a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created my own YouTube channel

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
As promised the first part in my google classrooms lesson on IQ training.

remember to check it out (if you want to) on Youtube.

Here is the link to go to for the classroom :

There is obviously more info in the classroom version.
I thought it best to add the word secrets to the title, I don't want to frighten anyone. :eek:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Next up is the IQ test, I think I'll throw in a couple of logic questions (with the answers o_O) as I know that some of you run a mile, or 1.6 Km at the mention of tests. I'm just curious how many of you have retained the phrase travel is a word ? No idea what I'm talking about? Then I suggest that you go back and watch the video IQ test secrets.:rolleyes:
Actually, I can't complain because it's all good training for me. The idea is once I get to a job to be able to put out a security briefing which the 'audience' will remember.
There is the other side too, the idea of helping out our replacements (to get in :)) means it's worth it.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Next up is the IQ test, I think I'll throw in a couple of logic questions (with the answers o_O) as I know that some of you run a mile, or 1.6 Km at the mention of tests. I'm just curious how many of you have retained the phrase travel is a word ? No idea what I'm talking about? Then I suggest that you go back and watch the video IQ test secrets.:rolleyes:
Actually, I can't complain because it's all good training for me. The idea is once I get to a job to be able to put out a security briefing which the 'audience' will remember.
There is the other side too, the idea of helping out our replacements (to get in :)) means i
There is the other side too, the idea of helping out our replacements (to get in :)) means it's worth it.
when

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
When we were young I'm thinking we were 9? We learned that but we called it TAS (that means bag in Afrikaans and we remembered it cause you needed a bag to travel) it stood for tyd(time) afstand (distance) and spoed(speed) and that's probably one of the only formulas I remember from maths lol šŸ˜‚

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Which is all well and good, but the rule is Spoed is gelyk aan afstand oor tyd or for those who are not as fluent in Afrikaans as Saffie 123 and myself google translate, means Speed equals distance over time. It is worth remembering.

Here's another tip:
How to measure that height of a chimney or a tree that you have to fell (chop down) or blow up.

Two methods :

1614218717085.png

Actually that was just me playing at silly c@nts. There is another method using a spirit level and a telescopic sight

1614219144692.png
it's the bubble on the right that you use. Of course not everyone carries around a keyring spirit level with them.

1614218553601.png
nothing better to do cropped.pngWTF are you talking about ? No-one carries around a protractor with them either?
You're not going to tell me that you haven't got a square piece of paper that you can fold in half ?
Where is the Night Jumper !?

I'll hopefully bring out my next IQ tests secrets on Sunday. It won't include the above slide as that has nothing to do with IQ.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Not my best to date, animation wise, I was more concentrated on getting the google classrooms ready. If you are learning French, then I suggest that you check it out, the classrooms that is.
Depending on how many people check out my classrooms, I'll hopefully put out a quiz on the two videos,
chef, J'ai mal + part 2.

nothing better to do cropped.png Don't forget to open this in YouTube

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
For those of you who don't bother to checkout all the thread's (or participate in any form whatsoever) "The Amazing Ryan" has just Applied to join the forum
post ā–¶ļø#166 :love::ROFLMAO:
nothing better to do cropped.png WTF, that low life scamming @#$%$#@# He's been trying to rip people off for $20 a time !

Easy grumpy Cch, I said applied, I didn't say that he's been accepted.
Here is the video that I posted with him in it. It is without doubt my most successful video to date. As always to be watched on Youtube.
It was early days as the video content shows:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Not my best to date, animation wise, I was more concentrated on getting the google classrooms ready. If you are learning French, then I suggest that you check it out, the classrooms that is.
Depending on how many people check out my classrooms, I'll hopefully put out a quiz on the two videos,
chef, J'ai mal + part 2.

View attachment 6826 Don't forget to open this in YouTube

Well judging by the number of people who checked out my google classrooms lesson (which included the audio ;) ) I can see that I'm wasting mine & Erika's time. On that particular adventure anyway.:coffee:.
Right I'm off to do a bit of sport.
Can anyone tell me how to say that in french?
Just as I thought.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well judging by the number of people who checked out my google classrooms lesson (which included the audio ;) ) I can see that I'm wasting mine & Erika's time. On that particular adventure anyway.:coffee:.
Right I'm off to do a bit of sport.
Can anyone tell me how to say that in french?
Just as I thought.
As I mentioned to Duncan, I thought to myself why not... here is 'Chef, Jai Mal part 2' (under a different name and a different opening page, but with the audio included.

"Don't be a Willie Wonka, be a participator"
and open it in YouTube*

*This quote - to paraphrase LPC - you first heard on here.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Remember, don't be a Willie Wonka, be a participer. When I say that it's for the challenge at the end. If any of you know of a school who teaches French, why not forward it to them?

As always, please open with youtube.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Remember, don't be a Willie Wonka, be a participer. When I say that it's for the challenge at the end. If any of you know of a school who teaches French, why not forward it to them?

As always, please open with youtube.

Hi Trecker, thanks for your thumbs up, but did you try the challenge? And where are our Nepalese friends?
And Manry ? Who has gone from asking and I quote, unquote would you say tu mangeā€™s un chein. You are eating the dog. To using full sentences if in perfect French.
Oh, and by the way, I added the question mark to your thread : Who Is On Point?

Alain is that you ? :love:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
As a complement to to my Youtube channel, I am thinking, very seriously, of creating a Facebook web site or web page or whatever it's called.
What I need is a theme. I'm thinking of basing it around Legion and French. Both individually are well covered on Facebook. But not together.
Also I'll need one or two Mods. Just to make sure that it doesn't get out of control. NO, the person does not have to be an ex-legionnaire. An interest in the French language would be a plus. Someone who knows the ins and out of Facebook would almost guarantee you place as a Mod.
You have to be willing to check out the page on a daily bases.
Anyone interested let me Know. No PMs, it's all got to be above board.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
For anyone who is interested in joining me on the Facebook adventure, I would recommend that you watch this: