a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Joining FFL

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Kenya
Hi guys, you can call me Bernard,am one guy looking to forward to join FFL soon,am doing all it takes to have all the requirements even though am not a French speaking man....My worries are all about the place to reside shortly before presenting myself to the recruitment centre .Never been in France before, neither a friend nor relative in the land,Men, I kindly request for your humble advice

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bernard,

Good luck in all your endeavours. Those in Green are the best to answer all your questions.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, Bernard and welcome to the forum
Joe Cosgrove s the mod is the man to ask about lodging before going to the gate. He has some good tips as where to eat and sleep in Aubange (that's near Marseille)
He is off line for the next couple of day's but will be back soon
Every word in french that you speak and understand will be to your advantage
Use your free time learning more
L.P.C.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Bernard,..

I doubt if you you'll be joining in the next couple of days, so there is no hurry. I haven't got myself set up office wise yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Kenya
Thanks for your concerns.....am busy trying my best to reach the minimum pull ups and running gear within the time limit,am learning french language as well,am also busy trying IQ tests as well.....am only worried about the arrival in the land foreign to me,especially accommodation before taking myself to the recruitment centre.....am aiming to arrive in france by June 2021. I will appreciate your assistence on this

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Not a problem, Bernard. In fact I have previously made public the hotel that I recommend to (until we get a negative revue) I'll republish it again later.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Kenya
Not a problem, Bernard. In fact I have previously made public the hotel that I recommend to (until we get a negative revue) I'll republish it again later.
Ok fine sir,i will contact you a month before leaving my home country(Kenya) to france for more details about accomodation including the price per day,I have dreamt to be a soldier for so long but now i think its about time.... Thank you.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Ok fine sir,i will contact you a month before leaving my home country(Kenya) to france for more details about accomodation including the price per day,I have dreamt to be a soldier for so long but now i think its about time.... Thank you.
No need for the sir, a simple Joseph or Joe will. As times are very unsure at the moment, I would wait until the French government has given the all clear for tourists to travel.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hi guys, you can call me Bernard,am one guy looking to forward to join FFL soon,am doing all it takes to have all the requirements even though am not a French speaking man....My worries are all about the place to reside shortly before presenting myself to the recruitment centre .Never been in France before, neither a friend nor relative in the land,Men, I kindly request for your humble advice
Maybe you should check it out once and see if they let you in, or throw the test.

then you can go home with two tries left and see what works best for you.

maybe doing it one shot and you fail will leave you with nothing. So try and give yourself legs so you have a box to stand on.

Attachments

• 34376FEC-73C3-4CC5-9F13-0DC78CF4A892.jpeg
    34376FEC-73C3-4CC5-9F13-0DC78CF4A892.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 0

Most viewed threads of the week