Introducing myself

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Yeah, go ahead and see if you ca
You said RE3 isn’t waivable and it is so I question you.

Yes, see if anyone will enlist you. Don't think I know what I am talking about, okay. But again, good luck in La Legion Etranger

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Yeah, go ahead and see if you ca

Yes, see if anyone will enlist you. Don't think I know what I am talking about, okay. But again, good luck in La Legion Etranger
Yep, don't know anything, see block 13, 14 and 18
Then the army lied to me if it’s not waiveable , probably because I chose marines first. Army hates marines, well recruiting wise, because of course marines are better and thank you for your service. Just want to be like you sorry if I came about it rudely

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Then the army lied to me if it’s not waiveable , probably because I chose marines first. Army hates marines, well recruiting wise, because of course marines are better and thank you for your service. Just want to be like you sorry if I came about it rudely
you have a serious attitude problem. In my time training wise you would have got a good slap. from the instructors & the guys in your room.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
you have a serious attitude problem. In my time training wise you would have got a good slap. from the instructors & the guys in your room.
I will take it from my instructors with respect I’ve been punched before. But I’m 6’5 215lbs and if my room mates slap me they will have their hands full.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I didn’t realize so many emotional sensitive men would be in this forum. I wouldn’t feel safe fighting by someone who over reacts to someone saying l
yes that’s me you got me

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I didn’t realize so many emotional sensitive men would be in this forum. I wouldn’t feel safe fighting by someone who over reacts to someone saying l

yes that’s me you got me
Thing is on here...i have a good laugh too but this site is serious. People who have served in the legion or other Armies, marines..etc. They (we) try to help people with advice which might benefit them on their way to a new life in the Legion. Trolling you will get banned. I have been banned myself so just warning you off. Friendly advice.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
T
Thing is on here...i have a good laugh too but this site is serious. People who have served in the legion or other Armies, marines..etc. They (we) try to help people with advice which might benefit them on their way to a new life in the Legion. Trolling you will get banned. I have been banned myself so just warning you off. Friendly advice.
thank you all I said was learn to read and I apologized. I wasn’t trolling

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
L
Look, a couple of rules here, number 1, as in the Marine Corps, the Legion places high honor on Anciens (Ancients), Joe and Le Petit Caporal are Legionnaires, Joe retired, number 2 there are many on here like me, non-Legionnaires; HOWEVER, we are retirees or have served in great organizations me USMC 20-years, Sexpert in the British Army, Rapace French Army a Paratrooper, and Chas in the Royal Marine Commandos Trained by WWII Commandos, the originals. Just because we are not Legionnaires does not mean we have no insight and understand of military life, number 3, a big one here, Sexpert will F-with you, get ready for it, see his post of the gay construction worker, Number 4, man Dusaboss has not chimed in yet, that ought to be fantastic!

If I got you hot and bothered the Gestapo, their name as it has been given on this web site, will break you and get you to talk. Do you remember when you enlisted and you were constantly harassed that if you fraudulently enlist it will be 5-years in prison and a $10,000 fine and again more pressure at boot camp? The Gestapo are worse, they have to weed out serious criminals and the like from all over the world.

Dylan1993, I sincerely want to see you succeed, I really do. Go back to my original post, it is a damned shame you were discharged and are now barred from service. You were a Squad Leader, I understand that, maybe others don't, but it is a hard and honored position in Marine Corps Boot Camp.

Get ready physically and mentally and make the trip. Also, do not be discouraged if you are not selected the first time, there are people on here whom have tried and on the last time they made it.

Lastly, I would say if you are selected, you honor your commitment of 5-years, that going Civil sh$t blows my mind, Bull Sh$t, you enlist in La Legion Estranger, you do the time. Having been in Marine Corps Boot Camp, you know the stress games and that you take it day by day Dylan.

Semper Fidelis

Last edited by a moderator:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hey! Capital M in Marine, you dress wearing hard fighting, drunk, and over sexed Scot!.. This ought to draw out Le Petit.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
RE-3, very bad Dylan

The Army and Recruiting is not very honorable. See my DD-214, I did a tour of Recruiting Duty, I have seen it all. If the Army is jerking your chain, move on. Sexpert said it, the Legion offers second chances, that is a GREAT THING! we, the US Military, lets far too many recruits slip away because of things like popping on weed in the initial stages.

True story here, Robert, a recruit I had, tried every 6-monts to pass the ASVAB, never could get above a 20 something. I tried to tutor him, to no avail, he was dedicated and showed up every 6 months to try again and fail. Then, it was a period of time, no Robert. Several months later, there was a soldier out side of the Armed Forces recruiting offices in uniform back from Army Basic Training, low and behold, Robert had enlisted in the US Army. 1st, I congratulated him, there was no way in hell he would ever be a Marine Recruit, you know first hand how hard and strict the process is. (I just said to myself, the damned Army will take a breathing Rock)

I will be glad if one day we all say, hey, where is Dylan1993? And Joe sends a message that you are at Castel, the Farm. Then you appear in Green on this board. Then I would say Dylan1993, you owe it to the others trying and asking questions to join the Legion honest and true advice.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
L

Look, a couple of rules here, number 1, as in the Marine Corps, the Legion places high honor on Anciens (Ancients), Joe and Le Petit Caporal are Legionnaires, Joe retired, number 2 there are many on here like me, non-Legionnaires; HOWEVER, we are retirees or have served in great organizations me USMC 20-years, Sexpert in the British Army, Rapace French Army a Paratrooper, and Chas in the Royal Marine Commandos Trained by WWII Commandos, the originals. Just because we are not Legionnaires does not mean we have no insight and understand of military life, number 3, a big one here, Sexpert will F-with you, get ready for it, see his post of the gay construction worker, Number 4, man Dusaboss has not chimed in yet, that ought to be fantastic!

If I got you hot and bothered the Gestapo, their name as it has been given on this web site, will break you and get you to talk. Do you remember when you enlisted and you were constantly harassed that if you fraudulently enlist it will be 5-years in prison and a $10,000 fine and again more pressure at boot camp? The Gestapo are worse, they have to weed out serious criminals and the like from all over the world.

Dylan1993, I sincerely want to see you succeed, I really do. Go back to my original post, it is a damned shame you were discharged and are now barred from service. You were a Squad Leader, I understand that, maybe others don't, but it is a hard and honored position in Marine Corps Boot Camp.

Get ready physically and mentally and make the trip. Also, do not be discouraged if you are not selected the first time, there are people on here whom have tried and on the last time they made it.

Lastly, I would say if you are selected, you honor your commitment of 5-years, that going Civil shit blows my mind, Bull Shit, you enlist in La Legion Estranger, you do the time. Having been in Marine Corps Boot Camp, you know the stress games and that you take it day by day Dylan.

Semper Fidelis
Thanks for the encouragement it means a lot coming from you. You did what I dreamt of doing and I lost it to a poor choice. If I get selected I plan on making a career out of the legion , I loved the stress and chaos at Paris island and I miss it and my crew. Thanks for the tips and for not destroying me 2 badly for being a smart ass I didn’t realize your status. Nothing hurts worse than failure, would rather die than fail again.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
RE-3, very bad Dylan

The Army and Recruiting is not very honorable. See my DD-214, I did a tour of Recruiting Duty, I have seen it all. If the Army is jerking your chain, move on. Sexpert said it, the Legion offers second chances, that is a GREAT THING! we, the US Military, lets far too many recruits slip away because of things like popping on weed in the initial stages.

True story here, Robert, a recruit I had, tried every 6-monts to pass the ASVAB, never could get above a 20 something. I tried to tutor him, to no avail, he was dedicated and showed up every 6 months to try again and fail. Then, it was a period of time, no Robert. Several months later, there was a soldier out side of the Armed Forces recruiting offices in uniform back from Army Basic Training, low and behold, Robert had enlisted in the US Army. 1st, I congratulated him, there was no way in hell he would ever be a Marine Recruit, you know first hand how hard and strict the process is. (I just said to myself, the damned Army will take a breathing Rock)

I will be glad if one day we all say, hey, where is Dylan1993? And Joe sends a message that you are at Castel, the Farm. Then you appear in Green on this board. Then I would say Dylan1993, you owe it to the others trying and asking questions to join the Legion honest and true advice.
Yea the recruiters would always make marine jokes and things and it pissed me off that little sh$ts who barely make the pt minimum and weight scale could get in easily just because they had a clean record. When I fight I would rather be by in shape guys who don’t play by the rules and aren’t scared of a fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
USMC and RM are a breed apart. Standards remain high, especially with the latter in these difficult times.:)

Unlike some other very highly rated British Army Regiments the Royal Marines will not accept anyone with any form of prior criminality, however minor.

Semper Fidelis- Per Mare per Teram.(y)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I didn’t realize so many emotional sensitive men would be in this forum.
Dylan, how would you like a word of advice, for free? There are a lot of ex-military on the forum as USMCRET has pointed out. One of our objectives is to get guys like yourself through through the legion recruiting process and then through the legion's basic training.
Show a bit of respect, take a joke, and listen to any advice that is coming your way. Advice you can follow or not, but at least listen to it. Yes we would all like for you to get in, and although not everyone has knocked on the big gates there are information which we can pass on from those who have joined recently.
Let's not dwell on this (I'm getting a little emotional myself now 😢).
You are tall (wearing a silly hat - in the picture) and American, you will will stand out like ... a tall american ? You really will have to keep a low profile. Sticking with the Brit mafia will not be good a good idea. Try and pick up as much French as possible in order to try and communicate with the Francophones. These are everyone who who comes from a French speaking country whether it is their first or second language. Yes welcome to the world, it isn't only France.:whistle:
No-one is telling you to turn a cold shoulder to a fellow American, but as I said, you/he will be watched as everyone is. If he is a complete idiot or gets a reputation as a loud mouth, it's best to avoid him.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Dylan, how would you like a word of advice, for free? There are a lot of ex-military on the forum as USMCRET has pointed out. One of our objectives is to get guys like yourself through through the legion recruiting process and then through the legion's basic training.
Show a bit of respect, take a joke, and listen to any advice that is coming your way. Advice you can follow or not, but at least listen to it. Yes we would all like for you to get in, and although not everyone has knocked on the big gates there are information which we can pass on from those who have joined recently.
Let's not dwell on this (I'm getting a little emotional myself now 😢).
You are tall (wearing a silly hat - in the picture) and American, you will will stand out like ... a tall american ? You really will have to keep a low profile. Sticking with the Brit mafia will not be good a good idea. Try and pick up as much French as possible in order to try and communicate with the Francophones. These are everyone who who comes from a French speaking country whether it is their first or second language. Yes welcome to the world, it isn't only France.:whistle:
No-one is telling you to turn a cold shoulder to a fellow American, but as I said, you/he will be watched as everyone is. If he is a complete idiot or gets a reputation as a loud mouth, it's best to avoid him.
Thank you I understand I will keep a low profile, do they have something against Americans ? That’s a Bowie hat wore by military’s all over the world . Literally a military hat

Most viewed threads of the week