a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created my own YouTube channel

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

temporary thumb nail
hahaha - The love for Basil / Stiletto / Players No 10 etc... certainly shines through!

Just on a point of interest, are les blues allowed to keep their own gear now? (thermals, socks etc as you said). In my day absolutely everything was issued. Track suit and adidas for medicals and for anything sportif, , and a baggy set of old combats (with a leather belt) for the rest.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
hahaha - The love for Basil / Stiletto / Players No 10 etc... certainly shines through!

Just on a point of interest, are les blues allowed to keep their own gear now? (thermals, socks etc as you said). In my day absolutely everything was issued. Track suit and adidas for medicals and for anything sportif, , and a baggy set of old combats (with a leather belt) for the rest.
The tee shirts, they can keep, until they go red, socks until they go blue. The rest is issued. The days of the leather belts went a couple of years after they stopped taking conscripts into the French army.
Hopefully it will teach the little sh$tbag a lesson. Reddit took down my post. However, I could not find any trace of Stiletto_6ix which is a good thing, he's obviously had to change his account !

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The tee shirts, they can keep, until they go red, socks until they go blue. The rest is issued. The days of the leather belts went a couple of years after they stopped taking conscripts into the French army.
Hopefully it will teach the little sh$tbag a lesson. Reddit took down my post. However, I could not find any trace of Stiletto_6ix which is a good thing, he's obviously had to change his account !
Thought he was positing under Turbulent Basil now n'est pas?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
The Plonker needs to just disappear into obscurity now, although his rants do give me a good laugh. Joe is on it, so lets wait and see. Also clearly being a blanket packer gives the bloke plenty of free time to spout his nonsense.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Stilleto was posting comments on your reddit post with that video, he very much still exists on reddit.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Stilleto was posting comments on your reddit post with that video, he very much still exists on reddit.
Yes, I saw that, the guy really is sick in the head.
He was back on here, not so long ago, going under the name of cloggy ;):)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

NEW CALEDONIA 10.28.2014

Marines with 2nd Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, underwent French commando training as part of exercise Americall 2 Sept. 24 - Oct.28 in New Caledonia.
"Hell in a Helmet"

2nd Battalion, 9th Marines was an infantry battalion of the United States Marine Corps. Formed during World War I, the unit played an instrumental role in the defeat of the Japanese forces in the Battles of Guam and Iwo Jima during World War II.

On April 1, 2015, it was deactivated as part of a post-war drawdown.

Make sure that you have the Subtitles enabled.

The band music at the end of the video is not intentional, but I'm going to leave it for future videos. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

This training, at the National Gendarmerie Tactical Training Center in Saint-Astier, France, is part of a partnership between the Gendarmerie, a French militarized police unit dedicated to public safety.
Prior to the Marines’ arrival in France, two French officers instructed the American platoon in basic Gendarmerie crowd and riot control tactics at Morón Air Base, Spain.
“This gives us the ability to execute multiple missions no matter where they may occur.”
Special-Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force Crisis Response-Africa, based out of Morón, Spain, is a self-sustaining crisis response force prepared for the protection of American personnel and facilities on the African continent, when directed.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

This training, at the National Gendarmerie Tactical Training Center in Saint-Astier, France, is part of a partnership between the Gendarmerie, a French militarized police unit dedicated to public safety.
Prior to the Marines’ arrival in France, two French officers instructed the American platoon in basic Gendarmerie crowd and riot control tactics at Morón Air Base, Spain.
“This gives us the ability to execute multiple missions no matter where they may occur.”
Special-Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force Crisis Response-Africa, based out of Morón, Spain, is a self-sustaining crisis response force prepared for the protection of American personnel and facilities on the African continent, when directed.
Good one Joe, reminds me of Uk Police riot training back in the day , very similar tactics although we had horses not armoured cars. Interestingly we did practice with rubber bullets however these were never deployed in mainland UK disorder, Northern Ireland use only I think.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Good one Joe, reminds me of Uk Police riot training back in the day , very similar tactics although we had horses not armoured cars. Interestingly we did practice with rubber bullets however these were never deployed in mainland UK disorder, Northern Ireland use only I think.
I was in a hurry to get it out. I'll add the subs now, even the rubber bricks are thrown too lightly, and It looks as though they are playing 'tag' with the shields "touch-touch" in French.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
This is my latest video,

It's basically about the Marines doing doing a corporal's course for the 4 different arms + One Frenchman, who is already a caporal chef.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Nothing special in the first video, but the 2nd should be interesting enough.

French, German. Japanese, Italian

U.S. Marines with Light Armored Reconnaissance, Battalion Landing Team, 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment (BLT 2/6), 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), participate in a live-fire range with French partners in the U.S. 5th Fleet Area of Operations, April 3, 2018.
The 26th MEU trains to sustain expeditionary readiness across a range of critical capabilities both afloat and ashore in order to be prepared to respond to crisis in the U.S. 5th Fleet Area of Operations.
Also did you know that there are at least 10 different versions of the FAMAS?
NATO presents 5 reasons why they should invest in drone technology.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
UK Police adopted tactics from my old Colonial Force. They even sent reps to our training facility.
As for rubber bullets we preferred the baton shell made of bamboo with a lead weight. Fired five yards in front of mob to skim or ricochet at leg/knee level. Weapon used Federal Gas Gun.