a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with this one.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I am just not a fan of most legal systems and their logic. Instead of justice, they are more interested in making a profit off of you, and dealing punishment in a vengeful manner. When you do your bad decision, yeah you should pay for it. But after you've payed your dues, that should be the end of it. Now if you made a mistake as a kid, it follows you for life. That isn't justice, just screwing people over.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I am just not a fan of most legal systems and their logic. Instead of justice, they are more interested in making a profit off of you, and dealing punishment in a vengeful manner. When you do your bad decision, yeah you should pay for it. But after you've payed your dues, that should be the end of it. Now if you made a mistake as a kid, it follows you for life. That isn't justice, just screwing people over.
people do change that is true. however some crimes like rape, peados ..etc are not to be given a second chance. The US is hard on any crime TBH.
I knew a guy who was kicked out of basic because he smoked weed..now i do not think they would.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I get violent crimes, but I am sick that the supposed "Land of opportunity" and "land of the free" will make you a second class citizen for any infraction. At least 1/3 people here have a criminal record of some kind. They still kick you out for smoking weed. They'll kick you out for anything. When I was out processing, you'd be surprised how many troops were getting the boot for what appeared to be, trivial matters.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I get violent crimes, but I am sick that the supposed "Land of opportunity" and "land of the free" will make you a second class citizen for any infraction. At least 1/3 people here have a criminal record of some kind.
I had a probation officer as a kid.. was no angel but i did have principles. some things i never did. I get what you are saying bro.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I was the same, but because I live here it still follows me everywhere. Doesn't really matter how hard you work, your appearance, your ethics, of even the good you do to balance it out. You will always be judged on the one bad thing you did.