a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Albania
Hello everydoby,
Im going to introduce myself. Im am looking to join the FFL when i sort out my life a bit,learn the language and wait for the pandemic to die down...
Im 23 years old, have 4 years military experience. I keep fit and healthy. Highly motivated individual with high work ethic.
I have a lot of questions that hopefully they will get answered on here and ill keep the forum posted on my journey.
“You scrath my back,ill scratch yours”
Thanks and kind regards.

OUT..

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hi Raider22 and welcome to forum.

What you mean by “You scrath my back,ill scratch yours”? I mean, I know what expression means, but why did you use in this intro? If someone answer your question (which we will do without expecting return favor) how would you scratch our back ?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Raider and welcome to the forum
I'd have taken it for granted that those who come on here are 1, looking to contribute in some way, and 2 that if they seek help that they will help in their own way, Sadly that isn't the case.
How many people have turned up with the correct number number of Tshirts (N'est pas Dusa?) or had numerous questions answered - numerous times :rolleyes: - and then forgotten all about us?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Albania
Hello Joseph thats just part of it i guess... They say never have high expectations so you are never disappointed by the negative outcome.
On the other hand i will try and support the forum as much as i can.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
How many people have turned up with the correct number number of Tshirts (N'est pas Dusa?) or had numerous questions answered - numerous times :rolleyes: - and then forgotten all about us?
Oh yeah. Certainly most important thing in legion. Unwritten rule. Should be part of code of honor. Instant disclaimer if you don't obey!
3 T- shorts. Bring 2 or bring 4 and you can forget about your legion journey. :) How many potentially good legionnaires ruined their chances because of that. ;(

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
To be honest Dusa, I don't know of anyone who has been turned away because they haven't got the correct number of T shirts. But then again, that is not our job, our job is to prepare the candidates to be at their best, with the correct stuff.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
And look smart in whatever rig- clean with decent hair cut.

Well that was it with my day in 1956 with H.M. Royal Marines.

I am sure it still applies.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
The Legion has always and am sure they still do today, accept the odd vagabond or two

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I agree with you on the vagabond part, but unless that is your circumstances than I would take Chas' advice.

Most viewed threads of the week