a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I seek guidance

Reaction score
Home Country
Lithuania
Good afternoon, my name is Aistis, I am 22 years old and I am from Lithuania.
I have already made my decision to join French Foreign Legion, but I have a problem. 3 days ago I have been diagnosed with Covid-19. Even though my flight to France is on monday I don’t think I will be already healthy until then. I seek for advice on what should I do next ? Should I go to France as soon as I get healthy and try to pass the selection. Or should I wait another month or two trying to fully recover and get stronger again ? (I feel much weaker right now) Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been already waiting 4 months till I could finally join, because I got my nose surgery done this september. I feel like I can’t wait no more and I really want to join.
Thank you for reading my story, best regards.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello Aistis.Jan and welcome to the forum. It is worth pointing out that the legion has been around for a long time and will still be around in a month's time. I would recommend that you waited until you were fully recovered in order to give it 100%. Otherwise it's a long way to go just to be sent home.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon, my name is Aistis, I am 22 years old and I am from Lithuania.
I have already made my decision to join French Foreign Legion, but I have a problem. 3 days ago I have been diagnosed with Covid-19. Even though my flight to France is on monday I don’t think I will be already healthy until then. I seek for advice on what should I do next ? Should I go to France as soon as I get healthy and try to pass the selection. Or should I wait another month or two trying to fully recover and get stronger again ? (I feel much weaker right now) Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been already waiting 4 months till I could finally join, because I got my nose surgery done this september. I feel like I can’t wait no more and I really want to join.
Thank you for reading my story, best regards.
You need to be at peak fitness to stand a chance of being accepted , wait until you are.