a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

Introduction

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Good day everyone.
Just got accepted onto the forum and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Bryce-Bond :)
Am a South African and I am planning to join the Legion I figured it's about time to finally get this done in my life and follow my dreams before I get to old, right now I am 28 years old.

If there are any South Africans onboard I would just like to enquire about getting a visa as I have heard that our beautiful government can deny our visa application if they find out we plan on joining a foreign military? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Im giving myself until March before I hopefully take the flight over to give myself a bit of time for extra fitness training.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Howzit, a fellow Durbanite.

Here's a snippet of what I sent another Saffa.

"You used to be able to apply for a tourist Visa by getting a letter from the French MoD stating your intention to join, this gave you access to the 90-day tourist Visa. I am not sure if this is still available or an option. I would advise going over on a tourist visa, book your filghts with a flexi ticket and choose accommodation that is cash on arrival, that way you will have proof of address for your duration of stay without having to fork out cash. You will also want to fly into Marseille, much cheaper and easier getting to Aubagne, than going the Paris FdN-route. You will pay a bit more for flights, but it is worth it. You will need proof of current employment/university enrollment or something like that, basically something that shows that you have something to come back to and finally proof that you have enough income to last your stay, budget on 50 Euros a day."

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Great thank you man.. I will try that as that is what I've heard aswell. Hopefully there will be no hiccups along the way

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
Howzit china, I'm the token Rhodie, not sure about the visa kak, sounds about right from the ANC gestapo. These okes in green will be able to give you the skinny bro. Keep us posted. Cheers Brian.