a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created my own YouTube channel

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the thumbs up LPC. I will be taking my time with this one as it's going to be in English & French, separately. At the same time we're moving house in a weeks time.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Here is the French version. For those that are interested in seeing the same version if English, you will have to go to my channel.

Actually it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I just thought that it would be a question of taking the words and translating them. Oh boy !
BTE for those who are going to join the legion, I spent about two weeks on preparing a video about Aubagne, Fort de Nogent and the Monument aux morts.

I'm not asking anyone to subscribe or even to (y), but if you are going to join, then at least take a look. I have to admit that half an hour is quite long.
Which brings me to the subject that I wanted to put in a song. Bordel but it isn't easy,
so here it is, it is what the 1st REP sang when they were incarcerated in FdeN under 'fort arrest'.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Great ! Give an honest opinion, I've just sent the two of them to a possible employer, in DRC. The idea being that I can give a security lecture using a slide show in both French and English.
Still to come is the Mobutu era where he called in first the UN to quash the bad guys and then in '78... but that is for after our moving house.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Great ! Give an honest opinion, I've just sent the two of them to a possible employer, in DRC. The idea being that I can give a security lecture using a slide show in both French and English.
Still to come is the Mobutu era where he called in first the UN to quash the bad guys and then in '78... but that is for after our moving house.
Roger that, I like them. I have only watched "working from home" and "application to The Legion part 1" so far. I think they are well put together. When I get more time I will view more. I subscribed and liked the videos I watched though.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I F-up quite pretty bad. It wasn't be so sad if i didn't use google translate and still managed to answer more than half questions wrongly. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I F-up quite pretty bad. It wasn't be so sad if i didn't use google translate and still managed to answer more than half questions wrongly. :)
Don't worry about it Dusa.
I'll be posting a video with the explanations in 2/3 days.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Don't worry about it Dusa.
I'll be posting a video with the explanations in 2/3 days.
Not worry I don't know French i knew that already. I was just flying over questions and used translator for question didn't understand (most of them). I'm sure I can do that with help of google if I really want.

Looks like in French you can tell time sometimes in 4 and more different ways

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
The idea was for those who claim to be learning French everyday to give it a go.
I'm just not too sure about today's candidates, there seems to be a lot of talk about learning the language, and when they chance to test themselvesnothing better to do cropped.pngthere's no-one. It's not as though it's for me. My french is OK, true I did get Erika to check on the spelling and the grammar, but the rest was me.

I'm working on the answers at the moment, I should have them ready in two days time.

Remember that I have predicted a time in the not too distant future when there will be a French test along with the pull-ups and the IQ test. 'You heard it first on here", to paraphrase Le Petit Caporal.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It's here, lads; my best (up to now anyway ;)) video. Can I ask everyone to watch it on Youtube ? That'll boost my street cred a bit ;).
Now some of you (if you bother to watch it) may ask why I have put "thanks for watching" in Nepali at the end?

Well I'll tell you, because on Youtube you have all these different statistics, such as Gender (mine is male i.e. there are more males who watch my videos than females or Trans :) - I'm on a ride here, lads).
There is also the age groups mine is 25-35, which I have deduced is because of the videos that I've put out about the ... Legion !
And also which country the most viewers come from, and yes you guessed it, Napel ! So in anticipation of my (new) brown friends watching the video I thought that I'd thank them in their own language.
The fact that in the second half of the video is a brown guy taking the IQ test and scratching his head, is purely coincidence.

Remember to watch it on Youtube ! Bordel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
It's here, lads; my best (up to now anyway ;)) video. Can I ask everyone to watch it on Youtube ? That'll boost my street cred a bit ;).
Now some of you (if you bother to watch it) may ask why I have put "thanks for watching" in Nepali at the end?

Well I'll tell you, because on Youtube you have all these different statistics, such as Gender (mine is male i.e. there are more males who watch my videos than females or Trans :) - I'm on a ride here, lads).
There is also the age groups mine is 25-35, which I have deduced is because of the videos that I've put out about the ... Legion !
And also which country the most viewers come from, and yes you guessed it, Napel ! So in anticipation of my (new) brown friends watching the video I thought that I'd thank them in their own language.
The fact that in the second half of the video is a brown guy taking the IQ test and scratching his head, is purely coincidence.

i will check out your channel.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Good stuff Joseph!.compliments from some of the lads!😉

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
As promised the first part in my google classrooms lesson on IQ training.

remember to check it out (if you want to) on Youtube.

Here is the link to go to for the classroom :

There is obviously more info in the classroom version.

Reaction score
Home Country
Switzerland
Im in France and learn french by listening and trieng to speak. So i dont have a teacher. But the test was pretty hard. thats why i didnt finish it. not really because i didnt understand the questions but more because i had no idea what the right answer is. like how am i supposed to know then bastille got attacked? :D

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Im in France and learn french by listening and trieng to speak. So i dont have a teacher. But the test was pretty hard. thats why i didnt finish it. not really because i didnt understand the questions but more because i had no idea what the right answer is. like how am i supposed to know then bastille got attacked? :D
There is a massive parade every year which I have had the honor to take place in, not once but twice, as has LPC.