a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created my own YouTube channel

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yes that is correct. Which will explain why have I have been reasonably absent this week. It turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would be.
It's called Joe's Hob Hunter's Channel. It gives people the chance to upload their own videos. I got the idea from the Aussi tourist Board when they published a job offer for 'the best job in the world'. You had to send in a video to explain why you were the best candidate for the job. It is at the time of writing this, 3 hours old, although I will start it off by publishing a video of myself tomorrow.
Here is the link to it:

Please like ▶ and share

Last edited:

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey Joseph Cosgrove,

Check out alternative video platforms as well. I highly recommend bitchute.com . You have more creative freedom on bitchute, and it doesn't hurt to have presence on multiple platforms.

You really need a better quality microphone. It will exponentially appreciate your production value, and your current microphone doesn't do your voice justice. Great start on creating a YT channel!

I admit at first I thought you were specializing in infosec/cybersecurity. After I watched the 2nd video on your channel I realized you meant a completely different branch of security specialization.

Which French speaking African country would you prefer to live and work in Joe?

*edit* It really irked me that you didn't have an "ad blocker" extension installed on your chrome browser, but then again you could have a DNS sinkhole or network firewall that does it. Just in case the latter is true, I highly suggest "uBlock Origin" adblock extension on chrome.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
*edit* It really irked me that you didn't have an "ad blocker" extension installed on your chrome browser, but then again you could have a DNS sinkhole or network firewall that does it. Just in case the latter is true, I highly suggest "uBlock Origin" adblock extension on chrome.
I'm sorry, you've lost me there. As for going on multiple channels, no thanks, I've got my cards cut out with the forum and now youtube. I only realised this afternoon, that if one of the 13 people who checked out my channel wanted to, they could not leave a comment because I had ticked that it was for children. Not understanding the difference, the way I looked at it there was nothing offensif that would require adult supervision etc. I've since put amends to the problem
I realize that the sound is no good, but for the moment, I'm sticking to the basics. Tomorrow is when I will try and get myself noticed. It's still early, It's not even a day old.
As for which country I would like to work (not live), it doesn't matter in the slightest to me.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm sorry, you've lost me there. As for going on multiple channels, no thanks, I've got my cards cut out with the forum and now youtube. I only realised this afternoon, that if one of the 13 people who checked out my channel wanted to, they could not leave a comment because I had ticked that it was for children. Not understanding the difference, the way I looked at it there was nothing offensif that would require adult supervision etc. I've since put amends to the problem
I realize that the sound is no good, but for the moment, I'm sticking to the basics. Tomorrow is when I will try and get myself noticed. It's still early, It's not even a day old.
As for which country I would like to work (not live), it doesn't matter in the slightest to me.

It's an extension that will improve your internet browsing experience. It blocks the majority of those pesky ads, popups, etc, and will add another layer of security.

I didn't mean any offense. It just brought up some terrible memories of fixing my friends' and relatives' computers that were riddled with malware, viruses that were installed via popups :LOL:

Just in case you change your mind about bitchute.
You can setup a configuration to where every time you upload to YouTube your mirrored channel on bitchute also updates automatically.

I thought the disabled comment section was intentional.

well... time to go out to do some chores and work the land in 40°C weather.... I might as well be living in Africa :ROFLMAO:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

It's an extension that will improve your internet browsing experience. It blocks the majority of those pesky ads, popups, etc, and will add another layer of security.

I didn't mean any offense. It just brought up some terrible memories of fixing my friends' and relatives' computers that were riddled with malware, viruses that were installed via popups :LOL:

Just in case you change your mind about bitchute.
You can setup a configuration to where every time you upload to YouTube your mirrored channel on bitchute also updates automatically.

I thought the disabled comment section was intentional.

well... time to go out to do some chores and work the land in 40°C weather.... I might as well be living in Africa :ROFLMAO:
No offence was taken. I'll take a look at what your suggesting tomorrow, I've just posted the first part of a trilogy called my pitch, a major mission believe me. I'll leave a link in case, just in case, someone should like to leave a like :cool:

click here ▶ to leave a like

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Wow...hmmm.....a sloth huh?:D Well with the explanation you gave, I think that's not a bad choice at all...on a serious note, it makes sense for the security sector... methodic.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I am hoping to put out the final episode tomorrow, After that it will be PowerPoint slideshow on Burkina Faso, No talking, hopefully giving an idea of what I am capable of doing. The slide show is already done. I've just got to get my way through the third act before the curtain is drawn.

By the way why didn't you leave that same comment on my channel? :oops::unsure:,
;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I have just learned how to replace the mike on my computer with my cell phone. (I kid you not). The quality is ten fold. Hopefully I'll be able to put out a video tomorrow about scammers and sounding a lot clearer.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
1601170840684.png

Hi guys, yes I've just posted another video on my "Joe's Job Hunter's channel".
I had taken jwaltos' advice and posted one on creating a CV. So this is the follow up called cover Letters, above is the thumbnail to the video with the title of Cover letters. Because it's a thumb nail, it looks slightly out of focus.
However the album and post-its is my doing, basically trying to show off what I'm capable of doing on Powerpoint.
I've put my own letter in there in the off chance that someone may need a French speaking security manager.
I will be doing (as shown) a couple more videos along the same line with the final one called lettre de motivation with my trusty assistant Erika's help.
If there's enough enthusiasm I'll also include a letter to the general of the legion asking for a second chance after quitting for whatever reason.
So as it's Sunday, check out YouTube.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Guys whoever hasn't checked out my channel, take the time over the weekend to do so. I'm not asking for likes or subscribers, just that if you know of anyone who is looking for a job then pass it along to him

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well here it (they are), in French, Job hunting letters. You will have to go to the channel to view them. I've got to admit that I've learnt so much about PowerPoint while making these videos, that it makes it all worth it.

1602326844941.png

1602326980376.png

The first is St Michel and the second is the Champs Elysee.

The You Tube Channel is called : Joe's Job Hunter's Channel and the video is titled "Cover letters in French".

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Nice work Joe!
One of my hobbies has been keeping in touch with advances in technology..just waiting for that "singularity" to occur. Anyway, for some background reading "2600" is a decent read and many of the past issues have applicable content for anyone with a computer. Schneier on Security is another site I look at semi-regularly..things like boosting a car via the MP3/4 player..advances since Stuxnet ..etc.. Looks like you're in a niche market so you're in a position to monetize some of your sweat equity.
Cheers.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Nice work Joe!
One of my hobbies has been keeping in touch with advances in technology..just waiting for that "singularity" to occur. Anyway, for some background reading "2600" is a decent read and many of the past issues have applicable content for anyone with a computer. Schneier on Security is another site I look at semi-regularly..things like boosting a car via the MP3/4 player..advances since Stuxnet ..etc.. Looks like you're in a niche market so you're in a position to monetize some of your sweat equity.
Cheers.
Thanks mate! It's always good to get a little praise :). As you can see, the forum is pretty dead at the moment. It's always good to hear from the anciens.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It's there lads, THE video. It's called working from home.

1603541027606.png

Enjoy it, it took me a whole week to put together.