a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inapte définitif - Why?

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I really feel sorry for the OP. I looked up how to join the French army by becoming a citizen through marriage. Unfortunately, it takes about 5 years, so he'd be a little too old, then. Unless he could get waiver. Joining a regular unit is probably easier than joining the Legion who are very picky

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Diogo mate, you mentioned that your weight is/was 90+ kg. What's your height? I'm just curious whether they allow to do the Luc-Léger if you are above BMI limits. Would be grateful if you could let me know, thanks.(y)
It's just that I am still 2.5 kg above weight limit, though yesterday tried Luc-Léger test and managed to finish at 12. It shouldn't be hard to get rid of those last few kilos, but sometimes water-related weight fluctuations can give unexpected surprises. So asking just in case.
I did mine at 95 kilos of hulking mass muscle. No problems, did 17 perfect pull ups too. Made it to level 9.6 on test. BMI rule doesn't exist..

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
(...) I disagree with the small corporal (not the first time and surely not the last) on the fact that you shouldn't tell if you smoked weed. If you did, you can play it down (like “I smoke a couple of joints, occasionally”), but don't tell outright lies. The ‘gestapo’ interviewers are good at spotting liars. Important thing is to come clean to Aubagne and convince them you're not addicted... (...)
I have said it a zillion times... Lie, lie and keep lying about whatever you wish/need to. Just keep the same lie consistent. They don't sit around with crystal balls or astral project into your skull. They are not good at spotting liars. They don't give a rat's ass. Just keep straight and consistent.
There is also no freaking tent or swimming test. The only swimming test is done at Castel. You swim 100 meters, so 4 laps (in a 25m pool), then 10 meters underwater. For those who can't, you get a little paddle board and do it this way. No one fails, everyone is pushed through. How on Earth is it possible you dudes don't listen??

Don't mean to intrude but we have a saying here in Arabic to always look at the half-full glass of water maybe it's international dunno. Anyhow, why don't you look at it this way “If it weren't for the Legion you would have never found a GF who apparently is ready to do anything to be with you, including waiting for you till you finish your contract or going back to Brazil with you.”
I mean, you found yourself a keeper, sir, many of the people who go to the Legion go because they have lost that keeper some way or another. Your experience over the past two years trying to join the Legion, in my humble opinion, have made you meet someone who really loves you and appreciate you and apparently you love her too. Just trying to be positive and good luck with your life.
BTW my sister-in-law is Brazilian :)
YOU live in a dream world all to yourself.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
(...) There is also no freaking tent or swimming test. The only swimming test is done at Castel. You swim 100 meters, so 4 laps (in a 25m pool), then 10 meters underwater. For those who can't, you get a little paddle board and do it this way. No one fails, everyone is pushed through. How on Earth is it possible you dudes don't listen??
I can pretty much see someone being bored to death and ask a bunch of people to make a fake test, just for the fun of it. So which are the actual test that count to get a contract or get rejected?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I can pretty much see someone being bored to death and ask a bunch of people to make a fake test, just for the fun of it. So which are the actual test that count to get a contract or get rejected?
It is best to just get in. No matter what, everyone finishes Castel together, unless you request to leave (ask to “go civil”).

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) There is also no freaking tent or swimming test. The only swimming test is done at Castel. (...)
I think you should rather say “there were no freaking tent and swimming test when I joined”. Unless you've got recent information about the selection process. In the same vein, there were no pull-ups required, and then the Legion decided that each candidate should do at least 3 before even being let through the gate. Then we've learned the bar had been raised to 7. The selection process is very much dependent on the supply and demand... High demand means more people have to be taken in, so tests are less stringent (that's probably how you finally got in, after trying 3 times). Conversely, lower demand means less ‘fresh meat’ is needed and selection tests get tougher.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think you should rather say “there were no freaking tent and swimming test when I joined”. Unless you've got recent information about the selection process. In the same vein, there were no pull-ups required, and then the Legion decided that candidate should do at least 3 before even being let through the gate. Then we've learned the bar had been raised to 7. The selection process is very much dependent on the supply and demand... High demand means more people have to be taken in, so tests are less stringent (that's probably how you finally got in, after trying 3 times). Conversely, lower demand means less ‘fresh meat’ is needed and selection tests get tougher.
3 Times, GEEZ must have felt sorry for him.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I think you should rather say “there were no freaking tent and swimming test when I joined”. Unless you've got recent information about the selection process. In the same vein, there were no pull-ups required, and then the Legion decided that each candidate should do at least 3 before even being let through the gate. Then we've learned the bar had been raised to 7. The selection process is very much dependent on the supply and demand... High demand means more people have to be taken in, so tests ares less stringent (that's probably how you finally got in, after trying 3 times). Conversely, lower demand means less ‘fresh meat’ is needed and selection tests get tougher.
666 is a currently serving legionnaire! He knows everyone and everything going on through FFL, in every given time on every given place. :). Don't you dare to contradict you delusional .... ;)
I mean joke aside, 666 giving some insides no one else does. He is right when he say that there is a level of delusion on this forum. Again his views (some of it) or also bit over exaggerate and departing from reality. Smart ones would know to separate wheat from chaff. But hay, what the F do I know? I'm just wannabe who would most likely never even try to join. ;)
BTW Rapace why you don't answer my PMs? (a) Did you just miss it or (b) have I offended you with something or (c) you just don't give a rat's ass for me?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
666 is currently serving legionnaire! He knows everyone and everything going on trough FFL in every given time on every given place. :). Don't you dare to contradict you delusional .... ;)

I mean joke aside, 666 giving some insides no one else does. He is right when he say that there is level of delusion on this forum. Again his views (some of it) or also bit over exaggerate and departing from reality.
Smart ones would know to separate wheat from chaff. But hay, what the F do I know? I'm just wannabe who would most likely never even try to join. ;)

BTW Rapace why you don't answer my PMs? Did you just miss it or am I offend you with something or you just don't giving rat's ass for me?

giphy (16).gif

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Maybe if this guy you call 666, SNIGGER... :rolleyes: was a bit more polite & not write BS he might be able to give advice. I don´t know if he´s just immature or just a clown but it does not come good over. Maybe he thinks it's like "cool". :ROFLMAO:. Some people mature later in life. A late Bloomer so to speak.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Maybe if this guy you call 666, SNIGGER... :rolleyes: was a bit more polite & not write BS he might be able to give advice. I don´t know if he´s just immature or just a clown but it does not come good over. Maybe he thinks it's like "cool". :ROFLMAO:. Some people mature later in life. A late Bloomer so to speak.
It may be. I don't getting him. Maybe this forum is just his exhaust valve and in real life he is different. Or maybe he is just total dickhead, I don't know.
Anyway, in some point of time he was disrespectful and offensive to every active forum member. Even if that is just "his thing" and he is in reality good guy, I don't care. As he said we here live in illusion. Or lives or illusion so I guess everything he said should be considered as he is saying in real life? Don't know but something weird going on in his head.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) BTW Rapace why you don't answer my PMs? (a) Did you just miss it or (b) have I offended you with something or (c) you just don't give a rat's ass for me?
My oh my... Dusaboss, you look like one of my ex-GF who was getting mad every time I wasn't replying to her text messages within 10 mn... :D
So, since you're asking... If I wanted to be polite (and slightly dishonest) I'd say response (a), but if I'm honest (and slightly rude), I'd say response (c). ;).

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It may be. I don't getting him. Maybe this forum is just his exhaust valve and in real life he is different. Or maybe he is just total dickhead, I don't know.
Anyway, in some point of time he was disrespectful and offensive to every active forum member. Even if that is just "his thing" and he is in reality good guy, I don't care. As he said we here live in illusion. Or lives or illusion so I guess everything he said should be considered as he is saying in real life? Don't know but something weird going on in his head.
Just don't see the point in trying 3 times to join the Legion, then write bad about it. Maybe he is a very disillusioned guy or with the Legion. Maybe he thought the Legion was the “elite” and found out it´s not.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
We don't call him 666, he's calling himself that way (DCLXVI in Roman numbers). Previously known as Tragedy on the board, he's been a member for at least 15 years. Now you understand what I meant when I talked (in PM with you) about some weirdos I've come across on this board since I've been a member of it and then a mod... He seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder, always believing that nobody takes him seriously but behaving in such a way that actually nobody really takes him seriously... Been banned a number of times, has said another number of times that he would leave the board for good, and always came back. He's a bit like Cervens board Nemesis, but all in all, we like him... until he gets really out of hands and banned for a couple of months... :D

Just don't see the point in trying 3 times to join the Legion, then write bad about it. Maybe he is a very disillusioned guy or with the Legion. Maybe he thought the Legion was the “elite” and found out it´s not.
Neither do I, but as Dusaboss (who doesn't always tell nonsense) has put it, nobody really knows what's going on in his head. But another member who knows him personally in ‘real life’ says he's a good guy. Hope for him that's he case, otherwise he must have hard days in the Legion.

P.S: and stop using italic characters. Second warning...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
We don't call him 666, he's calling himself that way (DCLXVI in Roman numbers). Previously known as Tragedy on the board, he's been a member for at least 15 years. Now you understand what I meant when I talked (in PM with you) about some weirdos I've come across on this board since I've been a member of it and then a mod... He seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder, always believing that nobody takes him seriously but behaving in such a way that actually nobody really takes him... Been banned a number of times, has said another number of times that he would leave the board for good, and always came back. He's a bit like Cervens board Nemesis, but all in all, we like him... until he gets really out of hands and banned for a couple of months... :D

As Dusaboss put it, nobody really knows what's going on in his head. But another member who know him personally (Nickfury) says in a good guy in real life. Hope for hm that's he case.

P.S: and stop using italic characters. Second warning...
Is that better? As long as he stays out my face I don't care.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Is that better? As long as he stays out my face I don't care.
Exactly the type of thing not to say, all the more so that, so far, he hasn't addressed any of his remarks directly to you... That's a provocation, right? I got a feeling that we're soon gonna have a “weirdos e-fight”... Place your bets... :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Exactly the type of thing not to say, all the more so that, so far, he hasn't addressed any of his remarks directly to you... That's a provocation, right? I got a feeling that we're soon gonna have a “weirdos e-fight”... Place your bets... :ROFLMAO:
Listen, I am only on here for some banter... you know fun. I do not think you or anyone else is a bad guy on here but FFS it's a military site. Bit of Girly stuff is OK? I mean I kept it fitness orientated ;). As for the 666 guy I laugh at him.
And let's be serious guys, some of the old posts from the 80s guys were funny blowing up flag poles & stuff. I would have had a good laugh then too if there. I can't help myself i love the Girly stuff :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) And let's be serious guys, some of the old posts from the 80s guys were funny blowing up flag poles & stuff. I would have had a good laugh then too if there. (...)
No you wouldn't. You would have been punished with the rest of the ‘Anglo mafia’. :)
(...) I can't help myself i love the Girly stuff :)
“Girly”? Hmmm :unsure: