a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for accepting me I'm Adam from the uk just trying to find out more information about joining FFL im from England my uncle was a major British army I've always wanted to join the army but I got in trouble with police when I started the process off signing up when I was 16 now I can't join the British army so I've been looking into the FFL for some time and I've decided to give a go see if I can get in I've spent most of my day sat on my phone reading through the threads I've seen that you can't join with metal in your body is this still the same and the piece of metal I have is tiny think they said 3 centurmeter and it's in my jaw could I get away with not telling them ?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Adam and welcome to the forum. If you have a piece of metal in your jaw, you will be asked about it before you go to see the Dr. There is a form to fill out. should you fail to inform them then it will be discovered eventually. That will lead to you being kicked out for good.
I'd take the risk of telling them and see what they say. It's not that far from the UK and you've got time to get yourself fit and learn French before going.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Adam,

Welcome to the forum. Take advice from those you see in Green.

I have served in the ranks and as a commissioned officer. My point being that I believe you can now be allowed to enter the British Armed Forces for minor offences and time spent. However as a Dinosaur, I may well be wrong and I understand that some units remain very selective.

If you want to join the FFL ; "Carpe Diem" and I wish you success in all your endeavours.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Adam and welcome to the forum. If you have a piece of metal in your jaw, you will be asked about it before you go to see the Dr. There is a form to fill out. should you fail to inform them then it will be discovered eventually. That will lead to you being kicked out for good.
I'd take the risk of telling them and see what they say. It's not that far from the UK and you've got time to get yourself fit and learn French before going.
Thanks for taking the time to reply i appreciate it Ive started running and didn't realise how unfit I've got over all these lockdowns I was in good shape before the lockdowns was going my local gym at least four times a week but with this lockdown I've got quite fat I've checked my BMI and I got 28. I was thinking maybe they wouldn't bother to much why it's just in my jaw so I'm Guna go with your advice and tell them see what happens. if there's any websites are good video toturials on YouTube on learning French what anyone knows of let me know be much appreciated 👌

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Adam,

Welcome to the forum. Take advice from those you see in Green.

I have served in the ranks and as a commissioned officer. My point being that I believe you can now be allowed to enter the British Armed Forces for minor offences and time spent. However as a Dinosaur, I may well be wrong and I understand that some units remain very selective.

If you want to join the FFL ; "Carpe Diem" and I wish you success in all your endeavours.
Thanks for the reply mate and it's not just that offence from when I was 16 things went down hill from there and I was in and out of prison up until 3 years ago I haven't offended since I haven't got any serious crime on my record ie. Murder drug trafficking the worst is section 20 Abh and they are now spent convictions and I did try to sign up again this year but got rejected because of some mental health issues I had years ago when I was younger what don't affect me at all these I'm now 27 and really want to make something of my life and go see more of the world and stand for something be a part of something good I don't really speak to any of my family I've got nothing to keep me in England no children or family I have contact with like most people just want second chance and start a new life in the FFL. Thanks for your reply appreciate mate

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply mate and it's not just that offence from when I was 16 things went down hill from there and I was in and out of prison up until 3 years ago I haven't offended since I haven't got any serious crime on my record ie. Murder drug trafficking the worst is section 20 Abh and they are now spent convictions and I did try to sign up again this year but got rejected because of some mental health issues I had years ago when I was younger what don't affect me at all these I'm now 27 and really want to make something of my life and go see more of the world and stand for something be a part of something good I don't really speak to any of my family I've got nothing to keep me in England no children or family I have contact with like most people just want second chance and start a new life in the FFL. Thanks for your reply appreciate mate
Adamuk,

Spent convictions excellent. Provided you have no mental health issues simply go for it a.s.a.p.
If you really want it you will succeed. It is what I call the 'Want Factor'.
I did years ago as a former blitzed out, children's home boy adopted.
Think positive and clear your head. Get your affairs in order and go with a return ticket just in case.
Get some more advice from a Green

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, and welcome to the forum
Your B.M.I. is 28 and your height is how much?
You did not mention your age?
What is your height ?
Sharp will be detected in your pannorax (sp), X- ray, of your teeth and jaw
Seriously, can you do at least 7 pull ups and reach level 7 on the Luc Légère test (beep) ?
Speak some french?
Can, ' Uncle', pull some threads for you to join the Brits?
Do you know what a, 'gros cube, is" ?
It's your case
L.P.C.

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
being in a hostile enviroment is 100% mental. If you do go do not mention any mental problems. Make sure you are sorted before you go otherwise stay at home.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi, and welcome to the forum
Your B.M.I. is 28 and your height is how much?
You did not mention your age?
What is your height ?
Sharp will be detected in your pannorax (sp), X- ray, of your teeth and jaw
Seriously, can you do at least 7 pull ups and reach level 7 on the Luc Légère test (beep) ?
Speak some french?
Can, ' Uncle', pull some threads for you to join the Brits?
Do you know what a, 'gros cube, is" ?
It's your case
L.P.C.
My weight is 86kg and height is 5.8 and i am 27 and forgot to say my uncle is my great uncle he passed away 10 years ago and no I'm not ready as of yet on the fitness side but the gyms open back up in April untill then just Guna concentrate on my running and and trying learn the French language and no what is a gros cube ? Thanks for the reply mate appreciate it 👌

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks mate watched the whole video good information Guna have a watch of some more now out of work at the minute so got nothing but time on my hands I was labouring on a site in my town but its finished now all the other jobs at the minute are miles away in Manchester and Liverpool and I don't drive can't wait to be able start my lessons again when this lockdown is finished

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Thanks for accepting me I'm Adam from the uk just trying to find out more information about joining FFL im from England my uncle was a major British army I've always wanted to join the army but I got in trouble with police when I started the process off signing up when I was 16 now I can't join the British army so I've been looking into the FFL for some time and I've decided to give a go see if I can get in I've spent most of my day sat on my phone reading through the threads I've seen that you can't join with metal in your body is this still the same and the piece of metal I have is tiny think they said 3 centurmeter and it's in my jaw could I get away with not telling them ?
I am just guessing, but I do not think a piece of metal in your jaw would be a problem.
I think they are more concerned when it involves repair to joints and spine etc..

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I don't drive can't wait to be able start my lessons again when this lockdown is finished
I wouldn't worry too much about the driving, as I can see that you are pretty determined to join up. The legion will teach you how to drive. Although most of your instruction will be done on foot :ROFLMAO:.
It's like the old Brit army joke(?), you'll go for in this man's army ... if the transport is available. :ROFLMAO::love::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm on form lads!