a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I will spend 1-2 days in Paris before joining!

Mercenary

Reaction score
Home Country
Germany
Hello Members,

I will join 2014 [summer] in Paris or 2017 with education. I wanna spend 1-2 days at a hotel in Paris to see the Eiffel tower and such stuff... Maybe I will have a bit too much money. What should I do with this money? I don't drink or smoke and need your opinion! hahaha ;)

Löken

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Getting an education would be smartest. You can do military in Germany before, to see how its suits you. Start drinking and your money will soon be gone.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Save it, you are going to need it if you get rejected. Saying you have too much money will increase your chances of being rejected.

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
IMHO, finish the education. Specially if you're young enough. The FFL won't go anywhere. In the meantime you can learn french, work on your fitness, live your life. Just my 2 cents (mit MwSt.)

P.S.: I wouldn't say the German army is full of sissies, they have the KSK (army) and the famous GSG-9 (police).

Last edited:

Mercenary

Reaction score
Home Country
Germany
Thank you guys for the usefull answers!

P.S.: The military in Germany (Bundeswehr) is a joke. They put so much Money in weapons/soldiers and dont use them...

Last edited:

todorov

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Which part of Germany do you come from? I'm thinking of joining in the end of 2014 or in the spring of 2015, as soon as I'm done with my Ausbildung here. I'll probably join in Strasbourg, since it's not that far from where I am (Stuttgart).

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Thank you guys for the usefull answers!

P.S.: The military in Germany (Bundeswehr) is a joke. They put so much Money in weapons/soldiers and dont use them...

By the way don't forget to get laid as well.

Mercenary

Reaction score
Home Country
Germany
Which part of Germany do you come from? (...)
I come from Dortmund, it' a bit far from Stuttgart... Ithink without education it will be brainless to join??

PS.: I was 2 times in Stuttgart, beautiful women everywhere!! o_O

Stormbringer

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Through the gates of Hell, as we make our way to H
Home Country
Bulgaria
So, let me get it clear: you don' drink, don' smoke and probably don' use drugs. On the other hand you'e got a lot of money and this is a problem. What about spending them on putes chinoises? That would be my choice. But I realize we are two different persons. :cool:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I know this is off topic but I've always wondered how that works in the Legion, given that so many informal and formal ceremonies involve at the least a helmet full of booze.
A good piss up is good for morale. Be careful not to fall into a bad habit. You do not have to drink alcohol. Orangina and other sugery crap will be available, but nothing beats a good old Kro.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
So, let me get it clear: you don`t drink, don`t smoke and probably don`t use drugs. On the other hand you`ve got a lot of money and this is a problem. What about spending them on putes chinoise? That would be my choice. But I realize we are two different persons. :cool:
Interesting choices there. lol

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Anything with moderation is good. No need to get stinking drunk to feel like a legionnaire.

DarthShizNit

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I meant mostly: how it would work if said legionnaire didn't drink at all? All the memoirs I've read make it sound like drinking (not getting wasted) is almost mandatory. For instance I'm reading through that Banks to Battlefields blog and in it he describes having to share a drink with every Cpl in his section when he first showed up to regiment, drinking a helmet full when becoming 1 class, and then drinking an entire bottle with the captain, lieutenants, sergeants and other Cpls upon being made a Corporal himself.
But I'm pretty sure Joe answered the question well enough, and those are some wise words voltigeur.

todorov

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
ah was..thanks to the autobahn everything goes fast here :).about the education,well its always good to have one,but i dont think its crucial in order to succeed in life.its just a personal choice.

i admit there are a lot of good looking ones here and even when they have their winter coats on hahahha

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
you will end up skint in a seedy hotel room waking up with a sore arse and a huge tranny called fifi laying beside you awooooooooooooooooooooooooooo