

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
2,004 8 11
Home Country
New Zealand
Sexpert, I think that the problem with the Francophones in general to begin with, are under the impression that they are being interviewed to go on their corporal's course. This can be because in the beginning and practically up until the end end of instruction, all the Non-francophones look to these French speakers to find out what is going on.
However in the 13 minutes (same guy?) it brought a smile to my face. I'd started a thread entitled legion expressions, or something more or less like that. I'd given a couple of legion expressions and added 'like a pink floyd'. Which is a true legion expression. However, there was a green who gave his legion time and said that he had never heard the the expression.
Erika even mentions to me nowadays that my hair is (long) like a pink floyd.

Ratings
811 13 22
Home Country
United Kingdom
Sexpert, I think that the problem with the Francophones in general to begin with, are under the impression that they are being interviewed to go on their corporal's course. This can be because in the beginning and practically up until the end end of instruction, all the Non-francophones look to these French speakers to find out what is going on.
However in the 13 minutes (same guy?) it brought a smile to my face. I'd started a thread entitled legion expressions, or something more or less like that. I'd given a couple of legion expressions and added 'like a pink floyd'. Which is a true legion expression. However, there was a green who gave his legion time and said that he had never heard the the expression.
Erika even mentions to me nowadays that my hair is (long) like a pink floyd.
Think yourself lucky you got hair...haha . i have but thinned out so I Shave it with an Electric Razor. Yeah the guy in the video was a bit to full of himself. Talks too much too.

Most viewed threads of the week