howdy howdy

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello from the states everyone. So, I'm in a bit of an awkward situation where my time in the Army National Guard and ROTC(please don't laugh) will be coming to an end here a bit shorter than intended. Now the situation isn't completely over yet, so there's still some chance I can continue to serve but it's unlikely. I won't get into the specifics, but I made a childish mistake that got taken very much out of context. Anyways, I've been interested in the Legion for well on a year now, and I always joked with my buddies that I'd run off and join if I ever got in trouble, and it seems a big opportunity possibly lies before me!

Now for a bit about myself. I'm in my early 20's and grew up, I guess I still am growing, in the rocky mountains hunting, fishing, skiing, and other general outdoor stuff. I was wrestler and have been doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu(teach beginners even) for 8 or 9 years now, and in recent months I've been getting into weight lifting. Let me be clear though, I'm no super athlete or anything but I think I'm fit. I'm an 11B Infantry in the National Guard, and if I could go back I'd have gone Active Duty instead of gone to college and ROTC where I get bored and into trouble. When I was younger I had a major hip surgery, from a football injury, and had a metal pin placed into my hip(it's still there), but I've never had any problems and was able to get through MEPS to join the Army without hiding the fact I had the surgery.

If I get a second chance with the National Guard I'd like to learn from the experiences of the fine people of this forum, and if I get the boot I'd like to maybe take my shot at the Legion. Now if I were to attempt to join the Legion I'd maybe like to finish my bachelors degree beforehand since I've only got maybe 1 1/2 years to go, but I also really hate school and know I'll get bored easily.

I can do 7 pull-ups fine
I can swim all day(in still water)
I can ruck fine, but I've never gone over 12 miles
I can run a 2mile at around 13minutes
Luc Leger sounds like an American Beep Test, and I can do that
Anything else I should watch out for physically?
My French is non-existent, except for "Rendezvous" that's a common word here

The Legion sounds like a good challenge and adventure for a boy who grew up in a relatively soft environment, and I think I really need something like this to actually feel alive(sounds corny, but that's how it feels).

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello from the states everyone. So, I'm in a bit of an awkward situation where my time in the Army National Guard and ROTC(please don't laugh) will be coming to an end here a bit shorter than intended. Now the situation isn't completely over yet, so there's still some chance I can continue to serve but it's unlikely. I won't get into the specifics, but I made a childish mistake that got taken very much out of context. Anyways, I've been interested in the Legion for well on a year now, and I always joked with my buddies that I'd run off and join if I ever got in trouble, and it seems a big opportunity possibly lies before me!

Now for a bit about myself. I'm in my early 20's and grew up, I guess I still am growing, in the rocky mountains hunting, fishing, skiing, and other general outdoor stuff. I was wrestler and have been doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu(teach beginners even) for 8 or 9 years now, and in recent months I've been getting into weight lifting. Let me be clear though, I'm no super athlete or anything but I think I'm fit. I'm an 11B Infantry in the National Guard, and if I could go back I'd have gone Active Duty instead of gone to college and ROTC where I get bored and into trouble. When I was younger I had a major hip surgery, from a football injury, and had a metal pin placed into my hip(it's still there), but I've never had any problems and was able to get through MEPS to join the Army without hiding the fact I had the surgery.

If I get a second chance with the National Guard I'd like to learn from the experiences of the fine people of this forum, and if I get the boot I'd like to maybe take my shot at the Legion. Now if I were to attempt to join the Legion I'd maybe like to finish my bachelors degree beforehand since I've only got maybe 1 1/2 years to go, but I also really hate school and know I'll get bored easily.

I can do 7 pull-ups fine

The Legion sounds like a good challenge and adventure for a boy who grew up in a relatively soft environment, and I think I really need something like this to actually feel alive(sounds corny, but that's how it feels).
Hey bro.. Are u a Hog hunter too? 😁

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States

I can do 7 pull-ups fine

How goes it and welcome to the forum look forward to hearing more

Most viewed threads of the week