a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created my own YouTube channel

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's Rapace again... Must be... LOL

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What’s the link to your channel Joe so I can save it need to have a look more often thanks.
Or do I just hit a video you upload on her will try that I’m useless 😊
648 subscribers how long you been going? Well done I would not have the patience but 🎩 off to you.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bit of feed back Joe people with hidden disability find the use Some colours and backgrounds much more easy to read and watch when I was working for the NHS we did a lot of training and doing individual and group work the hand outs were done on different paper and the fonts, don’t take my feed back as negative but if you use colours and backgrounds that are more easy on the brain your chances are people will be more inclined to continue and press like and subscribe Google it I will dig some of my old stuff for people with hidden learning disabilities and let you see but won’t be till weekend. If I’m batting up the wrong tree say so as don’t want to waiste my time or yours 1-5 have hidden disability ( learning of some sort)
Let me no.
I lasted 2 pages and had enough!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Bit of feed back Joe people with hidden disability find the use Some colours and backgrounds much more easy to read and watch when I was working for the NHS we did a lot of training and doing individual and group work the hand outs were done on different paper and the fonts, don’t take my feed back as negative but if you use colours and backgrounds that are more easy on the brain your chances are people will be more inclined to continue and press like and subscribe Google it I will dig some of my old stuff for people with hidden learning disabilities and let you see but won’t be till weekend. If I’m batting up the wrong tree say so as don’t want to waiste my time or yours 1-5 have hidden disability ( learning of some sort)
Let me no.
I lasted 2 pages and had enough!
I've been going on my channel now for a year last September. At first it was to help out job seekers like myself. I then put out a vdieo called "Job Offer: French foreign legionnaire". It is by far the worst video that I've put out. Ironically it is the most successful, topping over 9 700 vues. It is always in the top three of the last 48 hours views. (you can see it down on the bottom right). Equally ironically, the video that I thought would do the best "And through St Micheal...Long live the Paras" only got 50 something views, here is the description to it:
Welcome to the 6th episode of the Legion traditions. This time, we're going to look at the 2nd REP which will celebrate St. Michael's Day on September 29. More importantly, we'll look at where the date of this holiday comes from and why St. Michael? Who exactly is he, where is he in the hierarchy of angels.
Then we'll look at those pesky shirt creases, which are so annoying and hard to iron, especially on a new shirt,
Then we'll look at the green beret, why that particular color.
Did you know that it was the 13th DBLE who was the first to wear a beret? And that the "13" never wore the "Bonnet de Police" which was the official name of the Calot.
You will notice that these three subjects have a common point: Indochina.
I would like to wish everyone in the name of the Cervens: a French Foreign Legion forum: A Happy St. Michael! At the same time, I would like to thank all those of the forum who contributed to this video, especially "Kronenberg" & Le Petit Caporal (LPC).

I had even translated it into French with the same (lack of ) success on a different video.
Oh, well as the saying goes: you can lead a legionnaire to the foyer, but you can't make him drink. Or is it a horse to water? Whatever.
I would be interest in your color scheme, I'd given it a try, but without any success.
Here is where you can find my channel:

1635388917528.png

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Joe, what has impressed me is the standard and presentation I am going to watch them all over next few weeks I don’t understand why your numbers are so low in some before new members make them watc
Almost all of them have it pointing downwards it seems. Is it because of safety issues?
live firing exercises can be a bit of a worry at times for first timers! You need you wits about you I nearly 💩myself in Corsica as was used to a bit better structure in the Brit Army half of us were struggling with French language and they were simulating skirmishes😂

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Combine the two...why does the Légion swing left on Bastille day ?
So that the canons are not aimed in the direction of the presidental tribune.
De Gaulle era to today

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Almost all of them have it pointing downwards it seems. Is it because of safety issues?
Correct that man. It is standard safety operations when flying in helicopters. If you are going in 'hot' i.e. if you have live ammo an N/D or negligent discharge, would hit the the motor. Although in some modern helicopters the floors are reinforced which means that a round (bullet) will ricochet until it hits the softest point of impact.
Which, although not quite the same thing, is the same as the inside of a VAB. The best case scenario of an N/D in a VAB is that people are momentarily stunned from the shock to their ears.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Correct that man. It is standard safety operations when flying in helicopters. If you are going in 'hot' i.e. if you have live ammo an N/D or negligent discharge, would hit the the motor. Although in some modern helicopters the floors are reinforced which means that a round (bullet) will ricochet until it hits the softest point of impact.
Which, although not quite the same thing, is the same as the inside of a VAB. The best case scenario of an N/D in a VAB is that people are momentarily stunned from the shock to their ears.

Does something like that happen often? I would think that it does from time to time but mostly with inexperienced operators. I was surprised when Joel Struthers said in a podcast somewhere that while in the GCP he had involuntary discharges on his first two operations.

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
(...) I was surprised when Joel Struthers said in a podcast somewhere that while in the GCP he had involuntary discharges on his first two operations.
If I remember correctly, those incidents happened with weapons they captured. You can't really trust cheap weapons (or soldiers to maintain them).

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
If I remember correctly, those incidents happened with weapons they captured. You can't really trust cheap weapons (or soldiers to maintain them).

Yes can be! I haven't read the book but listened to a couple of podcasts, he was also at Jocko's