a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction and information

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Hello, my name is Matteo I'm 25 years old and I come from Italy. I will tell my story and the explanations: on 6 November 2019 I go for Aubagne, I passed physical, psycho and medical tests. But I've had a leg problem since October 2019, so I've decided to declare myself civil and then try again now that I've worked and everything's fine. I found out after that theres no second chance for civil? Unfortunately, I did not talk to the Caporals on that day thinking that we can return to the future. What do I have to do? Can I try again? I don't have a problem with my leg now, and I have a certificate confirming it. Thanks to everyone!
PS: Was great and made friends, and i’m in contact with some people!! :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hello, my name is Matteo I'm 25 years old and I come from Italy. I will tell my story and the explanations: on 6 November 2019 I go for Aubagne, I passed physical, psycho and medical tests. But I've had a leg problem since October 2019, so I've decided to declare myself civil and then try again now that I've worked and everything's fine. I found out after that theres no second chance for civil? Unfortunately, I did not talk to the Caporals on that day thinking that we can return to the future. What do I have to do? Can I try again? I don't have a problem with my leg now, and I have a certificate confirming it. Thanks to everyone!
PS: Was great and made friends, and i’m in contact with some people!! :)
Of course you can. Doors are always open. Just come when you like it. If you think that isn't for you go home and come back whenever you like. :)
Or as Frankie sings:
"
Relax, don't do it
When you wanna go do it

Relax, don't do it
When you wanna come"

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'm kidding lil bit. I dont know maybe you have some lil chance to be accepted again it depends

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Vicma, if you are sure that the legion is what you want, then re-write a letter, You have got two examples that you can use in google classrooms. The only thing to remember is to make sure that you send it typed, in a hard copy. You must also send it with accuse de reception.'

You can put a copy of the doctor's certificat.

Have you joined a running club?

No, not yet. It's an ideal way of showing them that if you can compete in a road race than your leg must be alright.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Hi Vicma, if you are sure that the legion is what you want, then re-write a letter, You have got two examples that you can use in google classrooms. The only thing to remember is to make sure that you send it typed, in a hard copy. You must also send it with accuse de reception.'

You can put a copy of the doctor's certificat.

Have you joined a running club?

No, not yet. It's an ideal way of showing them that if you can compete in a road race than your leg must be alright.
I will send a letter to the address of with a copy of the doctor’s certification. No, I did not take part in running clubs but now it’s ok and I can compete in a road race. Thanks for the information!

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Hello Vicma,

I remember a Chinese guy his nickname was Panda, who was sent out from Aubagne since he got flu. After a months he tried again in Paris, we were on the same room so I know for sure that he passed everything and was sent to Aubagne again. I would like to say for the record that on the time that I was in Paris (December 2017) all of the guys took cold so the risk to be rejected from Aubagne was high since Legion do not want to give you any pills or to send you to the hospital. We who worked in the kitchen stole lemons and garlic for our comrades in order to survive somehow the cold. Anyways what I am saying is that in my opinion you can try to join FFL again.
Hope you do not have Inapt definitive right?

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Hello Vicma,

I remember a Chinese guy his nickname was Panda, who was sent out from Aubagne since he got flu. After a months he tried again in Paris, we were on the same room so I know for sure that he passed everything and was sent to Aubagne again. I would like to say for the record that on the time that I was in Paris (December 2017) all of the guys took cold so the risk to be rejected from Aubagne was high since Legion do not want to give you any pills or to send you to the hospital. We who worked in the kitchen stole lemons and garlic for our comrades in order to survive somehow the cold. Anyways what I am saying is that in my opinion you can try to join FFL again.
Hope you do not have Inapt definitive right?
Hello! I don't think I'm inadapt definitive. The Caporal told me nothing. I remember Caporal after I declared myself civil, he accompanied me to the gate. I have only the sheets with me that were filled in at the beginning

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
What sheets of paper are these? Were they given back to you when you left?

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
And you're telling us that they were given back to you? How long did you spend in Aubagne, before going civil?
Yes but it wasn't told if I am inadapte definitive or not. Like 8 days, I did all the tests and the last day I should have signed to become blue

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yes but it wasn't told if I am inadapte definitive or not. Like 8 days, I did all the tests and the last day I should have signed to become blue
Can you remind what it is that you want from us?
I find this on the internet:

Although no-one is asking you to run a marathon, there are other races start at 3 kilometers. Have you signed up for any races?

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Can you remind what it is that you want from us?
I find this on the internet:

Although no-one is asking you to run a marathon, there are other races start at 3 kilometers. Have you signed up for any races?
Only now that I'm better I could have another chance. That’s all. But not yet races ;) :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
But not yet races
Road and cross country running are the legion's main sporting events. Which is why I have taken the time to explain in a thread the importance of joining a club. Of course any sport that you excel at will also get you noticed, as long as you can prove it.
You say that your leg is better, and I would be the last one to put any doubt on your word, but it is not me that you have to prove it to.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Road and cross country running are the legion's main sporting events. Which is why I have taken the time to explain in a thread the importance of joining a club. Of course any sport that you excel at will also get you noticed, as long as you can prove it.
You say that your leg is better, and I would be the last one to put any doubt on your word, but it is not me that you have to prove it to.
Thank you for the information, hope well!