Humbly want to join ffl, just a few questions please

joe_navy2005

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello
I've been thinking of joint for 2 years I just need a few things cleared up before I make my way to aubagne. Ahead of time please realize I have spent 2 years trying to research and get this info on my own so any direction to the ffl site does me no good as I have memorized it back to front on account of how many times I've combed it in search of these answers. I have tried calling the French embassy in America and even tried getting a translator to help me discuss with the legion. I obviously know my next step is going straight to aubagne myself but I figured I would take one last stab here before I hop the flight and leave.
1. I am former navy military police, I served 2 years with 8 months in bud/s training and was released from the navy after a senior officer overheard me stating I wanted to shoot myself because of the 2 week field ex. It was something said to a friend and taken out of context I begged And pleaded the military to let me stay but they withdrew me with an honorable discharge and my gi bill, how will the legion look upon this? Will I be turned away flat out because of it?
2 how a actively are they recruiting as of now, I ask this because I know Europe is hurting and just like the American military I'm assuming the legion has been overstaffed and isn't accepting as many recruits as before.
Thank you in advance for any legitimate answers!

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
The first question could be better answered by forum member Charles Stoeng.
As for the second question, for a good number of years now the Legion accept about one in ten candidates.

OP
J

joe_navy2005

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Thank you for the response, I'm very new to the forums how doin get ahold of Charles stoeng?

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
Thank you for the response, I'm very new to the forums how doin get ahold of Charles stoeng?
Just like Chuck Norris, you don't find Charles Stoeng, Charles Stoeng finds you! :p

sdelapresilla

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
Hello
I've been thinking of joint for 2 years I just need a few things cleared up before I make my way to aubagne. Ahead of time please realize I have spent 2 years trying to research and get this info on my own so any direction to the ffl site does me no good as I have memorized it back to front on account of how many times I've combed it in search of these answers. I have tried calling the French embassy in America and even tried getting a translator to help me discuss with the legion. I obviously know my next step is going straight to aubagne myself but I figured I would take one last stab here before I hop the flight and leave.
1. I am former navy military police, I served 2 years with 8 months in bud/s training and was released from the navy after a senior officer overheard me stating I wanted to shoot myself because of the 2 week field ex. It was something said to a friend and taken out of context I begged And pleaded the military to let me stay but they withdrew me with an honorable discharge and my gi bill, how will the legion look upon this? Will I be turned away flat out because of it?
2 how a actively are they recruiting as of now, I ask this because I know Europe is hurting and just like the American military I'm assuming the legion has been overstaffed and isn't accepting as many recruits as before.
Thank you in advance for any legitimate answers!
Welcome to the forum, friend! Glad to see an ex Navy MP, never had the pleasure to write to one of them... I can't answer question number one, but as Voltigeur said, the statistic about one in 10 has always been commonly said.

Cheers, mate!