JOINING Joining with Medical Rhinoplasty made 2 years ago.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Costa Rica
I had both Laser Eye surgery and Rhinoplasty at the same time for medical reasons and not cosmetic 2 years ago.
I know already that for the eye procedure you are good to go after a year but I've never heard anything about the nose surgery, I've had no issues or secondary effects after the surgery whatsoever.
Do I still have a chance? Is it better to bring records or just mention it ?

Thanks,
--- Esteban V.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Whats Rhinoplasty ? have you had your nose replaced with a rhino horn? watch out for poachers.

Why did you have nose surgery then?

I`d guess the only way to find out is go to France.

OP
V
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Costa Rica
Lol jaja

Nose reconstruction basically... I broke my nose a while ago pretty bad, i have no after effects or anything after the surgery, it's been 2 years now... But I was just wondering if that could be an issue.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Plenty of guys get their nose broken through boxing/brawling , so long as it does not affect your breathing and you dont need medication then I cant see why it would be a problem , I dont think they`d be worried if you are now quite ugly :)
I wouldnt mention you had extensive surgery , just say you had your nose taped up whilst it heeled if they ask what happend .

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Yep, that is what I always recommend too. Tell the buggers as little as possible about anything they can use against you. ‘ I was an amateur boxer’ might be a good explanation for the rhino, and should get you browny points as well.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
As long as you can breath ok when going over the assualt course.. Etc. Nö doubt they would have a Quick look..up yer nose. As for wearing a respirator nö one can breath properly 😂

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Estonia
Plenty of guys get their nose broken through boxing/brawling , so long as it does not affect your breathing and you dont need medication then I cant see why it would be a problem , I dont think they`d be worried if you are now quite ugly :)
I wouldnt mention you had extensive surgery , just say you had your nose taped up whilst it heeled if they ask what happend .
Good morning !

Actually I have the same problem. Im wondering do they check my nose at the medical examination ?
I had a broken nose 7 years ago, it looked like a Nike sign :D So i got the surgery, doctors smashed and broked it again, and put it back straight again.
And now my nose look again like a Nike sign after these years it sanked back to its curves... And the problem is my right side of the nose don´t breath, only left one...
Now the doctors want to make the surgery again, but im thinking do i need it ? Do they check it ? Cause I stick to my plan, to knock on the gate in august this year. :)
And I really don´t have the time for this crapp. Cause I can´t stop my training program because of the nose..
I do running and stuff and actually it doesn´t bother me at all. But I do not want to be rejected because of this small problem.

Thank you in advance !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Maks Klv,
don't think that the legion doctor is a fool. If your nose looks to have been broken in the past, of course they will check to see if you can breath correctly.

What a lot of you people do not understand, when the doctor gives you a clean bill of health, they are then liable. If you are hurt in any way because of something that the doctor did not notice, even if you have hidden it from him/her, he still responsible.
Why do you think that so many people are turned away or sent for complementary X-rays or examinations? They just cannot take the risk. And why should they when there is a room full of other candidates.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Estonia
Maks Klv,
don't think that the legion doctor is a fool. If your nose looks to have been broken in the past, of course they will check to see if you can breath correctly.

What a lot of you people do not understand, when the doctor gives you a clean bill of health, they are then liable. If you are hurt in any way because of something that the doctor did not notice, even if you have hidden it from him/her, he still responsible.
Why do you think that so many people are turned away or sent for complementary X-rays or examinations? They just cannot take the risk. And why should they when there is a room full of other candidates.
Thank you for the answer Joseph !
I guess I´m going to do the surgery again, the only bad thing that I lose one month of valuable time.
But if they can see, that I had surgery in past, but I have no issues with breathing etc. Can it reflect somehow on the chances to get in ? I guess there is plenty soldiers who had the surgerys in past, but they still got selected to Legion .
Maybe I´m just thinking too much :D

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Hi guys, I accidentally came across this motivational speech by a US Admiral, and I thought it was great. So I would like to share it here, whether or not at the appropriate thread. However, I reckonn this is what we should all aim for, and especially you young guys out there. If you keep that in mind you should make excellent legionnaires, and human beings in general.

Enjoy!

Actually, when the admiral told the story of one man starting singing, and lifting the spirit of everybody, I remembered a time during my training in Algeria when we were shufling along after a very long and hot walk through the hills, just wanting to get it all over with, And somebody in the ranks started singing the Westerwald song. The company were about 60% German, and soon everybody had new springs in their steps and were singing along as well. I remember the German sergeant walking alongside me laughing and joining in. And me too even though I didn’t know the words. I think even the French and the Italians were doing their best.

‘Durch den shønen Westerwald, ja da pfeift der Wind so kalt......’

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I accidentally came across this motivational speech by a US Admiral, and I thought it was great. So I would like to share it here, whether or not at the appropriate thread. However, I reckonn this is what we should all aim for, and especially you young guys out there. If you keep that in mind you should make excellent legionnaires, and human beings in general.

Enjoy!
Yeah.. Jonny that's got me all fired up 😄

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Lol jaja

Nose reconstruction basically... I broke my nose a while ago pretty bad, i have no after effects or anything after the surgery, it's been 2 years now... But I was just wondering if that could be an issue.
I would not bring up the nose surgery at all. You probably breathe better now, I know I did after I had the same surgery. Also, the eye surgery, they may see the scarring of eye tissue when they do a complete eye exam, not the color blindness test of the look at the chart test.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States

Enjoy!

Actually, when the admiral told the story of one man starting singing, and lifting the spirit of everybody, I remembered a time during my training in Algeria when we were shufling along after a very long and hot walk through the hills, just wanting to get it all over with, And somebody in the ranks started singing the Westerwald song. The company were about 60% German, and soon everybody had new springs in their steps and were singing along as well. I remember the German sergeant walking alongside me laughing and joining in. And me too even though I didn’t know the words. I think even the French and the Italians were doing their best.

Very good speech and yes Cadence running or humping gets you through, helps you to breathe and takes your mind away from what is happening.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea

Enjoy!

Und der Lisa Und der Hans
Aber annoiyng, aber annoying ,me thinks
Drinking in Here am stoned
Eine in pfieffer das wind ze kalt