a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing myself

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I didn’t realize so many emotional sensitive men would be in this forum.
Dylan, how would you like a word of advice, for free? There are a lot of ex-military on the forum as USMCRET has pointed out. One of our objectives is to get guys like yourself through through the legion recruiting process and then through the legion's basic training.
Show a bit of respect, take a joke, and listen to any advice that is coming your way. Advice you can follow or not, but at least listen to it. Yes we would all like for you to get in, and although not everyone has knocked on the big gates there are information which we can pass on from those who have joined recently.
Let's not dwell on this (I'm getting a little emotional myself now 😢).
You are tall (wearing a silly hat - in the picture) and American, you will will stand out like ... a tall american ? You really will have to keep a low profile. Sticking with the Brit mafia will not be good a good idea. Try and pick up as much French as possible in order to try and communicate with the Francophones. These are everyone who who comes from a French speaking country whether it is their first or second language. Yes welcome to the world, it isn't only France.:whistle:
No-one is telling you to turn a cold shoulder to a fellow American, but as I said, you/he will be watched as everyone is. If he is a complete idiot or gets a reputation as a loud mouth, it's best to avoid him.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Dylan, how would you like a word of advice, for free? There are a lot of ex-military on the forum as USMCRET has pointed out. One of our objectives is to get guys like yourself through through the legion recruiting process and then through the legion's basic training.
Show a bit of respect, take a joke, and listen to any advice that is coming your way. Advice you can follow or not, but at least listen to it. Yes we would all like for you to get in, and although not everyone has knocked on the big gates there are information which we can pass on from those who have joined recently.
Let's not dwell on this (I'm getting a little emotional myself now 😢).
You are tall (wearing a silly hat - in the picture) and American, you will will stand out like ... a tall american ? You really will have to keep a low profile. Sticking with the Brit mafia will not be good a good idea. Try and pick up as much French as possible in order to try and communicate with the Francophones. These are everyone who who comes from a French speaking country whether it is their first or second language. Yes welcome to the world, it isn't only France.:whistle:
No-one is telling you to turn a cold shoulder to a fellow American, but as I said, you/he will be watched as everyone is. If he is a complete idiot or gets a reputation as a loud mouth, it's best to avoid him.
Thank you I understand I will keep a low profile, do they have something against Americans ? That’s a Bowie hat wore by military’s all over the world . Literally a military hat

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hey! Capital M in Marine, you dress wearing hard fighting, drunk, and over sexed Scot!.. This ought to draw out Le Petit.
😆😆😆😆😆😆
Tell ya i nearly peed my pants laughing. Yeah.. Where is the wee cpl

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Never admit your guilt
Even if they try ripping your spleen out with a rusty fork
Look them (any potential employer) straight in the eye and reply, without trembling (it's a give away if you don't) that you are the dugs nib and have never ever done chit wrong. ..
Do you really need to tell them your previous deceptions? Come on, be wise
7 pull ups and 7 on the Luc Léger at least
Good luck

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Never admit your guilt
Even if they try ripping your spleen out with a rusty fork
Look them (any potential employer) straight in the eye and reply, without trembling (it's a give away if you don't) that you are the dugs nib and have never ever done chit wrong. ..
Do you really need to tell them your previous deceptions? Come on, be wise
7 pull ups and 7 on the Luc Léger at least
Good luck
You just said the opposite of everyone else now I’m confused haha. Can you pm me

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nope
Just my différence
You make your own choices in life
Post Shitum
Be Bold
Be Brave
Behave
and quit this need to explain everything you have ever done or thought. ..such a Christian thing to do
Monsieur, Le Sans Soucis

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Nope
Just my différence
You make your own choices in life
Post Shitum
Be Bold
Be Brave
Behave
and quit this need to explain everything you have ever done or thought. ..such a Christian thing to do
Monsieur, Le Sans Soucis
They are going to ask why I didn’t try to serve in my military

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
You had other pre occupations?
You were in réhab?
You were a red cross or a Salvation army volonteer for the homeless
You were on a diet ?
You hate the easy life and are looking for a REAL challenge in life (if not, you wouldn't be asking)