a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to Join the foreign Legion.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening all!!

I wish to join the foreign Legion however, this month I got sent to aubagne from Paris (fort de nogent) to start basic training and I had a bit of a panic to the new military life and came back to civil.
I really wish I never did that as it was the worst decision ever and want to re engage in my future military career!

they sent me away with a paper and told me to leave.
I wish to appeal it and wish to join.
Does anyone know how I go about this ?

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Good Evening all!!

I wish to join the foreign Legion however, this month I got sent to aubagne from Paris (fort de nogent) to start basic training and I had a bit of a panic to the new military life and came back to civil.
I really wish I never did that as it was the worst decision ever and want to re engage in my future military career!

Mate... That's "no bueno". Try to put yourself in the position of the selection committee, would you re-accept somebody that bailed out? I might be wrong on this but I think your chances are very slim. You can't spit the cake and ask for more after. Wait for what the ex-legionnaires in this forum have to say about this though, my opinion is ultimately irrelevant.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening all!!

You say for Basic Training does that mean you went through all the hoops and hurdles to get in a position to be selected for training? Or did you just see the hair cuts and F- k off?
Detail is what can be responded to and what was wrote on your document?
But unless it’s some golden ticket I would just move on with your life as who says you might not once again have second thoughts it costs massive amounts of time and money to train people!
P

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You say for Basic Training does that mean you went through all the hoops and hurdles to get in a position to be selected for training? Or did you just see the hair cuts and F- k off?
Detail is what can be responded to and what was wrote on your document?
But unless it’s some golden ticket I would just move on with your life as who says you might not once again have second thoughts it costs massive amounts of time and money to train people!
P
I manage to get to Aubagne and I seen people with their hair cut off which was stage Rouge. I had to wear a orange T shirt and shorts however I did not make it past Interview because of my decision.
They gave the the paper basically saying the end and to go.

I want to know that if I have a chance of going back and having my head screwed on tbis time and becoming a legionnaire what are the chances?

if so who do I write to?

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I manage to get to Aubagne and I seen people with their hair cut off which was stage Rouge. I had to wear a orange T shirt and shorts however I did not make it past Interview because of my decision.

I want to know that if I have a chance of going back and having my head screwed on tbis time and becoming a legionnaire what are the chances?

if so who do I write to?
Your chances are next to nothing to be accepted.

Last edited:

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada

if so who do I write to?
Here a post from Joseph (from the search function)
  1. [IMG alt="Joseph Cosgrove"]https://cervens.net/forum/data/avatars/s/10/10114.jpg?1629716390[/IMG]

Until you can join the forum - Questions !

Monsieur le général commandant la Légion étrangère COMMANDEMENT DE LA LEGION ETRANGERE Quartier Viénot - B.P. 21 355 13 784 AUBAGNE CEDEX No need to write the letter in French. You should send the letter as a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt. In the letter you should state how...