Introduction - 18 Year Old American

Also, where are the stats that Americans desert more than any other nationality in the Legion. Is it fact or is it conjecture or myth?
No public S.P.C. available. ..a global yearly figure for all the légion. regimental,company and sections, internal use
It is against the law in France to hold stats concerning, race,religion, nationality, colour etc but they know who for sure

Hello everyone,

Just an update since I haven’t been active in a while. I was living in the back of my car for a few months, haven’t had anywhere to go. I have been working as a deckhand on a trawl boat. If anyone is familiar with this kind of job, it’s dangerous but one of the best paying jobs around. Made enough from a few trips to take myself off the street. Signed a 6 month lease for an apartment and had enough to pay it all up front. That being said, it means my date to leave will be pushed back as well. My lease ends November 21st, and I just bought a new ticket for November 22nd. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread active, hoping to see some of you up there in the winter.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Hello everyone,

Just an update since I haven’t been active in a while. I was living in the back of my car for a few months, haven’t had anywhere to go. I have been working as a deckhand on a trawl boat. If anyone is familiar with this kind of job, it’s dangerous but one of the best paying jobs around. Made enough from a few trips to take myself off the street. Signed a 6 month lease for an apartment and had enough to pay it all up front. That being said, it means my date to leave will be pushed back as well. My lease ends November 21st, and I just bought a new ticket for November 22nd. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread active, hoping to see some of you up there in the winter.
Don't give up your dream mate. You've already overcome some obstacles and now you're earning a living. Although I can imagine it is tough work on the arms, just remember to get in a few miles running when you can.

Will do you good the physical work (good. for the arms,back, abdos and thighs)
Do not go wasting your hard earned on junk food and sodas
Think Quality in evry thing you do
Eat good
Dump good
Work good
Sleep good
Think good

Google and you tube
Mamadou Gassama
From Mali
Illégal immigrunt no papers
Sleeps in a small room the size of a cell, with 7 others (family)
Dosent smoke or drink booze and eats sparingly
Has arms like a Ourangatang

Don't give up your dream mate. You've already overcome some obstacles and now you're earning a living. Although I can imagine it is tough work on the arms, just remember to get in a few miles running when you can.
I hope I didn’t give the wrong impression with that post. I am not throwing away my hopes with the legion to waste my life away on a boat just for some decent money. It is simply my way to survive at the moment. I can’t imagine being in shape for my departure if my main focus was still finding food and somewhere to go. With my own place I can use my resources on preparing, rather than just getting by. To add to that, I am still 18. Can’t hurt to have some comfort for a few months before go. At least now I will be healthy and prepared.

I hope I didn’t give the wrong impression with that post. I am not throwing away my hopes with the legion to waste my life away on a boat just for some decent money. It is simply my way to survive at the moment. I can’t imagine being in shape for my departure if my main focus was still finding food and somewhere to go. With my own place I can use my resources on preparing, rather than just getting by. To add to that, I am still 18. Can’t hurt to have some comfort for a few months before go. At least now I will be healthy and prepared.
I slept in abandon house last night and been sleeping in the back of a box truck. Its doable. I have a gym memebership for showers. Trust me, i lay up after work staring at the sky and I pray. I have to get my mind right the night before so I get up and work out. Do i smell like shit in the morning, sure but Le petit has motivated me in another thread. I know my only shot at a decent career is Le Legion so I tell myself, if you want in you have to be fit. Do i fight cravings, every moment. Im American in the midwest training hard, homless, but not lost. Never an addict. Life just deals us hard hands and if your goals are hard its better than taking the easy way out. Never fucking quit. Stay up Bro.

Last edited:

USMCRET

There was an altercation I was in that got around to the Marine recruiters that frequently come to my school. While it did not directly prevent me from having the option, it sure did spark some interesting conversation when I was speaking to them. They are rather unprofessional and told me that if I was to join, they would want me to deny it ever happening if it came up. These recruiters tend to look the other way with kids that score high on the ASVAB in regards to drug use, fights, and police interventions. Again, like I said, I'm confident that it would be possible to get past it, but if it would give me the upper hand in the interviews in Aubagne, it would be incredibly simple to exaggerate, while still keeping the rest of my story strictly honest and clear. Again, my first choice would not be to lie about anything to avoid the burden of keeping the story straight. But being a young American I feel as though the difference between having options and being there as a last resort could be the deciding factor of getting in or being turned away.

What you do not realize as a Marine Recruiter your mission IS TO ENLIST AND SEND TO BOOT CAMP, AND YES THERE IS A WHOLE PALLET OF GRAY IN BETWEEN BLACK AND WHITE. Two or three battalions are the entire size of the FFL. Their mission is to deny as much as possible and look for those in need.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
I slept in abandon house last night and been sleeping in the back of a box truck. Its doable. I have a gym memebership for showers. Trust me, i lay up after work staring at the sky and I pray. I have to get my mind right the night before so I get up and work out. Do i smell like shit in the morning, sure but Le petit has motivated me in another thread. I know my only shot at a decent career is Le Legion so I tell myself, if you want in you have to be fit. Do i fight cravings, every moment. Im American in the midwest training hard, homless, but not lost. Never an addict. Life just deals us hard hands and if your goals are hard its better than taking the easy way out. Never fucking quit. Stay up Bro.
254vr, you might want to get yourself a pocket book on IQ questions (with answers). As for staring up at the sky, sometimes it is bright with a full moon and stars, others it's dark and cloudy, much like the legion.

Travel light i says. ..no burdens no addictions no stress
Bad habits are usually expensive

Empires,Kingdoms, Nations and frontières are nothing more than man made bureau cratsies. ..at the end of the day. .you are just an immortal with a limited edition
Have no time for creeping and servitude
Be Bold be brave and behave
You have a brain
You have 2 feet
You can steer your self in any direction. ..if you want
Want = is need

He has spoken (spread the word)

Most viewed threads of the week