How to make the most out of your contract?

What I mean by “stupid things” is not going out and having drink (or more than one) with your friends during off hours. I mean causing major trouble, mayhem (in French called “Trouble à l'ordre public”) like fighting in bars (or even completely destroying them, for the ‘fun’, like I've seen it done, not by legionnaires) anything that could take you to the nearest police station in custody for a few hours. You'll be pinpointed as a trouble maker and if this happens too frequently this will definitely be an issue. And I'm not even talking about more serious things like stealing a car, having a car crash and killing people (even worse if you're intoxicated), etc. etc. (real examples). Just keep in mind that if you run into such major trouble, the Legion will not do anything for you. Those days are gone. You'll be tried and jailed in a civilian prison and kicked out of the Legion.
I see what you mean now. I do drink, and celebrate, but never to excess (and never been to clubs/raves) and managed to avoid street fights. Obviously I will intend to serve with Honneur et Fidélité and use common sense, and avoid trouble.
I am curious what common stupid things some bad legionnaires get into "shit" for.

I would get out and experience being mingin drunk and getting your head kicked in while pissed 😂😂you dono what your missing mate. They probably get into trouble for all sorts of shit, experiences will differ for different legionnaires.

USMCRET

Rapace has good advice. All of the local Police know that if a Marine Gets a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) they will report it to the base immediately and require the Officer of the day to go down to the lock up for the Marine, I have done this as Officer of the Day. You feck up worse and kill someone in a DWI incident, the Marine Corps will not go and get you, you will go to Prison for a very long time.

Le Petit Caporal posted a good answer HVAC mechanic, equipment/motor transport mechanic, heavy equipment operator you know graders and bull dozers

Finally Rapace hit it on the head and we do the same in the Marine Corps. If you are going to fix helicopters or fighter jets, you must sign a 6-year contract. Training people to work on jets and helicopters takes a lot of education and time, that is all money spent by the military.

Papillon

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Yes. I'm a pretty plain guy, not a big hedonist. Always time to go all out later.
I'll have to try and party harder then. Must be a first for everything.
Not being funny but after a contact or a hard tour sitting down with your mates debriefing over a few 100 beers is the best medicine

Papillon

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
What I mean by “stupid things” is not going out and having drink (or more than one) with your friends during off hours. I mean causing major trouble, mayhem (in French called “Trouble à l'ordre public”) like fighting in bars (or even completely destroying them, for the ‘fun’, like I've seen it done, not by legionnaires) anything that could take you to the nearest police station in custody for a few hours. You'll be pinpointed as a trouble maker and if this happens to frequently this will definitely be an issue. And I'm not even talking about more serious things that like stealing a car, having a car crash and killing people (even worse if you're intoxicated), etc. etc. (real examples). Just keep in mind that if you run into such major trouble, the Legion will not do anything for you. Those days are gone. You'll be tried and jailed in a civilian prison and kicked out of
Never trust a dude who dosen't gulp beer
I second that👍

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom