a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created my own YouTube channel

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

In the end I decided to keep it simple.
If anyone is interested type in the google search
letters to COMLE

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I have only just gotten around to posting the above mentioned, as when I was trying to fit it into another youtube post, it was left in private mode.
nothing better to do cropped.png dosey c@nt, yea
Anyway I've gotten round to checking if the edit mode in classrooms works and it does.
I'd be quick as I don't know if you remember what happened to the last chef d'œuvre?
BTW I did the œ by pressing Alt 0156, did anyone bother to print them out or am I wasting my time?
PhotoFunia-1618102288.gif

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Remember all that you have to do is Type:

letters to COMLE

in the Youtube search.
There is a link to the Classrooms. From there you edit the name and address and dates, in French and send it off with accusé de réception.

Et voilà !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
If anyone is interested, I've just managed to post my video. What a pain in the neck ! Anyway it's calling:
Joining the legion? Here is what to take.

When I tell you that it was a pain in the neck, believe me it was. The last slide, the thanks for watching (in French) took me the whole morning to do. And it isn't something that I hadn't done before either.
I'll post the ad. on here tomorrow, when we come back from walking along the beach.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
As promised here is the ad. If you feel up to going on to the internet and watching a video 18mins long, then make sure that you leave a like.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks Mate, maybe you might start a trend i.e. some of the others may follow your example :cool:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
NeinNeinNein, unfortunately the idea was to watch it it on my Youtube channel :

Joining the Legion? Here is what to take

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm hoping to have the video out by the end of the day, if not tomorrow. It's called Joining the Legion? The one that got away,

Why that title, because it's the one point that I missed in Joining the legion? Here is what to take.
It also gave my a chance to try out my new 'sliding' technic

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Chance for all those who have been learning French to put their comprehension into practice. I'll post the written clues on here on Friday, in order to give everyone a chance to check it out on YouTube:

Legion Crossword Pure French

As the title suggests the clues are in French. the answers too.
Don't forget that you have the Alt codes for free on google classrooms.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi all, I thought I would make a start here, as I have already started with my video, Joining the Legion? The one that got away, which by the look of things, not many of you bothered to take the time to watch.
It is no bother to me as I have often said that the various technics that I use in my videos will hopefully come in handy when I'm giving security briefings.
And of course I have already gotten my white képi.
I thought about opening a thread about the benefits of joining a running club, getting certificates for charity runs and making sure that your cell phone is full of pics of you crossing the finishing line.
I'm also thinking of asking Joe Voltigeur his opinion on my adding to the Miranda warning something in the way of "you will have one week starting from today in order to post something." That way should anyone who wants to use the search fonction may do so, for a week.
What do you think?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Joyeux Camerone
I'm surprised that no-one bothered to ask me what I meant in the slide with the broken phone - it's not mine, I just copied it from the web and added my channel - :cool:, what the significance of "sure you can always refuse 1/8" was.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Here is the the full video with the clues spoken by my masked assistant. You have a page which you can can copy of the crossword schema by holding down the windows key and the Prt sc (print screen) (F12) then paste it as you would normally onto a word page. Tomorrow, I'll post (on my channel) the link to complete it on line.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
The solutions and translation.
Remember to go on YouTube to watch it and leave a like.

And yes, it's more than just giving the answers.

nothing better to do cropped.png On YouTube !

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thanks for the thumbs up, Mark.
You have done an outstanding job on keeping things going on the forum! Kudos also to LPC..volt..Pink Floyd and our other regular members..and although you may not hear it much from other anciens your work on YouTube and Facebook has been noticed! and certainly an invaluable tool for those young lads who interested in joining the legion and how to go about it. Cheers mate.