Introduction.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
Hello to all members of the FFL Cervens Forum, my name is Minh (real name) and I come from Vietnam, I'm 20 currently and just a normal college student.
My family is middle class with my parents are very caring of their children, or I say very much control and intervene their children's personal stuff. I do notice since young that this kind of family is affecting badly to my elder sister and me. This way of parenting make me feel dependent to my family and make me lose the will to change myself for any better. While there are other young people who are independent at young as 16-17 and I am 20 here, still be tied to family and this make me feel sick of my family and myself. After knowing about the Legion from my Greek friend and research it, I know that the Legion can "fix" me. I know that the Legion can not give civilan life experience or give knowledge about jobs and also not good money beside of a shady path to gain French citizenship but none of those are my concern at moment. My main concern is to fix myself first, I only have the will to do anything just to get to France and apply for the FFL but not the will to better myself in long term. My life is still way easier than life of many other people here I know that but I am at the chokepoint of a bottle now and I see no one around me trustable to ask for help from.
I am currently self-learning French and do boxing, push ups and run everyday, know how to swim but still not get a pull up properly. Advices are needed, Merci!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, Minh and welcome
Beef it up and learn french
Forget family duties
Do your thing, Minh
You know where we are

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vatican City State
Hey, welcome. I am departing for the Legion soon and have been preparing for some time.

I'm similar age (21) to you. I'm in a similar situation where my family is starting to drag me down.

It isn't good to abandon family, but it isn't good to stay on sinking ship. We are young men, and parents know that one day the birds must leave the nest.

Do what you can to stabilize your family. Get your education if you can. The legion will exist for years to come.

OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
thank you for all the replies, I read all info about FFL in its webpage and also unofficial FFL websites as well as join groups about FFL on FB but the infos and shares and stories in those groups make me feel untrustable, but I can see here in this forum there are many people with experiences even for a short time in the Legion, short or long all good to me, more to learn to avoid things which make recruiters reject me.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Minh and welcome to the forum. You have to concentrate on your pull ups. If you cannot do at least 7 there is no point going to France.