Introduction

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
On an aside RMs' hold the world record jointly with the USA for parachute related canopy work. A linked stack of 34. We also beat all Army units in a forced march in Tunisia 1956. This was an open competition for all units based in the Middle East. …..Gosh I am an old fart!:unsure:

Currently we hold various records and last year beat the USMC boxing team in 2 national tournaments and the Paras again at rugby in the Trafalgar Cup in which we hold the most wins.;)

mark wake

Legionnaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
On an aside RMs' hold the world record jointly with the USA for parachute related canopy work. A linked stack of 34. We also beat all Army units in a forced march in Tunisia 1956. This was an open competition for all units based in the Middle East. …..Gosh I am an old fart!:unsure:

Currently we hold various records and last year beat the USMC boxing team in 2 national tournaments and the Paras again at rugby in the Trafalgar Cup in which we hold the most wins.;)
Bloody Royal Marines!💨

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Our Paras who have completed their military static line parachute course are superb. It is a poor show that so many who have passed P. Coy have to wait such a long time for their jump course.

Commemorating D. Day this year 75 years on there is going to be magnificent mass jump by them and a display.

I salute them as damn fine soldiers. And to think that they made me an offer after interview by Capt. Farrar Hockley and subsequent beastings at Maida. Also I believe that was this factor that got me the 4th and last RM officer vacancy. Other would be Royals went to the Army and to a unit that would accept them.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Our Paras who have completed their military static line parachute course are superb. It is a poor show that so many who have passed P. Coy have to wait such a long time for their jump course.

Commemorating D. Day this year 75 years on there is going to be magnificent mass jump by them and a display.

I salute them as damn fine soldiers. And to think that they made me an offer after interview by Capt. Farrar Hockley and subsequent beastings at Maida. Also I believe that was this factor that got me the 4th and last RM officer vacancy. Other would be Royals went to the Army and to a unit that would accept them.
It’s a shame the British army is in such a state. you have my respect Charles.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It’s a shame the British army is in such a state. you have my respect Charles.
How did it get there? Passing P Coy and walking around without your wings would be very degrading. I don't know about the rest of the French army but the REP tries to get in as many jumps as possible. Even when i was in the 13 DBLE in Djibouti, I managed to get jumps in.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
2 REI done it all better than all. ..true story
We hold the National records in many a domaine
Forced march and snipers, etc

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
How did it get there? Passing P Coy and walking around without your wings would be very degrading. I don't know about the rest of the French army but the REP tries to get in as many jumps as possible. Even when i was in the 13 DBLE in Djibouti, I managed to get jumps in.
Joseph,

This has caused frustration angst and friction within the Air Mobile Division. Those with their wings look down on the 'penguins' who have not completed their jump course. There are rather too many of them and much ill feeling.

As you will well know since you were commando qualified, no-one can wear the Coveted Green Beret and Dagger patch and serve in Commando Brigade unless they have passed the course. Hence all equal and no friction.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
The treize (13 DBLE) will / might /have or might not be rebaptised, now that it has reached regimental operational standards

Most viewed threads of the week