a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How's your training?

How many sessions/week (average)?

• 3 or less

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 12 29.3%

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters

GrpCAndersson

Fitness Forum's Moderator
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
How many sessions/week do all of you spend on working out? Mainly meant for those preparing for any kind of military service, of course especially for the FFL.
My definiton in this case is a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate intensity per workout.

Paddyman

Reaction score
Home Country
GrpCAndersson said:
How many sessions/week do all of you spend on working out? Mainly meant for those preparing for any kind of military service, of course especially for the FFL.
My definiton in this case is a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate intensity per workout.
Hi ya Im going in the ffl in about a coupleof months after tha world cup of cause. i am back in trainning now. I have had about six months off trainning but mostly been fit all my live . Im an ex pro boxer and MMA fighter. My trainning is at mo, every other day Im running 6k with the other day building myself back up in the gym with about an hour an half of skipping, groundwork, bagwork, pad work, and finish of with a work down and meditation. Haw about you what you doing?

GrpCAndersson

Fitness Forum's Moderator
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Paddyman said:
Hi ya Im going in the ffl in about a coupleof months after tha world cup of cause. i am back in trainning now. I have had about six months off trainning but mostly been fit all my live . Im an ex pro boxer and MMA fighter. My trainning is at mo, every other day Im running 6k with the other day building myself back up in the gym with about an hour an half of skipping, groundwork, bagwork, pad work, and finish of with a work down and meditation. Haw about you what you doing?

I answered your question in another thread:
http://www.cervens.net/legionbbs/showthread.php?p=40451#post40451

/GrpC

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Paddyman said:
ha..just finished swimming with a 9yr old boy..we were diving for coins.for about 3hrs..just call me the fish..hahah

Mise

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Paddyman said:

MEDITATION!! So thats why we spent so much time bulling boots, it was meditation time and we didn't know it.

cobra_hj

Reaction score
Home Country
China
joette said:
ha..just finished swimming with a 9yr old boy..we were diving for coins.for about 3hrs..just call me the fish..hahah
Hi,fish!:D
I`m not good at swimming.
I always feel that`s more tied than running.Maybe your son is better than me in swimming!:D

Last edited:

Planchet

Reaction score
Home Country
Colombia
Now I am running 4 times per week in the mountins of my city (they are very close to my home). Nice trips of around 45 min. at diferent speeds (depending on the slope of the terrain) with birds singing around and pure fresh air filling your loungs. I hope the altitude (2600 mts) will help my self when tested at a lower site. Also making upper body exorcises in the form of 5 repetitions of 10 pull-ups, and a lot of push-ups and abdominals (very clumsy in my way up on the rope with only my hands).
I will advice every one to take your trainig with regularity but also with ease.
3 months ago I was trainig with the famous words "pain is weakness leaving your body" as my traininig motto. So much weakness was throw away, that at last my left knee was loosing weakness even in the soft walks. The doctor scared me with some pre-xray inuendos about bone damage and other horrible fates for my Legion dreams. Fortunately it ended with he saiyng "... can´t stop training? Then go swim boy. No more runs for one month at least. And tell me... for what kind of madness are you trainig for?", the answer "sorry doc, it´s a secret. If I tell you, then you will sure take me for a mad man".