a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you fail joining the Legion?

Reaction score
Home Country
Philippine
What else would you recommend people to do if they fail to get in due to medical reasons? If their environment si so toxic and they need to leave forever?

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What else would you recommend people to do if they fail to get in due to medical reasons? If their environment si so toxic and they need to leave forever?
Simple. Find another profession! Most armies nowadays can afford to be picky. Not just the legion. If you have serious medical issues forget it. Donā€™t expect the legion or any military to pick up the tab. Why would they when they can get the pick of the crop?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
come to Germany...everyone is welcome ! even without papers you will be given social money, German courses, rent paid & probably teach you a new job. I am being serious here. (not saying you are) but rapists & murderers are welcome too. The Legion will not take scum like this but Angela Merkel will welcome them. just tell them you are Ali or Mohammed from Syria. you are a victim.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland

How can you expect anyone here to give you a proper answer? we don't know you. You need to find that thing that drives you inside and figure out how to make money from it. That's what your career is.
It isn't easy. I'm in my mid-thirties and i'm still uncovering it.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Why do you want to join the Legion ? to be a soldier or to escape your current life? or both?
If escaping your current life is the main reason I doubt the Legion will suit you , if being a soldier is your primary goal then obviously the Legion could be a good option , if that doesnt work out Israel will consider Judaism converts , ....

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Why do you want to join the Legion ? to be a soldier or to escape your current life? or both?
If escaping your current life is the main reason I doubt the Legion will suit you , if being a soldier is your primary goal then obviously the Legion could be a good option , if that doesnt work out Israel will consider Judaism converts , ....

Actually, I was considering joining the Israeli army after leaving the legion in 1962 and not knowing much other than soldiering and being a sailor. One of the atractions being that apparently you could team up with a female Israeli soldier as well, if I remember rightly. I also considered the Spanish legion, but in the end I just went back to sea again. Oh, well, could have been interesting.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
One of the atractions being that apparently you could team up with a female Israeli soldier as well,
Yeah.. But would need to get your foreskin chopped bro... Nope not me šŸ˜‚

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Oh Well, what has my foreskin ever done for me?

Good night all.

D76EFFA5-0213-4711-B39A-F458F4D96F0E.jpeg

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Actually, I was considering joining the Israeli army after leaving the legion in 1962 and not knowing much other than soldiering and being a sailor. One of the atractions being that apparently you could team up with a female Israeli soldier as well, if I remember rightly. I also considered the Spanish legion, but in the end I just went back to sea again. Oh, well, could have been interesting.
Part about girls would not ended well for you Johnny. We had guy from Israeli army here ... we asked him about girls in army (what else :)) and he told us that there is almost zero chance to score with any of them (I guess apart of converting to Judaism and marrying one) because they are all very traditional and conservative. Also when we see those pictures of army girls I think there is some good old Israeli propaganda involved. Pretty sure that not all Israeli girls are pretty or that only good looking ones get to go to army.

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Oh well, just one of my future career options, which also involved Congo Mercenary and Rhodesian Rifles, by the way. Both being considered.

Reaction score
Home Country
Armenia
Part about girls would not ended well for you Johnny. We had guy from Israeli army here ... we asked him about girls in army (what else :)) and he told us that there is almost zero chance to score with any of them (I guess apart of converting to Judaism and marrying one) because they are all very traditional and conservative. Also when we see those pictures of army girls I think there is some good old Israeli propaganda involved. Pretty sure that not all Israeli girls are pretty or that only good looking ones get to go to army.
Who ever told you that his a nerd you can get a score for sure and you will easly in the worst case you date here for two months but eventually you will past second base

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I completed 11 years with the RM including R. Then I went to Australia House and was offered a commission in the Australian Army.. At the same time I seriously considered the FFL and the Colonial Police. I chose the latter and met my wife.

Chas RM, Colonial Police & Queen's 6/7 (V)

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Girls away from home and family behave very differently . Israeli girls are no different , just because one guy was too ugly to pull a girl doesn't mean no one else can.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Girls away from home and family behave very differently . Israeli girls are no different , just because one guy was too ugly to pull a girl doesn't mean no one else can.
We don't know if he was ugly or not. He was just pointing that Israel girls are more traditional then western girls. Is that mean there is no sluts in Israel? Of course not. But numbers are probably lower.

Anyway, we talking like girl giving everything on first date (or pretty soon) is something great. Do you really like girls like that? I mean would not do a harm once in awhile, but what happens when 4 out of 5 girls you meet or like that? Even if they look great (really small possibility) what happens if you want serious relationship with one of them? What about maybe kids?

Don't know which Israeli forum member was saying that but maybe his point was that Western girls are too slutty. (my country ain't any better)... not that Israel are too conservative

Anyway original subjects was about pictures of hot girls in Israel army you can easily found all over internet. Army is mandatory for females in Israel, but somehow i'm getting impression is mandatory only for hot ones.:)
In reality ... NO! It's just propaganda.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Amen, brother. Young women on holiday/vacation, foreign exchange programs, and even serving in their nations' militaries have a tendency to go positively feral. Even if- maybe especially if -- they come from conservative backgrounds.

Though it must be said of our "sisters-in-arms" that they tend to be more selective than their civilian counterparts. Simple, really-- supply and demand. The fact that they tend to be outnumbered by males 8:1 sort of inflates their sexual market value, particularly when deployed (AKA the "Desert Queen" Effect.)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks Dusa and Crawdad, for your insight to pulling girls in the (Israeli) army.
But getting back on track -as I've got Erika, so I'm alright Jack- when the confinement is over and they start to re-open the gates, remember that the Covid virus may just be the tipping point for some who were indecisive about joining. So there may well be a lot more joining, basically because they've lost their jobs because their company has gone bust or whatever.
Therefore the legion will undoubtedly raise the bar. They may well say that the entrance test at the door will 10 instead of 7. the initial basic IQ test might well be revised.
In case anyone does not know what I'm talking about. When you first turn up at a PILE or PRLE (poste d'information or Poste de recrutement: FdeN or Aubgane) we have been told, and seen, that the recruits are told to put down their bags and to do pull ups. The next phase is to take the IQ test. Both are elementary.
I would advice anyone who is going to join to be well prepared to pass these two tests which will decide if you are going to at least get a foot in the door.
That means, having had a good breakfast and doing some previous loosening up exercises before hand.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
And Dusa, while we wait for approval for another one of our epic battles, enjoy this Southern tune. It's called "Waiting on the Federals" ( Federals being in this case, Yankees). Seemed appropriate.

Last edited: