a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inner Leg Chafing

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Due to being an ex rugby player and still big on my gym i naturally have large legs.

Whilst serving in the British Army my legs used to chafe whilst running/tabbing (loaded march) and i used to wear under armour/tight sports shorts underneath to prevent this and allow me to run etc without them rubbing.

Just curious if i would be able to wear these if i took them with me, just i know without them running etc would be a huge problem as it's extremely painful.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Hi, I don’t know how things are in the legion these days, but when I served in Algeria nobody would check my underwere.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
5 ft 8 and 90kg but thatll drop to around 85 come march. I was 82kg when i was in the army and they still rubbed lol

Haha @jonny i get you, i just saw on a video people being given briefs lol
How much leg Training do you do ? I would try to minimize adductor Training. Maybe a closer stance on leg press or squats/ Hack squats . if doing squats Front squats are more middle Lower, more emphasis on these areas. Back squats give heavy upper thighs & buttocks quickly in some people. I knew a guy who had this Bad in the Army had cream( not sure what) he used talcom powder too i believe. If all else fails Stick to Cycling on Rest days when not running will keep your knee area strong.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You are currently obese and should be aiming at losing around 20kg or even more .

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You are currently obese and should be aiming at losing around 20kg or even more .
Muscle is heavier than fat. BMI is inaccurate is a bad way to measure someones weight when it comes to guys who are not fat but muscular but I'll keep this in mind as the legion use the BMI regardless :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Muscle is heavier than fat. BMI is inaccurate is a bad way to measure someones weight when it comes to guys who are not fat but muscular but I'll keep this in mind as the legion use the BMI regardless :)
Exactly why serious weight Trainers use other methods to test Fat.. Most Police & Military forces use the BMI as a guide line though. I understand you are a Rugby player & weight train. Surfguy has described himself as the "racey Snake type".. Or was it slithering Snake type..:unsure:
You would have to diet & adjust your weight Training if going to the Legion.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
OP be warned that @sexpert will soon be asking you for naked photos "just so he can advise on training" dont fall for it :)