a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created my own YouTube channel

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Come on gang ! Where are you? I'm thinking of, putting a a képi (blanc) with the Eiffel tower in the back ground with it's name (still to be thought of) across the the top in a half circle as it has has to be a round logo.
That should give the French lingo and the legion idea to what the page is about. It has to be kept simple so that we - me and my two Mods - can use it as a water mark.
I'll work on an idea and get back to you later.

The offer remains open until Friday evening for the two Mods.

Reminder: must be available
Not necessarily ex-legion,
Must have an interest in learning French,
Hell, I'd even consider long time lurkers, perhaps even a Nepali:coffee::giggle:
Where is the Irish hermit?

It won't be a conflict of interest to the Forum, au contraire, we would advise anyone asking more In-depth questions to ask them on cervens. I would personally plug my Youtube channel, but the idea isn't about me and my channel.
So come on, it's time to get out of the woodwork.

This would be the ideal opportunity for the night jumper :unsure:(y)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
1616414807085.png
Looking good lads. I've put the water mark over over the logo to give you an idea. Obviously that won't be the way it's going to work. I'm going to need more than just a Mod. I'm also going to need an editor and another admin.
I still need a NAME. So come on lads, where are your ideas?

Attachments

• 1616414709812.png
    1616414709812.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 0

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'll be glad to help Joe but my French is limited on few words and I Can't promise you everyday presence.
Especially if I make some changes in my life which I will hopefully do.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'll be glad to help Joe but my French is limited on few words and I Can't promise you everyday presence.
Especially if I make some changes in my life which I will hopefully do.
Good man Dusa, check out the video, I'm hoping to roll over the weekend.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
View attachment 6877
Looking good lads. I've put the water mark over over the logo to give you an idea. Obviously that won't be the way it's going to work. I'm going to need more than just a Mod. I'm also going to need an editor and another admin.
I still need a NAME. So come on lads, where are your ideas?
Unless someone can come up with something better I'm looking at :

French 4 Foreign Legionnaires.

I was going to add something snotty like, thanks for all your interest and help. But then again, I thought maybe people are not interested in my projects, albeit that it is for them (and others like them) that I'm doing this.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It's official guys, I made the announcement on my Youtube channel. I've also changed it's name. Mark in your diaries for Saturday, Sunday at the latest.
As you can see from the video that I'm not much of a talker, although when I'm among my own, I'm a lot more at ease.
Dusa us in as a Mod. I'm still looking for the two editors.
Exceptionally can you like this one and leave a comment?
Remember to watch it in Youtube.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Wow, thanks all for the interest that you've shown*. Voltigeur told me by PM** that it was a little hard to understand.
I replied that hopefully I'll have gotten the message across: That I'm starting up a facebook page over the weekend and that I need some French speaking editors.

* No point in being sarcy ;)
** I wish that you'd have put it in the comments, Joe :) Of course it's not too late ! ;)

What I need now is the facebook page image. What I would like is a frame from a documentary where there are legionnaires on patrol with the Eifel tower or some other promenant French land marks. No need to isolate the frame yourself, just show me where the Doc. is and where about in the video it is.
I could of course just take an image from a 14 juillet défilé; but of course they are ten a penny. I want something that will stand out.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
This video is called wanted, it's less than 2 mins long. As always, please watch it on Youtube.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Yesterday at 8:04 AM
Hi Joseph, to tell you the truth, I found it difficult to grasp everything you tried to convey to listeners.
I suppose that speaking/recording via a cell phone made it so.
My thought is: how many potential listeners will keep listening to the end.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yesterday at 8:04 AM
Hi Joseph, to tell you the truth, I found it difficult to grasp everything you tried to convey to listeners.
I suppose that speaking/recording via a cell phone made it so.
My thought is: how many potential listeners will keep listening to the end.
Hi Joe, you're quite right which is why I brought the silent movie, wanted

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
LDLD isn't the only one who has hit the ground running. I've created my facebook business page and posted a video. Everyone is invited to check it out:
French 4 foreign legionnaires (no accent grave). You can show your appreciation by giving it a like (if you like).;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
So if anyone is interested in my page here is the user name:

@French4foreigners

So if you are, like me new to FB, or you simply want to leave a like, paste that next to the magnifying glass and you're in o_O:oops:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi all, I actually posted this on my YouTube channel yesterday morning and then Facebook page. I wasn't in too much of a hurry to post it on here, as the enthusiasm shown (I'm NOT talking about my videos) is sadly lacking. I noticed that Looker paid us a visit yesterday at 14:29 Thai time, ;) he's stopped posting -understandably I suppose given the circumstances. But for all the rest, we'd like to hear from you.
Anyway, enjoy the video, I've made some changes to the home page, please watch it on Youtube and leave a like. I know it would be too much to ask for any of you to leave a comment.
It's p$ss taker, out of me during my early attempts at making videos.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Free PDFs

here is what you get as an avant premèire
1617859111650.png
1617859231936.png

1617859484262.png

No Grumpy Cch, no catch! They are totally for free. You just have to go to the above site and download them. They will come in handy for my my next lesson on my Youtube channel,
How to write a letter to the general in French with with a download that you will just have to fill in with your name, legion given name and matricule with the approximative dates that you served.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi all, I've got three letters typed and corrected by my personal secretary. I've just got to add the English translation and some advise, film it and I'm already to go. I'm hoping to be able to add it to one that I've already posted called : Cover letters French*, if I can I'll add + letter to COMLE.
I'll post it on here. I'll also download them to Google classrooms, so all that you will have to do is change the name and add the dates.. Has anyone checked the Alt codes?

* which to date has had a total of 34 views
nothing better to do cropped.pngI don't know why the @#$% you bother.