a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Index finger and scar after surgery

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Hello everyone I'm having a question I'm finishing my engineering degree this year and I want to join the army unfortunately the army in Ireland is pretty crap so legion seems to be my only option.4793

My only concern is my index finger on my right hand had surgery after my karate tournament. My hand is now perfectly fine and I'm also left handed however I still have scar.
Thank you for reading Alan.

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
2019 candidate here.

They’ll probably ask questions and take pictures of that scar. It looks bigger than a 2 Euro cent.

I don’t think it’ll stop you getting in, but you’ll be asked about it in medical.

As long as you can demonstrate it doesn’t affect you and convince them, you’re good.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello Allan and welcome to the forum. I see you're straight in with a question, not bad -good start.
You should take any and all records concerning the operation especially x-rays. If you haven't got any than make sure that you have have them before joining. How is the French coming along?

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
I did 3 years of French in my school so I know basics I'll try to learn the main words before I arrive I hope I'll get in.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Alan, perhaps I was a little too subtle when Instead of asking you why you don't introduce yourself, I was being slightly sarcastic and said that you started off with a question... ;)
So how old are you?
When are you thinking of joining the legion. Are you Irish? etc etc etc.

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Oh sorry, I'm originally from Poland live in Ireland 12 years, I'm planning to go in July I just want a fresh start in life after all the sh$t that happened in my life, I wanted to join army since I was little kid seeing my father coming from overseas etc in Ireland there's nothing more than an infantry and artillery corps I could try to join officer school in here however I doubt they'd let someone who wasn't born here and doesn't have Irish roots in charge of a platoon.

Legion seems to have everything I'm looking for diversity, traveling which I never had because I was quite poor and also making friends for longer than 2 years since that's approximately the time I was changing house in Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Think you'll meet a few fellow poles in the Légion 😄🇵🇱