Joining

Ratings
Home Country
India
Hello All,

My name is Malcolm and always wanted to join the Legion. Looking for advice on how to get there and about the life in Legion.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
354 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Greetings and welcome to forum.

Looking for advice on how to get there .
Just keep north-west from Mumbai. Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, Bulgaria, Serbia (here you may take a break. I will make you cup of tea.) than Croatia, Slovenia, Italy and you'll be in France in ... depends on your walking speed... about two years.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
213 3
Home Country
Norway
Hi Malcolm,

Just out of curiosity, what do you know about the legion and how did you find out about it? And why do you want to join its ranks? What do you think your life in the legion will be like,compared to for instance to what your life is like now?

I’m not trying to pry on you or anything, I’m just curious.

As for your questions, try checking with the French consulate in Mumbai, and expect life in the legion not to be a lot of fun, especially the farm life!

Definitely not giving advice!

Ratings
364 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ironmax- Malcolm.

Welcome to the forum and Jai Hind. You have some excellent regiments and the Jawans are excellent. Or I could say; Usque izaart bahaut atcha hai Shabash . Have you thought of joining them ?
Kiswasti Ap Legion monkta hai ?

Regards from a bahaut budda Gora Sahib.

Ratings
Home Country
India
Ironmax- Malcolm.

Welcome to the forum and Jai Hind. You have some excellent regiments and the Jawans are excellent. Or I could say; Usque izaart bahaut atcha hai Shabash . Have you thought of joining them ?
Kiswasti Ap Legion monkta hai ?

Regards from a bahaut budda Gora Sahib.
Hi Chas,
I always wanted to join the Legion since my younger days. Indian Army is good, not I don't qualify for them. Beside pay is terrible. I don't speak Indian language to well and don't understand it mostly. Sorry.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
354 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hi Chas,
I always wanted to join the Legion since my younger days. Indian Army is good, not I don't qualify for them. Beside pay is terrible. I don't speak Indian language to well and don't understand it mostly. Sorry.
Haha. that's interesting. I'm mean, I'm not a Idiot (hope so ;)). I know that there is many languages and dialects spoken in India. BTW what the language you speak?

Story Chas, your try to impress this young man was a failure. ;)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
354 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Chas you always trying to convince young men to join their country's armies first. Never did that with me. :(

You've always been so cruel to me. :cry:

I'm joking of course :). I kinda like you, you old former !!! Royal Marine commando.

Last edited:
Ratings
Home Country
India
Haha. that's interesting. I'm mean, I'm not a Idiot (hope so ;)). I know that there is many languages and dialects spoken in India. BTW what the language you speak?

Story Chas, your try to impress this young man was a failure. ;)
I speak English only. Tried learning other Indian languages in the past, but failed.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
354 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I speak English only. Tried learning other Indian languages in the past, but failed.
I thought that all Indians spoke at least some sort of native language, but man learns something new everyday.

Ratings
364 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ironmax, Malcolm.

Just to assist the cheeky young Dusaboss but not for you and purely out of interest.
I stated Long live India and (Jawans) soldiers, were excellent, I then went on to state that regimental pride was excellent. I then asked why did you want to join the FFL.

Finally I signed off as an Old Horse Sahib.

Horse Sahib was the term for an officer since they rode on horses while the soldiers marched.

Now I would detail Dusaboss to march behind the horse with a bucket. This would give me brownie points since I would give the results to the Colonel's wife to put on her roses.

So snivelling would pay off and Dusa would become a 'merde' collector, all in a good cause.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Ratings
242 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

My name is Malcolm and always wanted to join the Legion. Looking for advice on how to get there and about the life in Legion.
Get to France try and get to Paris google the address or look on Legion website good luck.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
213 3
Home Country
Norway
Well, mostly, I’m curious about how it seems that every young man in the world, regardless where he lives, seems to know something about the legion, and have high regards of it. I have checked it out myself many times, in many countries, and the answers are always the same, regardless of the age of the boy or man, colour or creed:

The attached pic is of Swedish machine gunner by legion name Smith, 2 REP, Algeria abt 1959.

490620A0-D7D4-4F1B-8451-D125A27E48FF.jpeg It is very special, and I admire it, or something to that effect.

Or in other words, the legion is special.

Last edited:

Most viewed threads of the week