a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude

sig2340

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
To Messrs. Cosgrove, Lyederik, and Voltigeur (in particular) for making me welcome to this forum.

Although I don’t post often, I do read much of the traffic.

This forum, and Mr. Lyederik in particular, have given me access to a tremendous resource on the Legion’s history, and the Indochina and Algerian Wars in particular.

A recurrence of a cardiac problem that first reared it’s ugly head in late 2018 when I was struck down (damned rear killed, in fact) by a bacterial infection has me wanting to express my thanks to those who made me welcome here and in one other online forum.

Although I doubt I had the strength of character to become a legionnaire, you nonetheless welcomed me and my curiosity about the Legion’s history.

While I don’t believe this condition will kill me, it is better to say Thank You now than to try to do so from the other side.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
To Messrs. Cosgrove, Lyederik, and Voltigeur (in particular) for making me welcome to this forum.

Although I don’t post often, I do read much of the traffic.

This forum, and Mr. Lyederik in particular, have given me access to a tremendous resource on the Legion’s history, and the Indochina and Algerian Wars in particular.

A recurrence of a cardiac problem that first reared it’s ugly head in late 2018 when I was struck down (damned rear killed, in fact) by a bacterial infection has me wanting to express my thanks to those who made me welcome here and in one other online forum.

Although I doubt I had the strength of character to become a legionnaire, you nonetheless welcomed me and my curiosity about the Legion’s history.

While I don’t believe this condition will kill me, it is better to say Thank You now than to try to do so from the other side.
Don’t give up!.. the forum has been a much better place by having lads like you on board. Be well.