a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm back.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Well Theuglyfriend the best of luck to you. I'd say trying 4 times will be in your favor, I mean I'm impressed. Going just before Christmas will also be in your favor as it shows that you don't care about spending Christmas with friends and family. Although if asked do not say it is because you have no interest in Christmas, think of a better reply.

No point in pointing out what will not be in your favor. As for Russkovs and Pols you can expect to see even more. Don't let them get to you. Remember that a lot of them will not be getting any further than Blue shoulder patch.

On also don't get intimidated if you see big bad Yugo. This time that would be me :)

Theuglyfriend

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Haha. Yeah, being an 18yr old punk from Boston in 1996 and meeting dudes who just ethnically cleansed the shit out of each others family's was overwhelming. The Irish Sergeant told me to come back in 24 hours if I wanted he took a shining to me. I'm 5'9 235lbs now.... Still scared of Yugo's though =)

Theuglyfriend

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I read there is a bus from the airport that ends up in Aubagne #40 bus. True? I can't get enough cheeseburgers, guns or Trump hahaha.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I read there is a bus from the airport that ends up in Aubagne #40 bus. True? I can't get enough cheeseburgers, guns or Trump hahaha.

I don't know about the bus from the airport to Aubagne, you should check the internet for that. I do know that there is a shuttle that goes from the airport to Marseille train station every 20 mins. You'll find it outside of the arrivals terminal on the right. It is called La 'Navette' and the train station is called St Charles. Around 9 euros.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Haha. Yeah, being an 18yr old punk from Boston in 1996 and meeting dudes who just ethnically cleansed the shit out of each others family's was overwhelming. The Irish Sergeant told me to come back in 24 hours if I wanted he took a shining to me. I'm 5'9 235lbs now.... Still scared of Yugo's though =)

Yep we are bad-asses through the ages. from Roman time through middle ages, until today Balkan was a always good place if one want to buy a mercenary. :)

We are so good in war so we can't hold are self. And then happens from time to time that we "ethnically cleansed the shit out of each others" :)

18 y is underage for FFL (by my standards). I don't blame you for that reaction. But your other two attempts ... I think you was not serious about your decision to join FFL.

Or you serious now?.

I really think that 3 is a limit of attempts you can do in one life time. Maybe they didn't put you through the papers that first time?

And man (joking or not) there is no need to be scared from Yugo's. We are actually pretty cool guys (most of us ;)) once when you meet us.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Haha. Like this.

There is fair enough quantity of cheeseburgers. Not nearly that much guns as in US. But I'm sure you can find good amounts of Trump (or Trump-like creatures) wherever you go. We live in Tumpastic world. :D

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I think I remember you from way back in 2009, I am pretty sure we talked a bit. I remember you being a very friendly and cool guy.

Four times shows some determination but let's be honest, you never seem to have gone fully prepared and with a winning attitude or plan haha. It seems a lot of 'half assing' it. I'm not saying that to be mean...just honest. Let's hope this time is different.

That said, I really wish you luck this time....though one issue is you are well over the BMI they list on the main legion page. It may not be held against you if you really ******* bring it on the fitness tests. But, and this is just my opinion, you should never go all that way to selection not having prepared 100% in every possible way. You need everything on your side and you need to be positive of a path to victory. The information on the required BMI is posted all over and so that is a mark against you and at your age you want everything on your side. So it almost seems as if you are not really serious this time as well. Maybe you are a beast on the Luc Leger and pullups, distance running, push ups, sit ups, rucking. etc.

I hope I am wrong and that you are able to do well and get it. Good luck.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Don't mind Dusasboss. Not only is he retarded, he is retarded with adult supervision. He will be here for eternity I think, So he is no Scary Yugo, Retarded, Yes. Scary, not at all.

Depending when you fly in, I could probably pick you up from the airport. Unless you are like Cheeseburger man and are coming with 40 Euros and a wife who has your balls in a death grip.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hey Thomas, not every American need you to take his hand and lead him to the gate.

Your openness and friendliness towards everyone is kinda weird. When someone behaving like that there is usually something behind.

For a moment I thought that you are good guy and then you really won't to pay for my ticket.

Crotalus Atrox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey! I would really appreciate it if you didn't dishonor the US with YET ANOTHER attempt at 'tourism'. They are not there for fun and games. You are only lying to yourself bud. Take your game elsewhere. What is it with these people? Do you need a story to tell your friends or family or something?

And, for everyone else: I think you can catch a WOW airlines flight out of Boston to CDG, Paris for $99; if you time it right. There will be no issues with airport security if you've remembered your passport. Remember to smile and be curtious to everyone, the French are keen on this. Don't forget your bags. Then the metro (the whole world uses this word to mean subway. Except the British...) will take you into downtown Paris on the blue line. Then there is a switch over to another line (yellow or orange I think) that takes a guy to the TGV train station and FdN. There will be maps posted all over the walls and the train its self. It costs... I forgot... 2-5€ (guessing). You want to head towards the train station on the SE side of town, down by the river. You can join down the street from there (FdN); or you can hop on the TGV 'bullet' train and head South towards Lyon. For another $99 it will take you to Aubagne.

You should already know all of this after 3 trys. And, in '96 you were only 17, if I've got the math right (and I think I do). Fricking tourist, what are you playing at? I am not amused. Sixer, I would not help this guy. Let this one go.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
38 years old, BMI 34.7 (=> obese), 4th try. Are you kidding or what ????

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Dusaboss, I'll help anyone with a nut sack who will actually come and join, unlike your key board mashing ass.

Volt, he is not obese at all. Talked to him and seen plenty of pics. Be aware, BMI never regulates solid muscle, Ever. As for him getting in, it's anyone's guess, just like it is a roll of the dice for everyone.

PS: my name is not Thomas.

PSS: I won't pay for your ticket now because your a heap of shit sitting at home on the computer and couldn't get the balls to tell mommy and daddy some one is paying there kids way to France, that is why. You could have been here already this week. Your fat ass stayed home.

Crotalus,
You should already know all of this after 3 trys. And, in '96 you were only 17, if I've got the math right (and I think I do). Fricking tourist, what are you playing at? I am not amused. Sixer, I would not help this guy. Let this one go.

I have spoken with him privately, He seems very well prepared, unlike the other times. I have PMed you, too..

Highlander

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
If a green is harsh and rude, people complain. If a green is trying to be helpful and friendly, people complain. What do you guys want?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Highlander, even they don't know. Their life is limited to a forum, it is all they can seem to fathom. I don't care who I piss off. Zero f*cks.
When I offer help, they leave to their country, or find some excuse why they can't come and join. Just a bunch of pussies, spineless, as Chas said, and well said, too!. Each time I read an excuse, I won't even call them by their handle name, always going to being with Pussy. Like Pussy D boss, pussy rickster and pussy the rest of the lot of pussies here.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Highlander, even they don't know. Their life is limited to a forum, it is all they can seem to fathom. I don't care who I piss off. Zero f*cks.
When I offer help, they leave to their country, or find some excuse why they can't come and join. Just a bunch of pussies, spineless, as Chas said, and well said, too!. Each time I read an excuse, I won't even call them by their handle name, always going to being with Pussy. Like Pussy D boss, pussy rickster and pussy the rest of the lot of pussies here.
OK, OK stop, I'm going on 11 December in Paris. Are you happy?

p.s. one pussy less

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
If a green is harsh and rude, people complain. If a green is trying to be helpful and friendly, people complain. What do you guys want?

Who me? I want Brazilian girlfriend :) . There's one girl named Andressa. Brazil is a small place. Maybe you know her and you can somehow connect me with her.

Here is video of her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LCjZehpdWM :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
DCLXVI, are you actually still in the Legion?