Joining FFL under 18

Ratings
1 1 1
Home Country
Bulgaria
I tried looking through the forum for answers but couldn’t find anything specific to this:

I’m turning 17 on 8/8/2019 , I’m a Bulgarian national living in Uk since 2014.

I have finished my compulsory education and have a gcse qualification in French and Bulgarian.

Trying to join as soon as possible as my family situation seems to be getting worse and will be getting kicked out after legally being able to live alone. Currently getting a job and earn enough to support myself and get enough for rent / food / travel / ticket to France

I have good level of fitness , been going boxing for a year and half and am able to run 3km under 11 mins , I can do about 11 pull ups in good form , I weight at 67kg and have a height of 172cm. Hopefully grow more in year. Will continue train and get better physical form

I’ll be unable to get my parent signature required document , I’m in possession of passport and my national identity card (Bulgarian) , birth certificate (in Bulgarian) what documents are required to join under 18 and is it possible without parental consent under circumstance ?

Unsure about my future and where I might end up, will that be enough when applying for the legion and will that be enough to join ? Considering all my options but it looks like pulling straws.

Sorry for the structure as written on mobile, and thank you for answer

Last edited:
Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
With out one or both of your parents signature, you can not apply
Take the extra year to get fitter
Birth certificat, passport and or your national identity card is more than enougth proof for the Legion
Practice as much french as you can, it will help
Avoid drugs, booze and quit smoking (if you do smoke. ..you can t afford it)
Keep away from scum and stay clean, even if you end up on the streets

Ratings
1 1 1
Home Country
Bulgaria
With out one or both of your parents signature, you can not apply
Take the extra year to get fitter
Birth certificat, passport and or your national identity card is more than enougth proof for the Legion
Practice as much french as you can, it will help
Avoid drugs, booze and quit smoking (if you do smoke. ..you can t afford it)
Keep away from scum and stay clean, even if you end up on the streets
Thanks , will do . Can’t afford to giving up on this .

Ratings
Home Country
Bulgaria
Здравей българче :)
Hello Bulgarian fella,
think twice and wise why you will go there. If you have another opportunity in UK do not miss it. I think if you have at least 5 years living in UK you can apply for their military forces.
Good luck in your pathways!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
807 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Здравей българче
The legion is French army and has to follow the rules. Although I admire that you are willing to join at 17, you will have to wait until you are 18, that's the rules. Use the time to get yourself fit and to learn as much French as possible.

For the Hello in Bulgarian I just copied and pasted rashisan.

Ratings
1 1 1
Home Country
Bulgaria
Мерси за саветите !
Thank you for all the advice !
I will continue training and get a job for when I get kicked.

Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
SlatkaRakija,

Welcome to the forum. Continue with your education, even by going to night school. Next year you will have lived in the UK for five years. Then you could consider the British Armed Forces.

The choice of course is yours and I wish you well whatever you decide.

Sixty two years ago (Yes 62) today I joined the Royal Marines at 17 and 3 weeks old. RMV202910 Mne.

Now as an 'old fart' I have various ties including SF Club, Commandos, HKP & Queens Regiment.

Most viewed threads of the week