Imbéciles

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Watch your language and what you are saying
So I get to the gates in Paris today at Fort de Nogent, they get me up stairs for pull-ups and practice test and interview. They tell me 7 pull-ups and for me to bring my chest over the bar not just my chin, so I still did 10. Then the practice test he said you have 9 minutes for 9 questions. I get 5 out of the 9 right and he says this is no good come back in 3 months. The other guys who already took the test were illiterate and no way in hell scored 6 out of 9 or better on the test. The Legion command is very unprofessional and I wouldn’t waste my money considering. I have a college education and they said my “practice” test wasn’t good enough. In other words if you are a waste of life and breath you should be good because the two guys who told me no were disgusting creatures who I wouldn’t want to serve with. One was old with a fat body and the other was 90 pound middle eastern guy who spoke broken English.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Back to the US then?

Out of interest what were the questions?

Did they record all your details ? if not you could try another recruiting point .

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Back to the US then?

Out of interest what were the questions?

Did they record all your details ? if not you could try another recruiting point .
They were like pattern test and they made my sign a piece of paper saying to come back in 3 months but they never gave me a piece of paper saying come back in three months

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes we just need to look in the mirror to get the answers I often read how hard done by and disrespectful you are ( in general) towards members of the Legion you come across on your quest to join the most diverse army in the world! Let me remind you buddy A. if your going to join an army abroad learn some language in this case French. B. The Legion is a family so yes you may meet people and through your lack of ability to sell yourself to the Legion you decide to be judgemental shame on you dish one green you dish us all do me a favour do the right thing and do one I’m not even convinced your story’s true. Over & Out

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
What I said is what happened, this information is for future recruits not for serving legionnaires to comment on. I had two guys tell me no who were pathetic individuals and no not everyone in the Legion is pathetic . But these morons were. If I fight I want to be with elite as my myself, not third world trash looking for refugee center. If you can join your own army then do it, the Legion is a waste of space.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Maybe your start there was your start here. Only they are not a forum and they don't waste time with everyone who comes along.
You gave it a go, they decided it's not for you.
What you wrote above and in your intro thread, I doubt that you could serve with people from different cultures (150 of them more or less). It takes tolerance not arogance.
Hope my post wasn't too "broken", It's not my first language but in the third world it's common to speak at least two of them. Internet, EU and all that.
Learn what you can and move on. Elite? common .....

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Dylan, I've just read through your other posts. I'd say it was probably your attitude that got you kicked out. Were you expecting the recruiters to be in awe of the fact that you are american? Did you turn up wearing the Boonie hat?

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Dylan, I've just read through your other posts. I'd say it was probably your attitude that got you kicked out. Were you expecting the recruiters to be in awe of the fact that you are american? Did you turn up wearing the Boonie hat?
Thing is, he got an inapte temporaire, because he balls-upped the practice IQ test. This after getting DQ'd from the USMIL for failing a piss test. At this point, he could take a blood type test and the couillon would probably still get a fuggin' 'F'.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I don’t care about your feelings, I’m telling facts . Facts don’t care about your feelings.
My attitude was respectful even after being told to come back in three months. I’m a man and say things how they are I’m not a nice person. If you asked real infantry men who they would rather have in their fox hole and put me up beside the guys who were still there they would pick me. My body is warrior type, my mind is not sensitive and is warrior type. I didn’t think anything because I’m American that’s y’alls problem is y’all think Americans think that way.

Thing is, he got an inapte temporaire, because he balls-upped the practice IQ test. This after getting DQ'd from the USMIL for failing a piss test. At this point, he could take a blood type test and the couillon would probably still get a fuggin' 'F'.
Yet I’m still rich and In better physical shape than you

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
If you asked real infantry men who they would rather have in their fox hole and put me up beside the guys who were still there they would pick me. My body is warrior type, my mind is not sensitive and is warrior type.
And yet your own military did not want you, including those in their fox holes, and neither did the Legion (for the moment). Why don't you take three months off and work on being humble and take it from there?

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Yet I’m still rich and In better physical shape than you
Also people in the Marines and the Legion do drugs all the time. I just happened to get caught. What little girl doesn’t drink or hasn’t taken drugs? Oh a good Christian boy ? That’s what we need in war times

And yet your own military did not want you, including those in their fox holes, and neither did the Legion (for the moment). Why don't you take three months off and work on being humble and take it from there?
My military wanted me, they just have rules to follow. If a 5 star general fails drug test he will also be sent home. Not because he wasn’t “good enough”. There was a really nice corporal who tried talking to the “boss” in charge about giving me second chance but he said the boss said no and if it was his choice he would let me stay.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Not sure about the Legion, wasn't there. People do smoke in the US Mil from time to time; the stupid ones get caught. If you're blazing every day, then a random UA will get you. People who smoke on a leave shorter than 30 days get popped, because they always have 100% UA's after leave. Smoking right before going to MEPS is monumentally stupid; they always UA you there.

The time to do it was the night before an Iraq or Afghanistan deployment. Because you'd be stuck in Kuwait/Kyrgyzstan for at least two weeks, then BIAP or Bagram for another week, then Balad or Fenty for week, and by the time you get to your actual FOB or COP a month has either passed and/or higher's too busy with RIF/RIP to worry about UA's.

You were a Cherry, so I'll walk it back and not blame you. I blame your recruiter.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Dylan, what you have to ask yourself is why, when you consider yourself to be the # 1 foxhole partner, did you get rejected. You tell us that you did did very well on the pull ups and that:
The other guys who already took the test were illiterate and no way in hell scored 6 out of 9 or better on the test.
One was old with a fat body and the other was 90 pound middle eastern Guy who spoke broken English.
The Legion command is very unprofessional
So why do you think the Legion turned you away?

Guys, I'm NOT suggesting the Dylan1993 went there with a cocky/wrong attitude. The fact that you can do x amount of pull ups and that you are rich and that you have a college education (and are American o_O) does not guarantee you a place. What the Legion is looking for are people that can molded into a jigsaw piece that can fit into the big Legion picture. As Perun pointed there are more than 150 nationalities. What I would recommend is that before you first turn up at the door, look at yourself in the mirror. Are you dressed for hitting the town on a Saturday night? Not good.
Have you shaved?
Is your hair reasonable length?
Have you made the effort to learn some French beforehand?

Sohito

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Poland
I wasn't planning to get involved, but I see too big attitude problem here. I know that I'm not in position to teach anyone and I really don't want, nor really intend do.

In between that rant about Legion, You are saying that they rejected You, because You failed entry test. That's not lack of professionalism, nor lack of fluent English in French Army is. They are in position to question candidate's lack of French instead. It's common knowledge that's what they speak in there.

And those tests as far as I know are culture-free and education-free, so they are of universal use, no matter where someone came from and how many schools someone finished. Tough luck You failed, I don't even want to imagine the blow of situation like that.

You could learn from failure, but it seems way much easier to look around or blame everyone except Yourself. Or rather keep saying that You didn't fail at all. Yes, that also connects to Your other posts in this thread.

Best regards.

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
I had people like him that arent a pleasure to be around when you havent slept or ate good in a while, good for the rest that would be in his section because know it alls like him will get ramassed to death 😂

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
What an arrogant tw@t, sorry mate but you need a serious attitude adjustment. An air of superiority over the fellow guys joining with you and concluding your arguments with retarded statments about how rich and in good shape you are. You've got no respect for anyone around you. A narcissistic arrogant tw@t.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
It appears the OP expected to be welcomed with opened arms , he had a preconceived idea of what the Legion wanted and got it completely wrong , he considers himself elite but he is a drug user , (there's a lesson in drug effects and delusion there) , reality is strong characters dont need drugs , weak willed and insecure do.
How much French had he learnt ? none as a guess, having money means nothing either and referring to ones self as elite yet never having served shows more delusion.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Rich, elite.....hm...
How many deserters per year, does anyone remembers?:unsure:

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Never mind being in a foxhole.. It's about the tank i Tell you.. Eat, sleep, shoot together! 😄

Most viewed threads of the week