Inapte définitif - Why?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Estonia
Diogo mate, you mentioned that your weight is/was 90+ kg. What's your height? I'm just curious whether they allow to do the Luc-Léger if you are above BMI limits. Would be grateful if you could let me know, thanks.(y)
It's just that I am still 2.5 kg above weight limit, though yesterday tried Luc-Léger test and managed to finish at 12. It shouldn't be hard to get rid of those last few kilos, but sometimes water-related weight fluctuations can give unexpected surprises. So asking just in case.

Last edited:

analog

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
(...) The test is probably to find out who plays well in team work.
Agreed, I've had this sort of thing inflicted on me when applying for civilian jobs. Because it was white collar work, the task would be something like "come up with a presentation on topic X in 10 minutes". How well you did on the actual task wasn't as important as how you worked together.
What a civilian employer looks for in these things is probably very different to the Legion, so I can't really help on that front.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Motivation, reasoning and of course, command. Whenever you have, 2 or more persons together. ..1 will impose the lead, It's human nature and it's not always the one who barks the loudest. Always keep your calm, even when you are struggling.
Once Joseph or someone else posts up the different parts of this tent, I will post a step-by-step guide on how to mount / build it. Sure, it's logical, but as a team, there is a procedure. ..and believe me, I know what am talking about (built and dismantled so many in my time, as a legionnaire, but also as a caporal, giving instruction to tireurs d'élite (marksmen) / caporal courses, etc.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) Once Joseph or some one else posts up the different parts of this tent, I will post a step-by-step guide on how to mount / build it. (...)
I'll be going to the gym in less than an hour and then to Hua Hin with the birthday girl (her birthday lasts longer than the queen of England's). So it'll be tomorrow.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Diogo mate, you mentioned that your weight is/was 90+ kg. What's your height? I'm just curious whether they allow to do the Luc-Léger if you are above BMI limits. Would be grateful if you could let me know, thanks.(y)
It's just that I am still 2.5 kg above weight limit, though yesterday tried Luc-Léger test and managed to finish at 12. It shouldn't be hard to get rid of those last few kilos, but sometimes water-related weight fluctuations can give unexpected surprises. So asking just in case.
It was 90+ kgs on my past tries. I was 88 kgs on my last. Dropped to 84 after two weeks as blue. You run all the time as blue and I was giving my bread and dessert to my starving camarades as I always felt the food was enough for me. My height is 1,87 m.
By the way, you said you did palier (level) 12 in Luc-Léger. Make sure you are using the right audio for the test. The application for phones is a lot easier. The maximum I've seen in Aubagne was level 11. Usually really young guys, very skinny ones.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Any tips on the letter to the commander for another chance? What's the address? I'm leaving for Brazil in December for my marriage and to get a new visa. Be back in France in February. Then, I'll start sending letters every month for the next 3 years as I'm 36 and a half and can join until 39 ½.
I'm gonna move on with my life, but I'll always keep this side project of training (20 pull-ups as a goal and running) and keep sending letters. What's the worse that can happen? They say "no"? I got that one already. Nothing to lose and I never gonna quit. I quit when I'm 39 ½.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Getting married and writing to the General to ask to reconsider your case. ..+ 36 years old !
It will take more than just luck and persistance, imo

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Married to a French citizen. France is my country now. A chance to fight for my country. I don't care about the odds, got nothing to lose and much to gain.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Estonia
(...) By the way, you said you did palier (level) 12 in Luc-Léger. Make sure you are using the right audio for the test. The application for phones is a lot easier. (...)
Yeah, I was using the phone app. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Getting married and writing to the General to ask to reconsider your case. ..+ 36 years old !
It will take more than just luck and persistance, imo
So what happens if a guy gets married in the Legion? I take it he has to ask permission ? Also i was told some years back that to get a married quarter you had to be at the rank of caporal-chef. Is this true?
When I got married in the British Army in 88, I had to ask permission from the OC who was a Major. Was very old school.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Married to a French citizen. France is my country now. A chance to fight for my country. I don't care about the odds, got nothing to lose and much to gain.
Now that is what I call spirit. Go for it mate, and if any of these guys try and dissuade, then they can go to another recruiting center,
You're in mate . How did the other guy sum it up “Oh My God, Oh My God, I'm really going to make this happen”. That's you mate. Please keep us informed.

:cry: Wise up mate. I'm sorry.
But do keep us informed :ROFLMAO:

I'll be going to the gym in less than an hour and then to Hua Hin with the birthday girl (her birthday lasts longer than the queen of England's). So it'll be tomorrow.
Hua Hin annulé, trop de vent. But, I've got the stuff. A couple of drawings - Banksy eat your heart out. And no less than a... well whatever you call it in English, a maquette in French. I'll post it tomorrow after seeing Jim.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hua Hin annulé, trop de vent. But, I've got the stuff. A couple of drawings - Banksy eat your heart out. And no less than a... well whatever you call it in English, a maquette in French. I'll post it tomorrow after seeing Jim.
You must always be one step behind your lady! (it's a royal thing). Best wishes to your missus. I’m in the same boat. But thank god she’s there! Kept me on the straight path all these years!

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Two interesting pieces of information in this thread:
• This new tent mounting test of group collaboration. Beware, as Le Petit Caporal puts it, leadership is not who barks loudest.
• The (also) new swimming test. Would be interesting to know if failing the swimming test would disqualify a candidate or not.

Re the reasons why Diogo didn't get selected, many speculations, (right or wrong) assumptions, including from people who know sh*t about the selection process, but that's nothing new... :). I disagree with the small corporal (not the first time and surely not the last) on the fact that you shouldn't tell if you smoked weed. If you did, you can play it down (like “I smoke a couple of joints, occasionally”), but don't tell outright lies. The ‘gestapo’ interviewers are good at spotting liars. Important thing is to come clean to Aubagne and convince them you're not addicted...
All in all, seems the Legion is toughening up the selection process...

mark wake

Legionnaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Agree! Seems like lately people with a drug history have been hiding it. Getting in then bragging about it and then oh but everyone in the regiments doing it! Bollocks! Want to do drugs? Go elsewhere!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Agree because heroin is so passe and now you are dead... ;)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Agree! Seems like lately people with a drug history have been hiding it. Getting in then bragging about it and then oh but everyone in the regiments doing it! Bollocks! Want to do drugs? Go elsewhere!
Agree... Seems some here find it ok to be a hash head in the military. Makes me wonder what standard of soldier they were to be honest. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Egypt
Don't mean to intrude but we have a saying here in Arabic to always look at the half-full glass of water maybe it's international dunno. Anyhow, why don't you look at it this way “If it weren't for the Legion you would have never found a GF who apparently is ready to do anything to be with you, including waiting for you till you finish your contract or going back to Brazil with you.”
I mean, you found yourself a keeper, sir, many of the people who go to the Legion go because they have lost that keeper some way or another. Your experience over the past two years trying to join the Legion, in my humble opinion, have made you meet someone who really loves you and appreciate you and apparently you love her too. Just trying to be positive and good luck with your life.
BTW my sister-in-law is Brazilian :)