a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IQ test

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I have no idea, however, I can tell you that there are two tests, one that you take before you go bleu, and one which is an evaluation/test.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thank you, it’s the only thing I’m worried about
You should buy yourself a small handbook with the questions and answers in them. Once you know how it words, then they are easy enough. The only thing that I would recommend to everyone is that if they are by categories then do at least a few by every category before attacking the harder ones.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
bonne après-midi
What is the pass/fail Score for the IQ test
Cheers O.J
Hi OJ, I know that you mean well by using French. However, it should be used appropriately, bonne apres-midi is not a welcome in French as you would say good afternoon, in English. It IS however used when someone wishes someone to spend a good afternoon
ex. passe(r) une bonne apres-midi

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi OJ, I know that you mean well by using French. However, it should be used appropriately, bonne apres-midi is not a welcome in French as you would say good afternoon, in English. It IS however used when someone wishes someone to spend a good afternoon
ex. passe(r) une bonne apres-midi
My mistake thank you

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
You should buy yourself a small handbook with the questions and answers in them. Once you know how it words, then they are easy enough. The only thing that I would recommend to everyone is that if they are by categories then do at least a few by every category before attacking the harder ones.
That’s what I do with my French

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Hello Officerjames24,
as I remember the pass score for the IQ test was 30%. There are 3 parts: logic, mathematics and shapes.
Please note that my information is three years old so it is not reliable.
And remember this quote "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
Good luck!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Not exactly in this case (intelligence test),.IQ test is designed so it would be same for everyone with or without education or practice. To be honest I believe one can increase IQ with exercise for few points. Nothing fancy.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Cheers mate, and 99 percent training 1 percent lucky
I'm not sure that i agree with your odds, but no matter. The fact that you will be coming from such a long way away, is an advantage, as is the fact that most Kiwis do well for themselves in the legion.
Thanks for clarifying the pass rate Rashisan.
One thing that is worth noting is the higher the score, the more available the courses. For example you will be noted noted out of 20, You need to have (I think) at least 8 to be in the legion. For certain courses you have to have an above average IQ, such as medic & transmission. You may say to yourself that you don't fancy being a medic or a radio Op. I would recommend that you take every course that you can get.

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure that i agree with your odds, but no matter. The fact that you will be coming from such a long way away, is an advantage, as is the fact that most Kiwis do well for themselves in the legion.
Thanks for clarifying the pass rate Rashisan.
One thing that is worth noting is the higher the score, the more available the courses. For example you will be noted noted out of 20, You need to have (I think) at least 8 to be in the legion. For certain courses you have to have an above average IQ, such as medic & transmission. You may say to yourself that you don't fancy being a medic or a radio Op. I would recommend that you take every course that you can get.
At the goal is to just be a baggie, (it’s kiwi slang for grunt

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Don't tell them that at Aubagne, say something like: I hope to go as far as possible in my career. Because there is no shortages of grunts, and saying that that is your goal makes it look as though you will be a hanger-on, someone who will be happy to be ordered around without taking any initiative.

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
pass score for the IQ test was 30%.
wow that is really low ! does this say something of the quality of recruits they get? I would have thought 50% & maybe a bit higher for some jobs. A monkey could reach 30%.