a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any similar experience to that in your country?

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Oh well, the legion doesn’t seem to bad at all, then, comparable with that lot.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Oh well, the legion doesn’t seem to bad at all, then, comparable with that lot.
Thrid World countries when it comes to human rights can be a bit lacking. Now it's much better some beatings here and there nothing too insane... But a few decades ago was a bit deadly... even there are a momunemt for those cadet that died during training....
When i was reading about the Falklands war as a kid, i saw a few history books that said that Argentinian soldiers were thankful to be POW, because they were being threated much better and being fed. As a kid i was thinking that it was just British propagada.
Few years after that i was able to met few veterans, NCO and conscript that did end being POWs did agree with the history books, some officers were ruthless to their own people and being a POW was much better.....

Sadly, thi is true http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ied-raped-starved-soldiers-Falklands-War.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
Man, in a documentary about la legion when I saw the dorm where the legionnaires sleep and the bathroom attached to it, that's by no exaggeration literally cleaner than a general's bathroom and a general's bedroom inside a military camp in Egypt. I mean cleaning that bathroom? WITH ALL MY HEART much better than cleaning a third world bathroom. It's really dirty and disgusting. The accommodation in la legion is 5 stars compared to our army's :ROFLMAO:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

No, that is not true! That is clear propaganda wanting to show Brits as good guys and Argentinians as evil bastards.
I'm not saying that any bad shit did not happen on Argentinian side, but this article is so ... :) A mean, it's funny if someone believe every word of it.

Yeah there is some really bad thing that can happen in long wars with a lot of emotions and little control involved, but Falkland conflict, nooo? 2 months and nature of conflict are simply not enough for really bad war related things to happen on some larger scale.

Please don't be naive and believe this BS. its F-ing Daily Mail ! They will do anything for clicks or to sell paper.

Yes, of course there was strong Argentinian propaganda at the time, but what makes you think that Brits were speaking truth and nothing but the truth?

I mean, we can discuss this subject more if you are interested.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
While is true that there is a lot click bait by the news papers, sadly what they wrote there are facts, in fact they are even right with the cases going to the court. There were a lot of abuse that were done by the officers. Like i said, as a kid i used to tought it was pure propaganda, but once you talk with different veretans and 90% agree that there were abuses, that become hard facts. That was a dark part in the history Argentina, a lot of mistake were made during the Dictadura, we are paying a lot of those mistakes even today.
That war was the biggest mistake done by the Junta, and a lot people died needlessly, a lot of PTSD(both sides), a lot of suicides(both sides). Thanks to a drunk guy that knew he was losing power. So what they do? Start a war against a NATO country, invading a pair of islands that the natives want nothing to do with Argentina and worst of all, you send conscripts from the north(HOT weather) with little as 3 weeks of training.... They had to keep a lot of the profesional armed forces in Argentina because they were afraid of an invasion from Chile and attacks by British spec ops ... Talk about bad planing...
I had so much arguments and punishment back when i was in Army because of this....
But If we ignore the history and the mistake that people made in the past we are prone to make them again and again.

Remember that during the 70s and 80s, the biggest hobby in South America was parachuthing without a parachute....

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
OK it's your country and you know thing better than me. We had similar situation during 90s. There's a lot of propaganda on our side. They told us that everything in western media is pure lie. Of course a lot of it wasn't lie, but watching from today's perspective i could say that they lied to. Especially CNN. Now in age of internet and after their dirty ani-Trump campaign it's easy to notice that they like to lie to.

Its I guess same with Falklands. You can just take one side (British) and accepted as absolutely. Yes Argentina at the time lied much more, but other side have their lies to.

I'm sure some abuses did happened, Army wasn't prepared, not trained enough, not professional enough, probably hungry because of bad planning so yes, shit happens. But way in which the article is written makes me to bi highly doubtful in its truthfulness. I maen " Nazi-sympathising Argentine officers beat, crucified, raped and starved their own soldiers"
An than couple case of Jews being molested. How many of Jews there is in Argentina?

I think it's at least over exaggerated

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thrid World countries when it comes to human rights can be a bit lacking. Now it's much better some beatings here and there nothing too insane... But a few decades ago was a bit deadly... even there are a momunemt for those cadet that died during training....
When i was reading about the Falklands war as a kid, i saw a few history books that said that Argentinian soldiers were thankful to be POW, because they were being threated much better and being fed. As a kid i was thinking that it was just British propagada.
Few years after that i was able to met few veterans, NCO and conscript that did end being POWs did agree with the history books, some officers were ruthless to their own people and being a POW was much better.....

Sadly, thi is true http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ied-raped-starved-soldiers-Falklands-War.html

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Some Argentine members of the Armed Forces fought with considerable gallantry. Their Air Force and Marines were worthy opponents. Sadly the Army was mainly conscript and their officers were frequently vindictive and cruel to their subordinates. Punishments for what officer's considered to be minor infringements by their men, who were not so well trained, were despicable. Yes, it is true that many were only too keen to surrender. Who can blame them after the indifference shown to them by their superiors in rank.

I had friends there.

Finally their opposition were crack units from the SAS, SBS, Paras, RM Cdos, Gurkhas and eventually the Guards.

The dead and wounded from both sides should be given respect without recrimination .

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Conscription in my opinion, is nothing more than forced labour, slavery,if you prefer
They eat a large part of the Défense budget. ..(when the Chef decides to give them their rations (joke...but not far from the truth )
Having to use conscripts as a defence force. ..Defend what ?
A corrupt, paranoid, egocentric, narcissique hiérarchie ? Scared to shits of loosing their hold on all things, nice ? No évolution with out a révolution, so the saying goes
Argentine, Egypt, Russia and previously, The France. ..
Several things that do not make a democracy, in my opinion and mines alone
Clergy, Aristrocracy and Héritage (the son of the General will become a General)

Last edited:

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
The dead and wounded from both sides should be given respect without recrimination .

The Junta made a big mess, they were not thinking with their brains but their whisky bottles... They had a lot of problems in the country and their best plan was to invade an island that belongs to a NATO Country???
My father and grandfather at the time were part of the Air Force (NCOs) they were sent to differnt parts of the south of Argentina, because their superior were really afraid of an Attack from Chile and saboteurs from the British. The force was fragmented even more the army... A lot of conscript were sent there and i agree with Le Petit caporal, conscript is a fancy word for slave work....

The picture below was taken in 2017, Former SAS Roy fonseca and Former CA 601, Francisco Altamirano. Roy was prisioner of the CA 601 for brief moment before the Argentinian surrender... After the Argentinian surrender, Francisco gave his beret to Roy as a token... 35 years later Roy gave back the beret to Francisco.

This current government is slowly fixing the issues with the falklands (Unlike the last one...)

Dusaboss: Argentina has the biggest Jew community in South America, the #3 in the American continent and #7 in the World. So yes, Argentina has a lot of Jews. In fact most of the newspapers and media is owned by them.

Attachments

• 207957_1.jpg
    207957_1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 6

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Remember this. ..you hear me all ?

You are only slave to your self !

Some one and beuaracricie tried to oblige you

For your country's intrest !

Who are a bunch of fuds. ..and more

Fight for your belives

Your hunger and needs will guide you

Do not be succumed

Endure and become hardened

Face facts

You will never match the Kardishans
(true story)

Never forget where you came from. ..it's your motor
Never forget where you want to go to. ..it's your turbo
Never forget where you are. ..it's your lanterne
Never forget where you have been. .. (if not all the previous means fuque all)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
. So yes, Argentina has a lot of Jews. In fact most of the newspapers and media is owned by them.

Who will guess that? :) I mean both things. I mean I'm truly surprised that there is a lot Jews in Argentina, and I'm sarcastically "surprised" that they own most of the newspapers and media.

They had a lot of problems in the country and their best plan was to invade an island that belongs to a NATO Country???
Similar happened in my country in 99th. But I really don't understand way of thinking of people in power in Serbia (Slobodan Milošević and band ). Conflict with NATO just accelerated their downfall. I don't know, maybe they thought that NATO won't bomb Serbia, or that Russians would help (and Russians were on the lowest level of power ever in 99th).
I do not understand their way of thinking at the time. Maybe power hit them in heads so hard that they thought they (we-Serbia) will win war against NATO alone. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Russia can not helpSerbia but Serbia can maybe, help Serbia
We surround Serbia and Russia has not the Tchekniknology or capacity
I do not even go into the, produit intérieur brut
Russia has a lesser P.I.B. than Spain (gaz we have and gaz we can buy. ..we do not need Russia. ...and for the Serbes ?
Who are the Serbes ?
Them who sell up and dessert their house, village, town and city, to find a certain comfort amongst us europeans ?

You are from a small village, true
You are from a small country with out alliés, true
You post a lot of pish, true

Have a nice war, Thecknic

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
First man to reach Mars will be a Jew
Take the bet now @ 5/1
Hahah Maybe he wouldn't be a Jew but media would present him as such, for sure. :)

Considering current development in the world I think that it's more likely that first man on Mars would be black Muslim gay- women. :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Russia has a lesser P.I.B. than Spain (gaz we have and gaz we can buy.)?

Yes, but Russia don't show all of its income and weaponry spending on paper as all western nations do. So according to your statement you think that Spain (on its own) can wage a successful war against Russia?!? :)

As for gas, when you say "we" I guess you think about EU. And no, unfortunately EU can't find better gas than one coming from Russia. Whether or not you like that or not (or me, BTW to you already decided my geo-political view)

Who are the Serbes ?
Them who sell up and dessert their house, village, town and city, to find a certain comfort amongst us europeans ?
You are from a small village, true
You are from a small country with out alliés, true
You post a lot of pish, true

Everything true, I have to admit. So you like more Africans and Middle Easterns coming to EU without anyone knowing who there were before coming to Europe? Good luck with that.

Have a nice war, Thecknic

Why not? There is many wars impose to us in past. One new, more or less. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nothing true, just fact
Africa intrest (US), before Serbia
Moral of the équation
Leave Africa to (US) and Serbia to. ...who ever wants you (maybe, the Esklimos. ..but then again, what have Pengouins done to humanity that haven't the Serbes?
Think about it, 2 secs
(No delay accorded)

Post Schitum :

UNPROFOR rules, ok
according to me
Might or might not explain what i mean by that (you are to young to understand. ..see, Old vs Young thread)

Post Shitum Extra
Srbski imposés war on (US)...fact

My flat feet. ..i blamed it on my parents
I blamed it on the Legion, even
Then i blamed it on the USSR
Now, it's your fault
And am going to take my case to the United Nations
because there ain't no cure for the summer time blues

Last edited:

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Nothing true, just fact
UNPROFOR
I was a kid during that period, my uncle and a few fathers of my friends went with the UNPROFOR. As a kid we didn't really grasp what was going there or why someone from Argentina had to go there. The only thing that we did care that after their tour they came back and gave bought us a lot of stuff.
Oddly enough some fathers came with more money than others... even if they had the same rank at the time....

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Yeah, the dosh (money)
Should of been happy with that
Add to the fact, i won 50,000 french francs on my 7 day leave (passed in France at Xmas. ..new year in Sarajevo and the 7th (explaing needs)
Bought my self a Toyota Celica 2lt GT twin cam 78 lift back, dig? (collection) All original, except the paint..brown Téflon and copper wheels
Said before
This dude has class. ..spread the word

During my time in Sarajevo and the rest. ..
Was a kid
His name was Igor Panic (Rogi, if you prefer)
Was 9 years auld, at the time
Lived in Drobinja
Faces the aéroport, where we were based
In between : a Tcheknik check point
They control evrything
2 or 3 times à week, we delivered humanitarian Aid to Dobrinja
His 4 th floor appartement was facing no mans land
Full of impacts. ...heavy shells etc
Have plenty of photos
Lost his father first week of the war, more or less
Mother was a tidy blond. ..widow
Evry thing was sacred at that time (93/94)
I asked my Mother (had no news or given either for at least 7 or 8 years)

To send to me @ UNPROFOR SP
parka,quilted coat (addidas)
Shoes (addidas avenger)
Track suit (addidas)

Evry trip
I took off my kelvar protection and gas mask
Replaced with sugar, café and rations
A l époque ; 1 kilo of kawa = 50 deutch marks
Still have his adresse
Life was worth living à l'époque. @ least for UNPROFOR
What a trip !

The big Andy

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Leave Africa to (US) and Serbia to. ...who ever wants you (maybe, the Esklimos. ..but then again, what have Pengouins done to humanity that haven't the Serbes?

At least we have more or less free country. How much is Scotland under English rule? 400 years? OK that's it union not occupation. :) Paaat! It's forbidden to spoke in that manner in world ruled by US-England.
Maybe is some conspiracy in my crazy head, but look I again having dispute with Google translate. Look: :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Englezi.PNG
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ewan Mcgregor described really nicely here. :)

Similar Union Milišević wanted to make out of ex-Yu. Union in which everybody would be equal, but Serbs would be bit more equal then others with him as undisputed ruler (new TITO). Us you saw first hand, other had little disagreements with that idea (who can guess that? :))