a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

joining in december

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
good evening all.

I have my flys booked for the end of december and hotel booked. what are you trips for joining, i’m bloody nervous about it and can’t wait to walk into those gates!

cheers for your time
OJ

Good on you man! Focus on the work you've put on it. If you feel prepared, just stay calm have faith and don't hold anything back during selection, be the best you. Good luck!

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
RE the screen name , have you been an Army or Police officer ?

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Officerjames 24,

Keep calm, think positive and give it your best shot. It will be mind over matter.
I remember how nervous I was ! It is perfectly normal.
"Bonne chance."
I’m glad to hear it’s normal, my
heart was racing when i booked the tickets

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
good evening all.

I have my flys booked for the end of december and hotel booked. what are you trips for joining, i’m bloody nervous about it and can’t wait to walk into those gates!

cheers for your time
OJ
Hello,
Where are you flying into and where is the hotel? End of December or beginning of January 2022? Well hope you have all the ducks lined up from your end and put yourself in the best position possible to get accepted.

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello,
Where are you flying into and where is the hotel? End of December or beginning of January 2022? Well hope you have all the ducks lined up from your end and put yourself in the best position possible to get accepted.
I fly out on the 27 and i’ll be knocking on the gate in the 1 january 2021, I’m certain i have everything lined up to help me get accepted

Attachments

• E29739D1-912D-4F0F-826A-42C4F8BD7AFF.png
    E29739D1-912D-4F0F-826A-42C4F8BD7AFF.png
    642.6 KB · Views: 5

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
There's a police officer in NZ who was a member of the GCP for a number of years. You may want to look him up.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I fly out on the 27 and i’ll be knocking on the gate in the 1 january 2021, I’m certain i have everything lined up to help me get accepted
How times change think I had to borrow a few quid to get over then it was a night on a window sill mind you after a bottle of 501 you could sleep anywhere.

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
How times change think I had to borrow a few quid to get over then it was a night on a window sill mind you after a bottle of 501 you could sleep anywhere.
my flights are 3,500, also 264 for two nights at a hotel, i have never left the Country

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Taikato, is the name of the police officer, If I haven't spelt his name wrong.
thank you, I’m going to need a lot of luck
No you're not. I would recommend a crash course on my playlist, : job offer legionnaire.
Also you have a check list of what to take with you. Have you checked out the plugs?
Do you know how to get from the air port to your hotel? Do NOT take a taxi. You will have 3 days to reconnoiter how to get to F de Nogent from you hotel. Do NOT turn up in a taxi.

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
okay noted, I believe the hotel is 25 minutes drive to the fort. I have completed a checklist for the legion, I have that legion app made by legion stories. thank you joseph

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I stand corrected on the taxi from the airport. Make sure that you confirm you reservation with the hotel and let them know what time you flight arrives. Have the hotel written down on a piece of paper in your folder (which you will will find under Job offer: the one that got away.)
F@ck, I'm as excited about this as you are.

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I stand corrected on the taxi from the airport. Make sure that you confirm you reservation with the hotel and let them know what time you flight arrives. Have the hotel written down on a piece of paper in your folder (which you will will find under Job offer: the one that got away.)
F@ck, I'm as excited about this as you are.
my travel agent has secured it for me. The hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport. I’m really excited and nervous, It will be my first time out of New Zealand. also would 0700 be a good time to knock on the gates?
thank you for your time joseph

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
my travel agent has secured it for me. The hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport. I’m really excited and nervous, It will be my first time out of New Zealand. also would 0700 be a good time to knock on the gates?
thank you for your time joseph
I'd make it around 10 o'clock, it gives you enough time to have a big breakfast and then do some loosening up exercises. Don't forgot that the January 01 202 2, everyone will have a hang over, give them a little time to get over it.
BTW, I did a video, which gives the history of Vauban's Forts around Paris, you might like to check it out, at least you'll know why it is there.
I repeat, do NOT get a taxi to the fort. Go on the metro, you have got 3 days in which to find the place.