Introducing myself joining soon

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello all - I am introducing myself. I am from the United States. I am approximately 30 and I am 6’1 inches. I am healthy run, lift weights also involved in MMA. I currently work 2 jobs roughly 100 hrs a week. I have prior military service. I want to join the FFL. IM physical fit and strong. I’m hoping to join sometime next year. I’m committed and I understand what it means to be a soldier. Only draw back is my vision - I wear glasses and contacts - but can see without glasses and contacts well. I know what it means to march 16 miles with over 120 pounds on your back, and I know how it feels to clean all day - just to clean more. i also know what it feels like to take orders. I miss the military. I don’t have any family as I was adopted. I’d like to be apart of a family before I get too old. I can easily do 10 chin ups - and run 2 miles in 13 mins. I’m hoping to be able to join.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Hello xX,
This is the best source of info on LLE online. Search button is the tool - every question and answers are there. Plenty of legionnaires wear glasses and you can find the hm propositions on official recruiting site and some other sites like FFLinfo. http://foreignlegion.info/french-foreign-legion-eyesight-vision-requirements/
If you are sure that you want to join and feel ready, waste no time (mofo flies fast).
Regarding "family", are you sure that's the kind of family you want?
Army/Legion, can't give you what a woman and kids can - and vice versa.
Whatever you choose good luck!
Bonne chance!

Last edited:
OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello xX,
This is the best source of info on LLE online. Search button is the tool - every question and answers are there. Plenty of legionnaires wear glasses and you can find the hm propositions on official recruiting site and some other sites like FFLinfo. http://foreignlegion.info/french-foreign-legion-eyesight-vision-requirements/
If you are sure that you want to join and feel ready, waste no time (mofo flies fast).
Regarding "family", are you sure that's the kind of family you want?
Army/Legion, can't give you what a woman and kids can - and vice versa.
Whatever you choose good luck!
Bonne chance!
Lol (mofo) Yes I’ve done research for over 2 years now. I don’t have any kids and I don’t have a significant other. I don’t want kids either since I’ve worked with kids in the past before - and they are a hand full. To be apart of a legendary force such as the legion would be an honor. I’ve decided to join in January latest February. I’m excited and will bring along my glasses and contacts. To be a soldier again is something I yearn for. I plan on learning some French as well to solidify and show recruiters my commitment.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello xX..... and welcome to the forum. Did you by any chance confuse the 'User name' with a password? o_O
Do like Perun (It's good to have you back, mate) says and use the search button for finding info. However, if there is anything that you are not sure about, don't be afraid to ask.

OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Thank you Mr.Cosgroove. I plan on doing some more searching tonight as well as asking more questions. I've used shellshocka as a gamer tag and I've always liked the name lol. I do have one question when I do join can I choose my new name or does the legion choose my new name for myself?

OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Also wanted to ask would PMC work be available after post enlistment ?

OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I also have 4 cavities but that’s not much to fix.

OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Sorry about that PMC means (Private military contractors). They are private companies that hire ex military shooters that provide either security for diplomats or business executive. Either or they pay pretty well if you have a good skill set.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Sorry about that PMC means (Private military contractors). They are private companies that hire ex military shooters that provide either security for diplomats or business executive. Either or they pay pretty well if you have a good skill set.
No worries mate. I would think that it would depend on your CV. If you spend your 5 years as a clerk in a support company, not really much chance. And of course there is no point in exaggerating because you would be easily found out. Ex-military working in that field are quite a close community, the recruiters will know ex-legionnaires and forward your CV for verification.
You being from the US will have an advantage because they often post 'US citizenship required'.

OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Thank you Mr.cosgrove my next question is can you choose you military speciality ? Or does the legion choose your speciality? Ideally I’d want to be a sniper. Whenever I get a reply from you it excites me more.

OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Sorry about that ! Thank you joe lol writing from my phone is kind of bad!

OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Sorry for the rapid fire questions also I’m reading a book called five years in the French foreign legion. The book is well written and very interesting!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
my next question is can you choose you military speciality ? Or does the legion choose your speciality? Ideally I’d want to be a sniper.
The legion likes to orientate their men to what they are interested in. If you want to be a sniper, let you chef de section (platoon commander) know. Although you will not be limited to being a sniper. For example when I first joined the REP I was in a MILAN, antitank guided missile section. Everyone had to do the course. The same as in the legion everyone has to learn how to drive. But in the MILAN section there were mechanics, medics (I was one of them) radio operators and snipers etc. The more qualifications you have the better if you decide to do more than 5 years.
Also what does CV mean ?
:oops:o_O It's Latin: Curriculum Vitae which translates to 'course of life' in other words Resume.

OP
xXShElLsHoCKAXx
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Lol thank you joe. Are there any success stories or guys that joined this forum and have gone all the way ? I’d like to read about them if possible.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Lol thank you joe. Are there any success stories or guys that joined this forum and have gone all the way ? I’d like to read about them if possible.
Try using the search feature and I think you will find a lot of information that you are curious about. There is a great wealth of conversation topics on this forum history.